latest film/ dvd you have seen

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Unfortunately, I think it will do enough business for two more movies. Hopefully not enough for a fifth one though... Think they've pretty much shot all of no.3 and some of 4 already.

lejackal

Grand Master
Late to the party on this one, but saw Top Gun Maverick last night, and it was the best film I've seen for ages. It is a little cheesy in places (the romance scenes especially) but what I enjoyed about it is that they have successfully made a 1980s movie in 2022! There was nothing 'woke' about it, no shoe-horned politics or inclusiveness, just a thrilling action movie. It was really refreshing to see.
Ditto- I'd go so far to say the best new film I've seen for years. The sequel I never knew I wanted or needed but it was fantastic

Pomse2001

Grand Master
This week I have seen a few good old classic movies

First I have seen

The Last Starfighter, a really great scifi movie from the good old 80s (y)

01.jpg

Private School, another classic 80s movie with a lot of sexy women :cool:

02.jpg

The sisterhood another scifi movie from the 80s, not a movie I had seen before. A B movie with some kind of mad max look alike but also with women that has magic powers and kill male warlords 😂 they do not make movies like that today 😂 Just look at the cover in 2021, all women are slaves all men are their masters until... 😂

03.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
love the last starfighter, just a great movie, haven;t seen the others, i've been watching the lord of the rings on 4k, looks and sounds great, also rise of skywalker, another decent movie

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Recently saw D&D and GOTG3 at the cinema. Loved them both- very entertaining, genuinely funny and Guardians was pretty moving. A real return to form for Marvel!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Guardians 3 is on my list to go and see, feck knows if we'll get time before it leaves the cinema though. The second one was a bit meh, the quasi-religious/god/super being BS never works for me. Heard this one is good though.

Looking forward to Dune 2. Need to find Dune one again, it was properly good.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
In the weekend I saw Seven Minutes in Heaven, I had never seen that movie before. I really great movie from 1986 about some teen kids with their love problems. What a beauty Jennifer Connelly was in that movie (y)

02.jpg

Last night I saw Moon 44, it must have been 20 years since I last saw that movie, it is still a really great scifi movie from 1990 :cool:

01.jpg

lejackal

Grand Master
I watched Edgar Wrights "Last Night in Soho" the other day, fairly stylish and original horror thriller. 7/10

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Last night I saw They Live for the first time in many years. It is still a great movie. But I miss to see what happens after the end of the movie, I think it end to fast :unsure: Great scifi movie from the good old 80s about aliens (y)

01.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I saw Starman last night, a movie that I have not seen in many years. It is still an awesome movie from the good old 80s :cool:

01.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Last night I saw the The Humanoid, 100% a B movie but I would for sure say it is okay to watch and it looks like they got many ideas for this movie from star wars. Darth Vader 2.0 or is just 0.5 is also in the movie with his vader costume soldiers 😂 Richard Kiel and Barbare Bach is great in the movie (y)

01.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg

03.jpg

05.png

06.jpg

08.png

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Last night I saw the The Humanoid, 100% a B movie but I would for sure say it is okay to watch and it looks like they got many ideas for this movie from star wars. Darth Vader 2.0 or is just 0.5 is also in the movie with his vader costume soldiers 😂 Richard Kiel and Barbare Bach is great in the movie (y)

View attachment 182255

View attachment 182256

View attachment 182257

View attachment 182258

View attachment 182259

View attachment 182260

View attachment 182261
Lars you absolute legend :D:D:D
I've been trying to find this film for years.
I remember seeing it in the cinema as a boy.
I tried Googling 70s films. I remember the scene where he attacks the city and gets repeatedly shot with lasers - I tried Googling that description but couldn't get a match.

Now I'm sitting with our dog(she's fast asleep :))IMG_6617.jpeg with a bowl of cereal on a Saturday morning watching it, it's like I'm 7 again (y)(y)(y)
Cheers mate

IMG_6616.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom