latest film/ dvd you have seen

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, definitely. I was the same with Blade Runner- thought it was really meh on first viewing, second watch blew me away and has been one of my favourite films since.

Last edited:

Palifan

Sith Lord
I saw C.H.U.D. from 1984 last night for the first time ever, I have heard so much good about that movie so finally I had to see it. A really great movie.

View attachment 185764

John Goodman has a small part in the movie as a cop

View attachment 185765

Daniel Stern and John Heard has the major parts in the movie and do a great job (y)

View attachment 185766

View attachment 185767
You're on roll with all these classic Horror movies, it is the time of year after all :)

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Rewatched Alien: Covenant yesterday. Only my second viewing after seeing it in the cinema. Really didn't like it first time around, but enjoyed it way more on the second go. Very grim in places, but way better put together than I realised- story holds up, effects great, decent acting and script and the throwback score ( to both Alien and Prometheus) was excellent. Glad I made the effort.
I have also only seen it one time, maybe I should find some time to see it again (y)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I had a movie weekend where I saw some great movies friday, saturday and sunday :ROFLMAO:

First I saw, Invaders from Mars from 1986, it was the first time I saw it. I was very surprised and I think it was really great. Louise Fletcher was ****ing crazy in that movie (y)

01.jpg

I have also seen Alien Nation from 1988, I am not sure that I have seen it before. I just remember the aliens, so maybe I have seen the movie or the tv series when I was a kid :unsure: But I think it was really great and James Caan are great as a cop in that movie (y)

01.jpg

I have also seen The Curse, this was also the first time I saw this movie. I was surprised about how good it was. Wil Wheaton who I guess most of know from the movie Stand by me, has the major part in this horror movie.

01.jpg

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Lars, have you seen the original Invaders From Mars? Watched that as a kid- great film, but pretty creepy when the sand starts moving!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Lars, have you seen the original Invaders From Mars? Watched that as a kid- great film, but pretty creepy when the sand starts moving!
No i have not seen the original one before. Is it still good ? I fear it was to old so i thought the 80s movie could maybe be better 🧐

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Last night I saw Crash and Burn, great scifi movie. I think it is the 3rd time I saw it. first time in the 90s and again in the 00s and now for the 3rd time last night and it is still a great movie.

01.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I have seen the new Transformers movie Rise of the Beasts. It was okay, but out the 7 transformers movies I will give it the 7th place. The other 6 movies before that one was much better than this movie.

01.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
This weekend I saw a ****ing crazy horror movie, I had 3 people in my mind that could be the killer and at the end of the movie when I saw the killer I was very surprised, what a shocking movie, I have learned that there is also 2,3,4 and a 5th movie. But I fear they are not as good as the first one, it is Sleepaway Camp from 1983 (y)

011.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
The last couple of days I got 3 movies with good old Walter Matthau, I had never seen them before but I think they were really great.

The first one was a action movie, with a killer, who kill all the people in a bus, great movie.

01.jpg

the 2nd movie was a love/comedy movie where he was a doctor and he falled in love with a patient at the hospital where he works.

02.jpg

The last movie I saw was also a love/comedy where he was a dentist who had a young girl friend and his secretary was also in love with him. Very funny movie :ROFLMAO:

03.jpg

sith-smith

Grand Master
Yep, though a different character to Harry Potter - which takes a bit of getting used to.

Personally I love it. I find it incredibly creepy, with no reliance on gore or jump scares.

Latest posts

Top Bottom