latest film/ dvd you have seen

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Last night I saw the The Monster Squad from 1987. Tom Noonan are the frankenstein monster and Jon Gries from Fright Night 2 playes the Werewolf, Leonardo Cimino from the 80s tv series V playes an old german jew living in a house on the street and all the kids are scared of him :ROFLMAO: Mary Ellen Trainor that I guess we all know as the psychologist from the lethal weapons movies play a mother to one of the kids in the movie and also the wife to a cop in the town. I think if you like the goonies then you would also love this movie ;)

02.jpg

I love the writing on the poster YOU KNOW WHO TO CALL WHEN YOU HAVE GHOSTS 😂 I am thinking ghostbusters 🤣

01.jpg

02.jpg

I really love the red t-shirt (y) 🤣

03.jpg

05.png

Monday I saw Guardians of the Galaxy 3, I must say the first and the second movie was fantastic. But I was really disappointed with the 3rd movie. It could have been much better than it was.

0.jpg

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Interesting, on Guardians. I loved the first one, but thought the second was a load of pseudo religious bull ****. The third is on my list, but feck knows if or when I will get to see it.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Yesterday I saw Candyman from 1992. It has been many years since I last saw it and I think it is still a really great movie. Virginia Madsen are fantastic in this horror movie (y)

02.jpg

01.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Sunday I saw The Gate from 1987, I bought it saturday. Awesome horror movie :cool: I read that there is a Sequel, now I also have to buy that one 😂

The Gate.jpg

01.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Yesterday I saw Evil Dead 2, finally I found it on dvd in a shop that sell used dvd movies. I did not remember anything from it, it must have been 20 years since I last saw it. Awesome movie just like the 1st and the last movie (y)

01.jpg

02.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I bought House of the dragon season 1 on bluray, so far I have seen the first 6 episodes and I think it is great, but I still feel something is missing if I compare it to game of thrones :unsure:. Have any of you seen it and what do you think ? :unsure:

01.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Finally I have seen the last episodes of House of the dragon season 1. I think it got a lot better at the end (y) Episode 9 and 10 are the best :cool:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Saw "Rally Road Racers" at the weekend. It's amazing, the plot is soooo good, there are twists you would never see coming, the violence is heavy but not too bad, the sex scenes are tastefully done, the acting is top notch, the CG is barely noticeable and the soundtrack is brilliant. I'd be amazed if it doesn't win every Oscar going.

Alternatively, it's a **** kids cartoon thing that is a predictable as the sun rising.

lejackal

Grand Master
Well I made it 45 minutes into Guardians 3 before turning it off. I'm hoping it's more my mood than it being terrible. Rewatch attempt at some point

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I saw C.H.U.D. from 1984 last night for the first time ever, I have heard so much good about that movie so finally I had to see it. A really great movie.

01.jpg

John Goodman has a small part in the movie as a cop

02.jpg

Daniel Stern and John Heard has the major parts in the movie and do a great job (y)

03.jpg

04.jpg

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I watched C.H.U.D for the first time about 6 months ago based purely off a quote in Clerks II and wasn't expecting much but was really surprised. It's actually pretty decent

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I watched C.H.U.D for the first time about 6 months ago based purely off a quote in Clerks II and wasn't expecting much but was really surprised. It's actually pretty decent
I tried to watch C.H.U.D. 2 yesterday, but damn it was bad and I could not see any connection to the first movie. I saw about 20 min. Damn it was bad.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Rewatched Alien: Covenant yesterday. Only my second viewing after seeing it in the cinema. Really didn't like it first time around, but enjoyed it way more on the second go. Very grim in places, but way better put together than I realised- story holds up, effects great, decent acting and script and the throwback score ( to both Alien and Prometheus) was excellent. Glad I made the effort.

lejackal

Grand Master
Rewatched Alien: Covenant yesterday. Only my second viewing after seeing it in the cinema. Really didn't like it first time around, but enjoyed it way more on the second go. Very grim in places, but way better put together than I realised- story holds up, effects great, decent acting and script and the throwback score ( to both Alien and Prometheus) was excellent. Glad I made the effort.
Funny isn't it how some films need that second, or even third watch

Latest posts

Top Bottom