Luke Stormtrooper Blaster - I See Blue Blasters...

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I read in an article about luke stormie blasters that luke stormie blasters are blacker than any other blasters
That's right.
Sometimes you see lay people claiming apparently black blasters but if you look closely, they're really very, very, very, very dark blue.

Priests socks will always be blacker though :)

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
I also have an original trilogo Luke stormtrooper moc with a blue/black (not solid black) blaster. Unless proven otherwise I think all trilogo Luke stormies (hence most loose European sourced examples) are blue/black and POTF Luke stormies (U.S. Based) are black.

I'm entirely comfortable with my loose example having a blue/black blaster as a result.

phreatobite

Jedi Master
I'm not sure, surely someone would have noticed before now if Trilogos were being regularly carded with blue-black blasters. There are lots of aberrations with Trilogos so I wouldn't say it's a legit pairing yet. We'd need to see a few more MOC examples of one or other blaster.

phreatobite

Jedi Master
Presumably there are solid black ones on trilogos. The question becomes: is it most, some or just a few examples that are blue-black on trilogo MOCs?

phreatobite

Jedi Master
I think that the solid black has another characteristic which differentiates it from other 1-c blasters: it seems to have a slight textured / matt finish to it.

I keep trying to find another one, I took a punt on one the other day so I'll wait and see what turns up. But I am getting closer to slicing open my Thall Joben ( :wink: )

Hi!

My name is Eugene. My Luke Skywalker Power of the Force in Storm Trooper Disguise Figure has a Black Gun not a Blue or a Bluish Black one?

Eugene

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
Id put money on POTF ones being all black and Trilogo ones being very dark blue.

Because a lot of the early identifiers for accessory accuracy came from the US, where the POTF figure was prevalent this became the de facto weapon of choice.

Trilogos weren't given any credibility until more recent years, so stands to reason that they weren't considered when it came to determining correct accessories. Im 100% confident that as a UK collector, the Luke Stormie I bought back in the day would have had a dark blue blaster.

Hi! I never knew that? I knew that weapons varied in colour etc but not to such an extent? I'm amazed with different colours and sculpts! I've been on the Han Solo Small Head Thread. It's interesting talking about all these Variations.

Eugene :shock:

phreatobite

Jedi Master
Finally, got one!

S1110001_zpschxzyz5l.jpg

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Nice one, not that I'm by any means an expert but my first thought was repro when I saw it. Hope I'm wrong and someone will confirm it, just don't want to see anyone on here done over with repro. As I said nice one anyway and sure I'm wrong. :)

Hi!

This gun looks like a Reproduction Weapon! I have a ton of original accessories from when I was a kid with my collection. I've seen and even bought repro for comparison. Some of them are actually quite good. But the light sabers are naff!

Eugene

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
Thank f#ck for that..so with all the previous repro etc that gun must have cost approx £100 :?

Seriously though congrats 8)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
That's great to know, to be honest with you every time I see a picture of a weapon these days it looks repro to me. :oops:

Congratulations by the way. :)

phreatobite

Jedi Master
I returned most of what I bought so in the end it just cost a lot of hassle. I kept one because the figure was really clean without a squished nose, yellowing or paint loss to his gun hand. I reckon all in the figure and correct gun have cost me £100... so not too bad in the current climate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom