Spoon's die cast update

Palifan

Sith Lord
Is this the other Land Speeder mail away that I have a vague memory of you mentioning spoons ? https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=36082&start=15

Ian

spoons

Grand Master
Palifan said:
Is this the other Land Speeder mail away that I have a vague memory of you mentioning @spoons ? https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=36082&start=15

Ian

Hi Ian, that is the other one. JC Penney definitely sold those, not sure if anyone else sold that box.
Pulsar said:
That is an outstanding collection of diecast Spoons! :shock: 8)
The best one i have seen, many thanks for sharing.

I notice you have the excellent small wings DV on regular card. I moved mine on last year and seeing yours has made me pine.
Your Vader is similarly jettisoned to my old one, have you ever seen an example with a Vader still inside the cockpit?

Kind regards
Paul

Thanks Paul, a shame you moved on those pieces but needs must. I don't think the inner tray was ever designed for the small wing TIE so odds are that Vader will fall out over time. Not sure that I've seen a TIE card with a loose Vader so maybe the bubble was slightly smaller, Vader glued or more likely just coincidence

The production bubble had an inner tray to keep Vader in

Palifan

Sith Lord
spoons said:
Palifan said:
Is this the other Land Speeder mail away that I have a vague memory of you mentioning @spoons ? https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=36082&start=15

Ian

Hi Ian, that is the other one. JC Penney definitely sold those, not sure if anyone else sold that box.
Pulsar said:
Good to know and do let me know if you're ever after one :D

Ian

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Your collection looks fantastic Andy, you can't beat a bit of die-cast! Nice to see the Doctor Who 'Sugar Smacks' badges there too!!

spoons

Grand Master
peekaygee73 said:
Your collection looks fantastic Andy, you can't beat a bit of die-cast! Nice to see the Doctor Who 'Sugar Smacks' badges there too!!

Thanks Paul, I never knew the origin of those badges. They were a hand me down from my cousin. Off to google 70s sugar smacks now

spoons

Grand Master
Palifan said:
spoons said:
Palifan said:

Ian

Pulsar said:
Good to know and do let me know if you're ever after one :D

Ian

Let me know if you are selling as I'd be tempted

Palifan

Sith Lord
[/quote]

I could be although I've no idea what these would go for, any thoughts then let me know.

Ian

spoons

Grand Master
Palifan said:

I could be although I've no idea what these would go for, any thoughts then let me know.

Ian
[/quote]

I'll have a think and get back to you, but I'm not desperate for one to in no rush

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
This is most definitely the best die cast collection I have seen and the way you have displayed them is awesome, out of curiosity spoons how long did it take to acquire all of these?

spoons

Grand Master
DarthHamblin said:
This is most definitely the best die cast collection I have seen and the way you have displayed them is awesome, out of curiosity spoons how long did it take to acquire all of these?

Thanks DarthHamblin that is appreciated. I put a carded run together and focussed on TIE fighters for around 10-15 years so roughly one a year on that basis but had a loose run since the 90s. The other runs I've mostly put together in the last 5-6 years or so, since I started the website.

With only 11 ships it's relatively easy to put a set together but some of the foreign cards are very rare

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Brilliant mate, you say relatively easy. That set takes time and dedication and like I said before it's very impressive 👍

spoons

Grand Master
DarthHamblin said:
Brilliant mate, you say relatively easy. That set takes time and dedication and like I said before it's very impressive 👍

Thnaks again :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom