Show Yourselves!

Jez

Sith Lord
Do you think that there is a chance that we don't give people enough credit?
:oops:
There is a female ambulance worker opposite where i live who is a total enthusiast.
I do think that sometimes we should give some of these "girls" a bit of time before we all jump on the "Oh thats a wac job or a bloke just dicking with us". I don't suffer fools gladly, but i do feel that it must be difficult for girls who are into the hobby to join us...

Thoughts??

(Putting on my tin hat and hiding under the table)

TC-14

Sith Lord
I've got to agree with you there, Jez (excuse me while I don the tin hat, also). I'm a trusting soul by nature and I was surprised to hear of the bizarre outing of 'Kenner Babe' and her true gender when I initially joined this forum and looked back on the history... so I can see why folk would be immediately suspicious. But I like to believe in the truthful and the positive, before being proved otherwise. That's my two-penneth.

Room for a second under that table? :lol:

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I find it hard to believe a female collects vintage Joes, He-man and star wars...but I guess anything is possible. I just always ask myself why a female would want to post somewhat compromising photos (ie show a hard nip) when they know that it is a male dominated hobby. Why not post a more sensible photo??? This is what makes me question these things. I apologize if she takes offence, but I just find it curious and 9 times out of 10 the numerous female members we have had have turned out to be guys and the 1 out of 10 was a total psychotic female (Grant was in love).

We will warm up slowly......but we are not a bad lot.

Deber

Padawan
TC-14 said:
I've got to agree with you there, Jez (excuse me while I don the tin hat, also). I'm a trusting soul by nature and I was surprised to hear of the bizarre outing of 'Kenner Babe' and her true gender when I initially joined this forum and looked back on the history... so I can see why folk would be immediately suspicious. But I like to believe in the truthful and the positive, before being proved otherwise. That's my two-penneth.

Room for a second under that table? :lol:

I had no idea that being female was such a big deal or problem... I know there are not a whole lot of female SW collectors (not that I have met at least), and that not every person that I meet understands why I collect SW instead of my little pony or barbies.
I have made some great deals with fantastic people over the years and almost never had a bad reaction from fellow collectors in person or over the internet.
Anyone who has a problem with me being a woman, just don't look at my collection showcase or read my posts. :wink:
I'm not bothered at all about people speculating about my gender (though I see no reason to lie about it),that's there problem and not mine. I just don't like sexist remarks, besides that I really don't mind a whole lot.
Male or female, we are here to share our hobby right? that's it for me at least.... no more, no less.

Deber

Padawan
tiefighterboy said:
I find it hard to believe a female collects vintage Joes, He-man and star wars...but I guess anything is possible. I just always ask myself why a female would want to post somewhat compromising photos (ie show a hard nip) when they know that it is a male dominated hobby. Why not post a more sensible photo??? This is what makes me question these things. I apologize if she takes offence, but I just find it curious and 9 times out of 10 the numerous female members we have had have turned out to be guys and the 1 out of 10 was a total psychotic female (Grant was in love).

We will warm up slowly......but we are not a bad lot.

That was not a nipple, that is my dress! :cry: :oops:
Trust me I will not post that kind of pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_4054.jpg
    IMG_4054.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 91

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Fair enough. Keep in mind that this is not a "PG" rated forum and as long as you can deal with that you will be ok. No crime in being female...but we have had so many jokers on here..it is not even funny...well sometimes. :wink:

Deber

Padawan
tiefighterboy said:
Looks like a nip...but I may have vision problems as I am an old ****.

I know where my nips are located :wink:

Here, no nip pics :D

Attachments

• IMG_4089.jpg
    IMG_4089.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4091.jpg
    IMG_4091.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 93

Richard_H

Grand Master
I think what Todd's trying to say is welcome, join in and don't get offended :D

And as a side note we've had many guys pretending to be gals, Yanks pretending to be human, that kind of thing, so that's why he's being a little careful.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom