Spoons Han Hoths

spoons

Grand Master
Thanks guys - appreciated :)

Lee Gregory said:
Great post Andy, some beauties in that lot, and some real dedication gone into collecting those over a period of time.

Is there any particular ones you are looking for???

good question Lee. A 48A (offerless) to finish the Kenner run

A 30B and 45A to finish the Palitoy run - no chance on the 45B hence I'm happy with my scruffy cardback.

A 47 and a transition for the Canadian run - I've never seen the 47 before but it apparently exists.

And otherwise anything POCH, Meccano or any other country that involves me remortgaging the house - I think someone had a Ledy recently too, that was a new one on me.

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
spoons said:
Thanks guys - appreciated :)

Lee Gregory said:
Great post Andy, some beauties in that lot, and some real dedication gone into collecting those over a period of time.

Is there any particular ones you are looking for???

good question Lee. A 48A (offerless) to finish the Kenner run

A 30B and 45A to finish the Palitoy run - no chance on the 45B hence I'm happy with my scruffy cardback.

A 47 and a transition for the Canadian run - I've never seen the 47 before but it apparently exists.

And otherwise anything POCH, Meccano or any other country that involves me remortgaging the house - I think someone had a Ledy recently too, that was a new one on me.

Take it you've seen the graded 48a on ebay Andy???

At £400+ for an 80 it's bloody expensive, maybe the rarity is factored in the price a bit maybe.....

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Ahh and£100 import charges cos of their global shipping bollocks not to mention actual shipping costs also. Hate buying from the States off ebay :x

spoons

Grand Master
Cheers Lee - it's been for sale a long time. £200 for an absolute minter is about right IMO. £150 for a C8. I did previously own one but sold it in 2011 for about £60 :(

Not to worry - it's all about the hunt

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
Spoons delivers! As a fellow Han collector, this really blows me away. And to think you are so close to finishing the full Kenner run.....wow Andy!

What's your favorite piece?

I love the Clipper 65D and the Model Trem!

spoons

Grand Master
Ross_Barr said:
Spoons delivers! As a fellow Han collector, this really blows me away. And to think you are so close to finishing the full Kenner run.....wow Andy!

What's your favorite piece?

I love the Clipper 65D and the Model Trem!

Cheers Ross - those two are right up there as well as the Vader two pack. Sentimentally the Palitoy 41 back was my first big buy (relatively speaking) and from a trader at a show, which adds a sense of occasion to any buy. I really like the Kenner 45A too as I couldn't find one for ages and then found a minter at a great price at CE1. The Pal 45B is great too - in fact I love them all :lol:

benny100

Sith Lord
Stunning collection, really cool to look at. I kept thinking when is this gonna stop but it just kept throwing up more stunning items!
Absolutely love that 4 pack mailer, been after one of those for ages.

poncho

Grand Master
You know the brown legged one in the kb 2pack.

Im looking for a loose example was this example just state side? Kenner

I know theres a poch brown leg

spoons

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
Andy you have a fantastic Solo Hoth collection, great focus.

So what is your goal ?

thanks Lars - just to try and get as much vintage as I can, but in no particular rush. A Palitoy 45A would be my grail though

poncho said:
You know the brown legged one in the kb 2pack.

Im looking for a loose example was this example just state side? Kenner

I know theres a poch brown leg

Good question Poncho and actually the opposite - its a Palitoy release presumably taken from a tri-logo pack and put on a Kaybee two pack. They are on ebay pretty regularly and used to go for anywhere between £10 and £20 (not sure what today's prices have done to them).

poncho

Grand Master
spoons said:
Good question Poncho and actually the opposite - its a Palitoy release presumably taken from a tri-logo pack and put on a Kaybee two pack. They are on ebay pretty regularly and used to go for anywhere between £10 and £20 (not sure what today's prices have done to them).

ive havnt seen any not chocolate brown the only ones i can see are just normal beige/tan/olive and dark brown/green...grrr.. lmk if you see andy. the search contines.....

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
Pomse2001 said:
Andy you have a fantastic Solo Hoth collection, great focus.

So what is your goal ?

thanks Lars - just to try and get as much vintage as I can, but in no particular rush. A Palitoy 45A would be my grail though

I did not know palitoy 45 was so hard to find :shock:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Beautiful collection bud, and epitomises the hobby a broad spectrum of items that is obsessive :lol: but that's what makes it so amazing if you saw. A Han Hoth item that was not rare and worth a couple of quid BUT you didn't have it, you would buy it in a heartbeat, for the same reason you would drop a good chunk on an item. Congratulations on a superb collection and if i ever see anything you don't have or may be interested in I will definitely drop you a pm. Congrats again on a superb collection 8)

coomber75

Sith Lord
im new to han hoth variants but have picked up a couple recently as i randomly had a pink face in a bundle but these make me swoon spoon what a grwat colle tion!!!

spoons

Grand Master
Thnaks guys, I'm pleased that the photobucket pics haven't disappeared after posting this so long ago. Got a few addiitons to the focus since this post but not many considering the time that has passed.

Here are my POCH 41 back reseal, transparency used to inform the design on the back of the Kenner 41 backs - 76% reduction, unused POTF2 card back (very generous gift from Pat), Canada 47 back and headless Han :lol:

I've got a better Palitoy 45A card but would like an 02 bubble to reseal a figure.

Poch_Han_Hoth_41_(1).jpg

Poch_Han_Hoth_41_(3).jpg

Han-Hoth-transparency-6.jpg

Han-Hoth-transparency-8.jpg

POTF2-Han-Solo-unused-cardback-2.jpg

Canadian-Kenner-47-1.jpg

3ESB_31A_Headless_(1).jpg

and some loose

3C46704E-2800-4913-8729-5929B079718C.jpg

46256CE5-4CDA-41F9-B003-2C90C37C06ED.jpg

7C37FFAE-F8CD-4D49-9C3A-64880F50831B.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom