Other Vintage Collections

kingshearer

Jedi Master
spoons said:
love seeing these other toy lines, but most are a bit after my childhood - although I did have a he-man and used to collect ghostbusters.

I've been entering a monthly photo comp on an Action Man forum (more my childhood) and thought I'd share my entries here. Its a tough comp :shock:

]

Love those photo's the Footballer looks great doing his Gazza celebration in the dentist chair, shame you can't give the action man a Gazza grin since it would have won!

I've picked up much AM over the last years both loose and boxed. My favourite outfit was the Arctic explorer which I'm still trawling through ebay for a decent example but they're either too expensive, dirty or missing stuff.

spoons

Grand Master
Gazza! - never been so insulted

Its Charlie George after his 1971 cup final goal (though he should be in yellow) :wink:

george_zpsd7b34efa.jpg

ODB

Jedi Master
Spoons you're not the only one that does dioramas for competitions:

P1010825_zpsccedb324.jpg

I seemed to have amassed quite a bit of Action Force/GI Joe.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I just picked these up! They appeared on eBay and couldn't resist. Had them when I was a kid in 1990 when the World Cup was on, made by Kenner too! Probably the last decent Spurs side :D

sportstars.jpg

ODB

Jedi Master
chazb73 said:
I love the green lizard dude - kraken is it :? and the chap with the radar thing on his head - (I've got one carded) :D

It is indeed, one of Baron Ironbloods henchmen. The chap with a radar on his head is Muton, another robotic creation from Baron Ironblood. He is one of the most common carded ones though, so much so that he is worth for loose than on card. But he is an essential addition for any Palitoy enthusiast.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Ha! Yep, i had those too! Those exact ones as it goes (being a Spurs fan 8) :x :cry: ). Had Gary Linekar, Gazza and i believe Les Ferdinand.

conradrithblat

Padawan
I've just found this section & have enjoyed looking through some great collections.
I've recently finished collecting the second series of Star Trek TMP figures from 1980 by Mego;
Klingon, Arcturian, Megarite, Zaranite, Betelgusian & Rigellian

IMG_1097_zps04ccf8e6.jpg

Palifan

Sith Lord
Wow, fantastic set there! :D

I've picked up all the humans from this range and although the aliens are still cheaper than picking up a lot of the higher end star wars figures out there they're still a little out of my reach. They do look great all together though and are so much harder to come by than the human figures, I'll have to keep my eye out for some beaters.

Looks like you might have some interesting items in your collection so feel free to post more pictures as it's always nice to see other non Star Wars collections.

Ian

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Ah! i guess the 6 pack is what my brother in law had back when he was a kid because he found a bag in his loft the other day and amongst 15 loose star wars figures (mostly empire) were 5 of those from that 6 pack.

it's great fun going through someone elses all be it small childhood collection and thinking about how much thought was put into there choices way back then, he had

chewbacca
han solo
darth vader
obi wan
yoda
boba fett
luke bespin
lando
lobot
ig88
dengar
leia bespin
snowtrooper
r2d2
c3po
i wouldev been very happy with those :)

Palifan

Sith Lord
Nice Dune figures :D

I've often thought about picking some of these up along with the Big Trouble In Little China ones. Any thoughts about getting the boxed or carded vehicles for this series?

Ian

slim

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
Nice Dune figures :D

I've often thought about picking some of these up along with the Big Trouble In Little China ones. Any thoughts about getting the boxed or carded vehicles for this series?

Ian

cheers Ian :mrgreen: , the only other item i want is a boxed sandworm ....all my toys are in a display case and i have been saving room for it :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom