Response to Claims

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
maxf said:
Cymonguk said:
b) If there is no competition, why not, I could set up the same model with the appropriate investment. So why has nobody done this, what is the barrier that is stopping people. As an example I am sure I could talk to Iainitfc and agree a model for him to ship stuff over from the US in lots that I had bought for a handling cost. Is the barrier something else (i.e. a specific contact(s) who is selling lots of these items to jeff)

Because it's bollocks. Back in the early 2000s you could buy on eBay US and sell in the U.K. at a profit - consistently. I did it. As soon as I got a real job I didn't have time to hunt for the misspelled auctions anymore so didn't. A couple of years later, people were wise to it and the opportunities dropped right off. I don't believe for a second there was a CONSISTENT opportunity for him to buy in bulk in the US from publically accessible sources. Why isn't Iain doing it if so?

So that leads me to think it's either a)a **** bollocks story or b)they are coming from a 'source' who he won't reveal. Neither works for me.

Totally agree with Max here. Plus with the Dollar being not far off the same value as the Pound there are even less opportunities. It's almost impossible to find bargains in the US.

yoda

Sith Lord
MrKutzzy said:
Let Jeff come on the podcast again and explain in detail ......... Needs doing cuz its getting silly .
Maybe have phone in guests on that have brought from him & Frank to debate it out ???

When I read this at the start I felt it was a good idea. We will soon be into a 5th page and its clear people aren't happy with Jeff's response.
I have know idea if Jeff is being honest or not with his replies. Or if he is deliberately not answering the questions. I don't know the guy. He also said he is busy so maybe he can't reply as quickly as people would like.
In his second post he did say he feels its his duty to answer as many questions as he can. He also said he doesn't know where to start.
If you guys had 1 hr of eveyones time at an agreed date and time. If Jeff is serious about answering these questions, let everyone lay your cards on the table.
Have a list of direct questions being asked by one guy who collects baggies no other wandering off the point. Then a period on ph in, where anyone wants to ask the guy direct about any issues that they are concerned about.
I feel this the best way if you guys want answers and Jeff is willing to give them.

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
So that leads me to think it's either a)a **** bollocks story or b)they are coming from a 'source' who he won't reveal. Neither works for me.

Or c.

He's churning them out in his lab (criminal mastermind).

Seeing as Jeff isn't taking this seriously then neither shall I for a moment.

Jeff caught red handed making them at the family business.

He's only using a bloody sausage making machine!

Attachments

• received_10154955904631983.jpeg
    received_10154955904631983.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 1,337

maxf

Jedi Master
He is employing the well known legal tactic. The Shaggy Defence.

They said Im selling fake baggies; it wasnt me
They say I make them in my bedroom; It wasnt me
They found my other ebay account; It wasnt me
They got it on emails; it wasnt me
They even got it on camera; it wasnt me

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Guys, I appreciate your input but please can we keep this thread purely for questions to Jeff himself. If you want to discuss theories etc please do it in the main thread. I know that one is very long but Jeff is already using the volume of questions in that thread as an excuse not to reply, let's not make this one so easy to avoid.

itfciain

Grand Master
maxf said:
Because it's bollocks. Back in the early 2000s you could buy on eBay US and sell in the U.K. at a profit - consistently. I did it. As soon as I got a real job I didn't have time to hunt for the misspelled auctions anymore so didn't. A couple of years later, people were wise to it and the opportunities dropped right off. I don't believe for a second there was a CONSISTENT opportunity for him to buy in bulk in the US from publically accessible sources. Why isn't Iain doing it if so?

I will be honest, that is the part of the story that is puzzling me. Trust me, when I got out here that is exactly what I wanted to do, buy from here and sell over there. I scoured a lot of sites and went to a large number of toy shows - at first it was pretty easy and was helped that the value of the dollar was almost half that of the pound - so I did pretty well. However, I can assure you that multiple lots of baggies - especially rare ones did not (and still do not) appear regularly on eBay. Although I don't know a lot about them I would still be able to spot the bargains if they were there - there are also a number of other people out here that do that - for example Jake A - so nothing flew under the radar in the sort of quantities that we are talking about here

So I would honestly like to see some evidence from Jeff as to where he sourced these baggies - a screen shot of an auction - eBay or otherwise and also some names of sources - because at the moment it really isn't looking good for Jeff and I am pretty sure if I were going under the bus then I would want to bring the people responsible for selling me these fakes with me

jedi_rebel

Padawan
Jeff if I am reading the post correctly your cos in the US, bought baggie figures from eBay and you can't find out who they were because he deleted the emails. Well you can, ask your cos to log on to PayPal and you will be able to look at who he sent payments to and what he bought.

Regarding emails you have sent you can view them in your sent email items.

:wink:

RobbieZombbie

Youngling
Forgive my ignorance but who is Steve at UKG? Is his specialty Baggies?
Also, what good will sending the bags to UKG do? I've seen the responses posted where afa or ukg refused some of the baggies sent in due to "paint touch up" or "TAPE reseal" but, how many suspect baggies actually made it through the grading process? How many of the SW A, B, D bags with the crap MIHK printing either been refused, or actually graded?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Jeff I have another direct question for you - here is evidence of you buying a light blue loose/graded Boba Fett figure, like the ones you are selling in baggies. This sale was in November last year, just a couple of months ago.

http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32568&start=30#p434282

I would like you to show us either that you still have this figure now by posting a photo of it next to a piece of paper with today's date, or if you have since sold it please post screenshots of the sale showing it was sold as a loose/graded figure and not in a baggie (you can blur out the buyers details.)

We are talking 6-8 weeks ago that you bought this, so there should be no excuse for not knowing what happened to it or having a record of the sale/trade.

If you don't know how to do any of the above just take photos on your phone and I'll give you my email address.

EDIT: Just to be transparent I have edited the above question as I originally thought you bought two loose Fetts, having re-read the quotes you actually only bought one of them and wanted to buy the other but could not.

lee gray

Sith Lord
As we are meant to be asking direct questions here, What else have you got to say Jeff, even Donald Trump whos busy playing president still has time to go on twitter to post, so why are your posts so few and far between ?

Also im pretty sure Jeff is smart enough to defo send some fakes into UKG with the rest of his baggies so it gives the impression he sent them all. I really dont see what use this will be. The only thing i am happy about is that Steve will make some nice cash as hes a great bloke.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Ok I have one direct question (sweeping any previous ones to the side)

Refunds - current market value or what someone paid 3 years ago when they got it?? as many may well be worth 10 times what they were then, so current market value is what it would take to find a replacement if you are lucky enough to find one the same (but genuine).

& one indirect question -

I bought a SW-a Lando via auction off your ebay account, I (stupidly) sold my genuine one to a friend (who is not willing to sell it back & I do not blame him) now that figure completes my ESB mock up stand line up, a run that's taken me many many years & thousands of pounds to put together, so even if I got back the sum I sold my genuine one for, I am still out of pocket & out of time by a long long way, my reasoning & why I am asking the score -

The SW-a baggies for the mock up stand were only made for very few ESB stands as a toy fair sample, there are likely to be less than 3 genuine examples of each of the 5 figures in SW-a baggie in existence in the world at this time, with maybe only 6 of each having ever being produced in the first place (Bossk obviously excluded hence 5 not 6) so in essence the money is beside the point as I have 100's of hours of my time invested as well as the loss of the one I "had" with next to ZERO likely hood of me ever putting the run together again.

To put things bluntly some things can not be put right by just offering a few quid back, some even not regardless of the sum in question.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I can see from the user stats that Jeff has spent plenty of time reading the forum over the last four days, baffled why he didn't use any of that time to answer some of the questions.

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
edd_jedi said:
I can see from the user stats that Jeff has spent plenty of time reading the forum over the last four days, baffled why he didn't use any of that time to answer some of the questions.

Because he's trying to think up more **** to say.. probably

spoons

Grand Master
Jeff's lack of response to any of the direct questions really doesn't do him any favours

I'm now finding it hard to see any explanation other than he's the source of all these fakes

Another Billy Boy

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
spoons said:
Jeff's lack of response to any of the direct questions really doesn't do him any favours

I'm now finding it hard to see any explanation other than he's the source of all these fakes

Another Billy Boy

I feel the same mate

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Sod it,I'll reply on Jeff's behalf -

deflect / deflect / deflect/deflect / I am an innocent man / deflect deflect / honest as the day is long / deflect / deflect / redirect /deflect / I don't need the money /I'm innocent honest guv / deflect /deflect /redirect /change the subject /I have a family /deflect / I am a really friendly chap / deflect /deflect / my time is limited / redirect /evaded /duck/dive /deflect & redirect / It's so unfair they were supposed to be my friends / deflect / misinform / deflect / I have loadsadosh / deflect / I am happy to answer any & all questions /deflect /deflect /redirect / thought they were all genuine / got them from a bloke at the pub / it's not my fault /deflect/ innocent I am I tell you / deflect / taking them all to UKG / will be proven authentic / I'll take all my baggies honest as I am honest,all 300 no 500 no 600 no 650 of them / deflect / 100's of happy customers / deflect / being sent wanted list all the time /deflect / frank is a tight **** so I sell them to everyone else,it's not due to him being able to spot fakes honest / deflect /deflect / deflect / deflect / deflect/deflect / I am an innocent man / deflect deflect / honest as the day is long / deflect / deflect / redirect /deflect / I don't need the money /I'm innocent honest guv / deflect /deflect /redirect /change the subject /I have a family /deflect / I am a really friendly chap / deflect /deflect / my time is limited / redirect /evaded /duck/dive /deflect & redirect / It's so unfair they were supposed to be my friends / deflect / misinform / deflect / I have loadsadosh / deflect / I am happy to answer any & all questions /deflect /deflect /redirect / thought they were all genuine / got them from a bloke at the pub / it's not my fault /deflect/ innocent I am I tell you / deflect / taking them all to UKG / will be proven authentic / I'll take all my baggies honest as I am honest,all 300 no 500 no 600 no 650 of them / deflect / 100's of happy customers / deflect / being sent wanted list all the time /deflect / frank is a tight **** so I sell them to everyone else,it's not due to him being able to spot fakes honest / deflect /deflect / deflect / deflect / deflect/deflect / I am an innocent man / deflect deflect / honest as the day is long / deflect / deflect / redirect /deflect / I don't need the money /I'm innocent honest guv / deflect /deflect /redirect /change the subject /I have a family /deflect / I am a really friendly chap / deflect /deflect / my time is limited / redirect /evaded /duck/dive /deflect & redirect / It's so unfair they were supposed to be my friends / deflect / misinform / deflect / I have loadsadosh / deflect / I am happy to answer any & all questions /deflect /deflect /redirect / thought they were all genuine / got them from a bloke at the pub / it's not my fault /deflect/ innocent I am I tell you / deflect / taking them all to UKG / will be proven authentic / I'll take all my baggies honest as I am honest,all 300 no 500 no 600 no 650 of them / deflect / 100's of happy customers / deflect / being sent wanted list all the time /deflect / frank is a tight **** so I sell them to everyone else,it's not due to him being able to spot fakes honest / deflect /deflect / deflect / deflect / deflect/deflect / I am an innocent man / deflect deflect / honest as the day is long / deflect / deflect / redirect /deflect / I don't need the money /I'm innocent honest guv / deflect /deflect /redirect /change the subject /I have a family /deflect / I am a really friendly chap / deflect /deflect / my time is limited / redirect /evaded /duck/dive /deflect & redirect / It's so unfair they were supposed to be my friends / deflect / misinform / deflect / I have loadsadosh / deflect / I am happy to answer any & all questions /deflect /deflect /redirect / thought they were all genuine / got them from a bloke at the pub / it's not my fault /deflect/ innocent I am I tell you / deflect / taking them all to UKG / will be proven authentic / I'll take all my baggies honest as I am honest,all 300 no 500 no 600 no 650 of them / deflect / 100's of happy customers / deflect / being sent wanted list all the time /deflect / frank is a tight **** so I sell them to everyone else,it's not due to him being able to spot fakes honest / deflect /deflect

BTW everyone gets a refund, just make sure you send them back by last week & I'll give you the full price you paid 3 years ago as thats fair right??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom