Luke Stormtrooper Blaster - I See Blue Blasters...

Pomse2001

Grand Master
phreatobite said:
Ok, What I've laid out for comparison is a (1) translucent blue with rounded barrel end, (2) blue, (3) grey(?) and (4) solid black blaster.

The solid black one is gloss, it has a tiny circle next to the magazine, square mag with rounded corners.

S1020002_zps0wrc7eqv.jpg

S1020003_zpsyjqtn1ay.jpg

What do you guys think of the black one - not Luke Stormtrooper but perhaps Ledy?

Repro, you can see the correct one in the guide see the link http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24209 :wink:

phreatobite

Jedi Master
Thanks for the help, I am hoping to put this to bed soon as the Luke Stormie is now my only missing figure.

phreatobite

Jedi Master
Third attempt at buying a Luke and for the third time I have to open a case to return the figure because the blaster is wrong.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Sorry mate to read you found another wrong blaster, was it repro ?

Ask seller about good pictures of the blaster before you buy or bid :wink:

phreatobite

Jedi Master
The picture showed the correct gun - somehow the seller sent the wrong one :wink:

...trying to sort it out at the moment.

phreatobite

Jedi Master
I'm going with solid black being the correct one. Various trilogo figures got packaged with all sorts of weapons.

(It is becoming apparent that it is impossible that any loose Luke Stormie still has a solid black gun!)

poncho

Grand Master
Youd be better off buying from over the pond for a black plaster i came across a loose dsc on ebay.com and the seller paired it with a solid black blaster, he probably thought it was a regular blaster. It sold for about $8 and with postage to uk it came in less than £20 all in.

phreatobite

Jedi Master
I'm looking worldwide and I'll keep trying but it is so hard to identify the solid black blaster from ebay photos.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
phreatobite said:
The picture showed the correct gun - somehow the seller sent the wrong one :wink:

...trying to sort it out at the moment.

Sorry to read about that, I have tried that with weapons and figures many times on ebay :evil:

phreatobite

Jedi Master
I don't whether the seller is trying it on or if it's a genuine mistake but I've now been sent two blasters neither of which were black. ...Off we go again with the returns process. :x

itfciain

Grand Master
Sent these over to AJ last night - I have two Stormtrooper Luke's in at the moment on Trilogo (mine and a friends) - both are packed with Black/Blue Blasters and both the same variant. They didn't originate from the same location (as far as I know) - mine came from Scotland and the other came from a Canadian collection

SAM_1021_zps3eiya2rm.jpg
SAM_1022_zpsifxr8ube.jpg

SAM_1023_zpstpb6cj7c.jpg
SAM_1024_zpsfa5vaw3y.jpg

So looks like those who swear that theirs came with a blue/black one might well be telling the truth after all

phreatobite

Jedi Master
That's an eye opener! Thanks for the pics. It seems they do exist with blue/black blasters at least on Trilogo cards.

Iain: They're both 1-c moulds? That would make them consistent with the solid black / POTF version.

The question then is, could the IG guide be changed to reflect the fact that Luke Stormies were carded with blue/black blasters?

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I recently had the fortune to pic up a MOC POTF luke stormy. One I had been after for a while. I have tried to get a decent photo of the blaster. Maybe it will help, maybe not.

79EF9EE2-11ED-49E5-9C5F-E8DF6041B42B.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I have found a few luke stormies in danish childhood collections and I have never seen POTF moc sold in Denmark and I have never found any black blasters in a danish childhood collection. Maybe the tri-logo luke stormie was not sold with black blaster ?

I agree the POTF looks Black, thanks for the pictures.

You guys are also welcome to talk about it or add the pictures in the luke stormtrooper guide :wink:

phreatobite

Jedi Master
Be good if we could find some more trilogo MOCs to corroborate if blue-blacks were used on all - not sure if trilogos would have been exclusively blue-black.

I am pretty sure however that the POTF cards only came with solid black blasters... and that's what I'm looking for.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom