Other Vintage Collections

lejackal

Grand Master
The site for Metropolis now says undergoing maintenance check back later, will have to find out from the horses mouth whats going on.

lejackal

Grand Master
x-pack said:
lejackal said:
Dr_Ball_MD said:
I'm not really a Transformers collector but always wanted a full set of these :D

21112602830_4097abde39_b.jpg
Nice, if I remember correctly Soundwave actually played cassettes didn't he?

Love those. Transformers were mega when I was at school, possibly more-so than Star Wars. I don't think Soundwave actually played tapes but those mini cons (or whatever they were called) slot inside. The Decepticons had the coolest characters. No contest.

I think I was thinking of this;

[youtube]hMKc7WzXoJc[/youtube]

x-pack

Grand Master
lejackal said:
x-pack said:
lejackal said:
Nice, if I remember correctly Soundwave actually played cassettes didn't he?

Love those. Transformers were mega when I was at school, possibly more-so than Star Wars. I don't think Soundwave actually played tapes but those mini cons (or whatever they were called) slot inside. The Decepticons had the coolest characters. No contest.

I think I was thinking of this;

[youtube]hMKc7WzXoJc[/youtube]

Wow! :eek: Now that is cool!

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I've started down a slightly more sedate and (looking to be, so far at least), a cheap route to bring some additional 80's nostalgia into the home... MB games!

So far at around £2-£3 a pop I've picked up the following at Boot-fairs/charity shops:

- Battleship
- Stratego
- Connect 4
- Yahtzee
- Deflection

All so far, are complete and all in really good condition boxes.

They have a touch of the Palitoy styled cover art from the early SW line; with kids (or with MB families) playing the games and really remind me of playing them with my parents/grandparents. Its actually worth noting that as well as enjoying the hunt to collect and reminisce about the 80s, we're playing them as a family and actually compared to much more expensive new versions, they're actually more fun.

On the hit list:

- Dragster
- Downfall
- Knock 'em out
- Operation

I'll take some pics and pop them up soon.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Few new bits for me from my ever growing collection :D

Ian

Attachments

• Dredd3.jpg
    Dredd3.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Dredd2.jpg
    Dredd2.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Dredd1.jpg
    Dredd1.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 75

Palifan

Sith Lord
They really are my favourite thing at the moment and the law master bike is on it's way to! :D

They're made by Mezco but the Judge Death is made by 3A, which I'm waiting on there version of Dredd as well as his bike and Judge Fear to turn up later in the year. It's going to be a crammed cabinet with that lot in there but I just can't stop buying the damn things :lol:

I almost forgot I also just ordered the Judge Anderson epoch 12" figure to go with my Artfigure Dredd that are based on the latest movie, told you I can't stop :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ian

lejackal

Grand Master
I've always been a bit of a 2000AD fan but haven't actually read any for years. I did buy the copy that was published the day my son was born though, thought it would be more interesting when he's 18 than the traditional newspaper from the day.

Palifan

Sith Lord
I started reading 2000AD from Prog 1 onwards until around Prog 700 or something. I used to really enjoy it and have always been a big fan of the artwork. A few years ago I picked up the first 20 issues again and although it's quite a different experience reading them now it did bring back some good memories.

These new figures are really well made and I think it's the fact that there weren't really any on sale whilst growing up (other than the small metal, D&D style ones a bit later on), that attracts me to them now. I'll post some more pictures up as the collection grows.

Ian

walkie

Sith Lord
He's my small vintage LEGO collection i somehow accidently got into?!?!?...

ZDScJTD.jpg

6374 - Holiday Villa, just missing the cypress tree (damned expensive things and the black BBQ paddle)

X0ueJ0B.jpg

6362 - Post office, complete and even has the part used sticker sheet

MV8Ep1j.jpg

6371 - Petrol Station, missing the outer box and blue motorbike.

XCFlJmh.jpg

6392 - Airport, just missing 2 x 2x16 green thin strips. Again has the part used sticker sheet

If you have a cypress tree, blue motorbike or the 2x16 green strips please let me know?

Thanks

Top Bottom