Solo - we missed out

lejackal

Grand Master
Being honest I don't have a huge amount to say beyond the clickbait title.

As you've indulged me I'll make an effort though (ish)

Off the back of a recent thread that questioned the credulity of Maul coming back "in a live action film" I rewatched Solo (a film I liked so much I bought it digitally)

The film itself has its issues, not that I'm inclined to go into them here.

What it also presents though (teases and taunts in all honesty) is a Crimson Dawn flick. I'd love that, I'd probably beg for it. The best recent cinematic effort by a galactic mile has been Andor. "Maul", or "Dawn", could've been amazing. Dark, gritty, grown up Star Wars. Andor grown up.

Anyway, I won't bemoan other stuff.

Toodles.

supergoose

Padawan
Supporter
As I've said before I think Solo would have been best suited to a TV series. Too much Han Solo lore covered in a single film, I do like the film though. A Crimson Dawn spin off definiely gets my thumbs up. Andor as mentioned was brilliant. Personally I'd quite like a Palpatine origin story.... but we tend to get what what they decide to give us. I'm happy to take on board whatever is released and enjoy what I enjoy..... definitely feels like there's massive opportunities being missed across the board however. Oh well.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
A series would've worked really well. The film set up huge potential for follow-ups, but it bombed so badly, meaning everything got shelved. Still baffled by the release date and lack of Disney promotion.

It will be interesting to see if the Lando movie ever gets off the ground and if it picks up any of the threads from Solo.

Last edited:

lejackal

Grand Master
Solo suffered because of the dog poop sequels. Yeah, it has its flaws (what movie doesn't?), but it's better than its box office receipts by miles

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, being released so soon after the divisive TLJ was stupid. Should've let the dust settle, then give it a decent promotional push, as a separate, stand alone SW movie. Christmas release. Would've made at least twice as much, probably more.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yeah, being released so soon after the divisive TLJ was stupid. Should've let the dust settle, then give it a decent promotional push, as a separate, stand alone SW movie. Christmas release. Would've made at least twice as much, probably more.
It's almost as if the powers to be wanted it to fail, they certainly did everything possible to ensure it did. 🤔

Last edited:

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
I wonder if it had performed better at the box office if they were to have CGI/deep faked a young harrison ford on AE performance? Obv. The tech wasn't quite there at the time🤔

Latest posts

Top Bottom