Repro Imperial Blaster

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
I've had this in my collection for about 18 years, and I'm 99.9% sure it's repro as it doesn't match any of the versions described on TIG (the handle in particular seems to be an odd shape). However, I can't see any repro like it on TIG other than the repro V9 which is green and is said to have been released in 2014.

IB1.jpg

IB2.jpg

IB3.jpg

Now I know TIG isn't going to be exhaustive on all the repro out there, but before it goes into my 'reference bag of repro weapons' can someone confirm it is repro? Also has anyone seen one like this before?

walkie

Sith Lord
I'd say it's a dark blue/black version of the V9 repro, forget the "2014" thing.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
peekaygee73 said:
Pomse2001 said:
Yes it does not look original, does it float ? :?
Yep, it's a floater. It comes back to the surface when pushed under the water too.

If it sinks we were 100% sure it was repro. But I must agree with the others something is wrong about that weapon.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
peekaygee73 said:
Pomse2001 said:
Yes it does not look original, does it float ? :?
Yep, it's a floater. It comes back to the surface when pushed under the water too.

If it sinks we were 100% sure it was repro. But I must agree with the others something is wrong about that weapon.
Yeah, I'm still convinced it's repro. Into the repro bag it goes.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
peekaygee73 said:
Pomse2001 said:
peekaygee73 said:

Sounds like a good idea :wink: I hope not you got tricked by a seller.

ODB

Jedi Master
It might be original if its not from the latest batch, I've never seen a repro with that detail on the end of the barrel before. Compare it to an original on the drop test and if its as flexible as an original. The repros are often very rigid unlike an original which is surprisingly bendy. It could just be a batch from a worn out mould.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
peekaygee73 said:
Pomse2001 said:

I've had it that long I can't remember! I bought it in the 90s though so it wouldn't have cost much.

ODB said:
It might be original if its not from the latest batch, I've never seen a repro with that detail on the end of the barrel before. Compare it to an original on the drop test and if its as flexible as an original. The repros are often very rigid unlike an original which is surprisingly bendy. It could just be a batch from a worn out mould.
Cheers mate. It is pretty rigid, but I haven't done any comparisons yet. I'll let you know what I find.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
peekaygee73 said:
Pomse2001 said:
peekaygee73 said:

I've had it that long I can't remember! I bought it in the 90s though so it wouldn't have cost much.

ODB said:
Cheers mate. It is pretty rigid, but I haven't done any comparisons yet. I'll let you know what I find.

If you bought it in the 90s then as ODB says then it might be from a worn mould and it is original :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
peekaygee73 said:
Pomse2001 said:

ODB said:

If you bought it in the 90s then as ODB says then it might be from a worn mould and it is original :wink:

I also do not remember they made repro imp. blasters in the 90s that floats :?

aussiejames

Sith Lord
sparkysx said:
I'd say it's original, looks like a Droids Fett blaster.

The 'Taiwan Fett' blaster is very well detailed. The blaster in question has the mould flaw only found with these reproductions- the raised bump/dot in the oval recess of the magazine.
file.php

sparkysx

Sith Lord
aussiejames said:
sparkysx said:
I'd say it's original, looks like a Droids Fett blaster.

The 'Taiwan Fett' blaster is very well detailed. The blaster in question has the mould flaw only found with these reproductions- the raised bump/dot in the oval recess of the magazine.
file.php

I missed that!

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
aussiejames said:
Thanks, that's good to know. Looks like it's just a black version of the repro v9 on TIG then. Makes sense because it does sound good on the drop test and it's very rigid.

Thanks for all the help guys :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
So is it the same blaster as we talked about in this old thread on this link ? just a more black variant ?

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13865&hilit=taiwan+boba+fett

I remember that was an expensive blaster :shock:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom