Show Yourselves!

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Tomorrow is apparently going to be even hotter

I don't mind it actually, it's the cold I can't stand - I'm one of those people who feel the cold easily, always got cold hands except in the summer months

Ron

Sith Lord
Cc4rhu said:
Ron said:
Cc4rhu said:
Ah is Ron the walker? Couldn't remember who that was. I'm off to Fort William Sunday next week to spend 6 days being self sufficient in the hills before coming back to the North Yorkshire Moors for another 4. :D

Yeah am the walker. Just about completed the munros. Every hill/ mountain in scotland over 3000ft. There is 282 off them. I have 1 left to do.
Was in a place called knoydart this week. the most remote part off scotland. Did 46km with 3869meters off ascent in 17.5 hours off walking

Also trying to join torridon mountain rescue at the moment.

What hills did you do in Fort william

I'm a ***** compared to that! When I did my ML training the assessor was telling me about spending a fortnight in knoydart (which I could never find on a map because I was looking for Noydark lol). I recall that the nearest road was 3 days walk and then there was a ring of hills which you could walk in a week and then 3 days back out?

Didn't do a lot at Fort William mainly was based North of Spean Bridge heading towards Laggan. Never been at that bit before, usually based at Aviemore and Tomatin.

2 days ago headed to Glen Shiel and enjoyed Coire na Craileig. Stayed at Altbeith YhA and then headed out to Morvich via Meall a Bhealaich. My spell check is going nuts.
Yesterday went South to through Kintail but didn't try the Five Sisters :(
Picked up the old military road and did Bealach , Chaolis and Foachag.
Burnt a fair bit was very hot!
Tomatin very close to where i stay
There is some stunning hills in kintail. Done the 5 sisters twice now :lol: (ha ha every guys dream)

chiffy

Sith Lord
Don't know if you guys can remember my last photo ( way back on page 11 the sumo with the stormies ) i 1st posted when joining up with you lot but here is an upto date version incase we have a meet up. I've been working on losing weight and have lost 4 stone since that 1st photo! Obviously in this 1 i am trying my best to put it back on :D Seriously tho' pretty proud of myself.

chazb73

Sith Lord
Well done mate! :)

I used to be right into fitness but in the last few years have piled the weight on - any tips?

(its chocolate with me )

chiffy

Sith Lord
All i did was cut out the **** and gave it time. I was eating bacon sarnie for brekky, junk food foe dinner then a massive tea with chips etc not to mention snacking on choc and crisps in between and drinking a 2 litre bottle of pepsi a day! No i just have 3 diet type biscuits and a banana for brekkie at work at 9am then for dinner 3 rivetas with any topping on. I sounds **** all but it's only like having a sandwich, the rivetas are irelavent aslong as you've got a tasty topping. I usually go for cheese with tomato/cucumber or some kind of spread. Polish that off with a full fat yoghurt and a pack of raisins and glug down a bottle of cordial with it. So eat full fat stuff cos it's still better than pizza and pies lol. Starting Friday nights i still drink a belly full of beer and get a takeaway or even 2 over the weekend then back to Monday and back on the small but still tasty stuff. The proofs in the pudding aslong as youre patient it'll come off eventually lads.

PS and thats without doing any proper exercise aswell! I still play Sunday league footy and train for an hour on a Thursday night but nothing hardcore like jogging or gymwork.

plantman

Sith Lord
i found that the 10 minute trainers and t25 home workouts helped me loads, lost nearly 4st in 18months.

the majority of the starter stuff is free on youtube too.

Andy

Rebel_Runner

Jedi Master
Chiffy has hit the nail on the head. Live Monday to Friday super health, no crisps, chocolate, High calorie beverages and have whole meal instead of white (Pasta, Rice, Bread) were possible, and moderate you portion size. Then live the weekend as you wish (obviously don't go mad) and you should loose or maintain weight. To really loose weight you need to be exercising 3/4 time a week.

Unfortunatly its simply a case of "Calories in V's Calories out".

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Well done on the weight loss Chiff.
Here's one my daughter took of me last night which unfortunately doesn't show myself too well but shes only 8 and done well in capturing the action.

DSC_0489.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom