Sometimes wish i was a scumbag.

Richard_H

Grand Master
I've had that happen on here and on RS.

Wasnt happy with either. For both I made it very clear I was interested and was waiting for a price. Then someone pm'd after me (could quite clearly see my message) and bought as I was waiting for reply.

Rebel_Runner

Jedi Master
Karma can be a bitch.
You can sleep easy in the knowledge that you did the right thing.
You can't buy morals on eBay... But if you could they either be fake or some one would cut it short for a back door BIN.

sith-smith

Grand Master
I think you did the right thing as well Lee

A lot of this hobby is about reputation and dealing with people in the wrong manner will eventually comeback and bite you.

And to be honest, all the years I have known you, you have always seemed a decent stand up guy. That ecstatic feeling you may have got from winning it in that manner probably wouldn't have lasted long because you'd know you had done something against your better judgement.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
You did the right thing. I have never contacted a seller offering more money, but last month I contacted the winner of an auction asking if he would sell it to me for a higher price once he received it. I missed out on a really rare game thanks to ebay's f****ing useless saved searches that never seem to work. It only sold for $26 USD and I offered him $100 for it, would probably have gone higher. But he said he wasn't interested in selling.

Lars

Padawan
On a similar note... On another forum I posted a wanted topic in the wanted section and I got a post reply from someone telling me they had what I was after.

I messaged them after I saw their reply and told them I'd take it. They told me someone else saw their reply before me in my wanted thread and they sold it to them. :x I was only gone for less than a day too! Arrgh!

lee gray

Sith Lord
Lars said:
On a similar note... On another forum I posted a wanted topic in the wanted section and I got a post reply from someone telling me they had what I was after.

I messaged them after I saw their reply and told them I'd take it. They told me someone else saw their reply before me in my wanted thread and they sold it to them. :x I was only gone for less than a day too! Arrgh!
That sucks thats why pm replies r best as only the person 8n question knows

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom