MOC sent in a bubble envelope worth a negative feedback?

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Fleabag of course, figure 'protected' in bubble envelope, wrapped in a piece of bubblewrap with a piece of card over the bubble. No postage option to pay for better packaging ...

Difficult to know whether the card is now more damaged. Cost about £70.

Never happened before.

Worth a neg? Kinda annoyed tbh, I'd never send something like that out ...

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Possibly neutral? It would be nice to see something on the feedback as if you knew he was going to send it like that would you have brought it or would you have passed. It's always nice to get an idea of how well the stuff you are buying has and will be treated.

Is it possible that they thought it would be sufficient. Perhaps it was the angry man who was selling stuff on here and badly packaging it. :D

TwistedMetal

Sith Lord
Happened to me mate, the guy gave me a £30 refund which was cool since it was only a £55.00 moc, but otherwise deffo give him **** feedback

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Thanks guys, think I'll contact the seller first.

It's hard to tell if the card has been damaged. I'd expect the bubble to have got the worst of it but that was still pretty much perfect. Afew creases on the card that are hard to tell from the photo whether they are worse now.

I'll see how I get on :D

itfciain

Grand Master
Always worth contacting them first - if not just to stop them sending other out this way.

As collectors we know just how valuable the packaging is but to some people this isn't as obvious. It's not an excuse for crap packaging but at least explains why it happens

I would leave feedback in accordance with the response - if he/she is an arse then NEG definitely and if they try and help then either a neutral or no feedback is appropriate

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
itfciain said:
Always worth contacting them first - if not just to stop them sending other out this way.

As collectors we know just how valuable the packaging is but to some people this isn't as obvious. It's not an excuse for crap packaging but at least explains why it happens

I would leave feedback in accordance with the response - if he/she is an arse then NEG definitely and if they try and help then either a neutral or no feedback is appropriate

I agree with Iain. I would leave thefeedback depending on the sellers response :)

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I don't agree.

If they are sending a vintage toy worth £70 in its original packaging in an envelope, then they need some tough love and collecting Darwinism. Neg.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
I wouldn't neg without contacting the seller. Usually my mind is already made up but it can be fun listening to the defence. :D

Tough love or a slap on the wrist they need to know that MOC's don't mix with Padded Envelopes.

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
jedisearcher said:
Fleabag of course, figure 'protected' in bubble envelope, wrapped in a piece of bubblewrap with a piece of card over the bubble. No postage option to pay for better packaging ...

Difficult to know whether the card is now more damaged. Cost about £70.

Never happened before.

Worth a neg? Kinda annoyed tbh, I'd never send something like that out ...

I got the exact same through today - Im guessing we used the same seller lol

rob71

Sith Lord
Happened to me a few weeks back on here. Give the seller a chance and see what they say (as Iain says its obvious to us but not to everyone). In my case the seller was a complete whackjob who got banned after a few days but hopefully you'll have better luck.

lee gray

Sith Lord
I would contact first. It is funny how some people dont understand the value of the packaging more than the figure itself. Alot of people where I work wouldnt have a clue and would most prob buy a jiffy bag thinking item would fit not thinking about packaging damage

chazb73

Sith Lord
I agree with Lee above - It amazes me that folk send delicate MOCs this way - I've had a few in my time only one arrived damaged - I always mentioned it in the feedback

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Figures certainly can survive unscathed in jiffy bags, I once got an ESB Leia Hoth from America which somehow arrived mint! But regardless of whether it's been damaged, I would definitely let the seller know that it is not cool. A neg may not be necessary depending on his response. Only ask for a refund if it has been damaged.

x-pack

Grand Master
Negative feedback could really ruin someone's day especially if they had 100% previously. If it's been damaged then contact the seller as others have said. Probably a neutral feedback score for this.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I don't think there's anything wrong with making a mistake or being ill-informed, so if he responds with something like "sorry I didn't realise, thanks for the tip I'll do that in future" then a neg is not necessary.

However if he responds like that cock on here a while back who went mental, feel free to neg his ass :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom