Latest Acquisitions

Palifan

Sith Lord
Sparky P said:
Palifan said:
Sparky P said:
Happy New Year everybody. Pleased to report that I managed to obtain this power droid off Tim, having been given the lead by Max. Cheers guys :D

Wow! That looks like a beauty you have there, is it part of a PD focus or are you closing in on completing a run?

Ian

Hi Ian. No, it's not part of a focus. It closes off my palitoy 20 back run that I've been after for the last few years. Chuffed to bits to finally get one, and yes, I'm very happy with the condition.

That's great news to hear that you've finished the run, well done sir!

Ian

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Palifan said:
Sparky P said:
Palifan said:
Wow! That looks like a beauty you have there, is it part of a PD focus or are you closing in on completing a run?

Ian

Hi Ian. No, it's not part of a focus. It closes off my palitoy 20 back run that I've been after for the last few years. Chuffed to bits to finally get one, and yes, I'm very happy with the condition.

That's great news to hear that you've finished the run, well done sir!

Ian

Thanks Ian

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Been a while since I've been on here, great to be back posting! Hopefully I don't get to much abuse as it's technically not a vintage latest acquisition! A few of you might remember, I'd put a full loose beater run together for the little one a while back. This thread covers it :D
https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28288

So long story short, fast forward to an 8yr old a little bit more interested in iphones and PlayStation, I decided to properly display her collection.

So today's latest pick up was this Detolf cabinet for 20 quid at a local market. Bargain 8)

I think her collection of 'beaters' looks rather well, managed to sneak in the one remaining MOC I have from previous collections :lol:

20200105_200016.jpg

20200105_195929.jpg

20200105_200247.jpg

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Dublinjeff said:
Been a while since I've been on here, great to be back posting! Hopefully I don't get to much abuse as it's technically not a vintage latest acquisition! A few of you might remember, I'd put a full loose beater run together for the little one a while back. This thread covers it :D

So long story short, fast forward to an 8yr old a little bit more interested in iphones and PlayStation, I decided to properly display her collection.

So today's latest pick up was this Detolf cabinet for 20 quid at a local market. Bargain 8)

I think her collection of 'beaters' looks rather well, managed to sneak in the one remaining MOC I have from previous collections :lol:

20200105_200016.jpg
20200105_195929.jpg
20200105_200247.jpg

I love this, Jeff! It reminds of collecting in the 90s, when no one was fussed about graded 90% "gold" and rare COOs. :D

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Dublinjeff said:

20200105_200016.jpg
20200105_195929.jpg
20200105_200247.jpg

You cant beat a good honest played with figure or ship, lovely display and that cabinet was a bargain :D

coomber75

Sith Lord
have to agree really does remind me of the tots i had as a kid, discoloured stikers missing.. a lovely sight

spoons

Grand Master
kieatky said:
Haven't posted on hear for quite a while, great to see all the awesome pieces people are getting :D

Finally managed to get myself a ROTJ 'Toy+Hobby' poster. Only ever seen one before (on this thread of all places :lol: ). Ordered myself a nice frame to mount it. Toy + Hobby was the go to place when I was a kid in the 80's. Pretty sure the stores where only in the North West of England, spent many a Saturday in the shop drooling over all the toys I couldn't afford :cry:

IMG_60971503.jpg

Saw this on FB but didn't realise it was you. Good to see you back posting and it was me that had that other one :) I know a man from the NW who will be very jealous

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
spoons said:
lejackal said:
Alisdairmac said:
This one makes a "special" finish to the years collecting

You win the internet today :mrgreen:

You really do - great score!

I'm not sure I've ever seen one of these for general sale
Thanks. The main problem is that now I will have to try to get the rest of the special offer mini rigs.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
First trade on here in a very long time. Big thanks to Michael Sith for these two weapons :D
Dengar and Chewie now complete....in fairness not all the little ones collection were total beaters 8)
20200109_141033.jpg

20200109_135747.jpg

kieatky

Jedi Master
spoons said:
kieatky said:
Haven't posted on hear for quite a while, great to see all the awesome pieces people are getting :D

Finally managed to get myself a ROTJ 'Toy+Hobby' poster. Only ever seen one before (on this thread of all places :lol: ). Ordered myself a nice frame to mount it. Toy + Hobby was the go to place when I was a kid in the 80's. Pretty sure the stores where only in the North West of England, spent many a Saturday in the shop drooling over all the toys I couldn't afford :cry:

IMG_60971503.jpg

Saw this on FB but didn't realise it was you. Good to see you back posting and it was me that had that other one :) I know a man from the NW who will be very jealous

Thanks for the kind words, still can't believe I managed to find this, I was mega jealous when I saw yours :lol: Never see these for sale and it was pure luck I came across this one :D

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Dublinjeff said:
First trade on here in a very long time. Big thanks to Michael Sith for these two weapons :D
Dengar and Chewie now complete....in fairness not all the little ones collection were total beaters 8)
20200109_141033.jpg
20200109_135747.jpg

Great to see Chewie and Dengar complete Jeff

The loose collection looks brilliant, truly vintage ( not beaters) for me it's not about having everything pristine and perfect, it's about having a collection of vintage that makes you smile when you look at it, and most pieces have a back story ( where they came from, how you come by them in the wild etc) all adds up to what makes us all collect.
Great stuff mate 8)

spoons

Grand Master
That's a great condition DV TIE quins, tough to find like that.

I had a nice surprise today, got a missed post card so popped to the Post Office to pick up a Vectis buy from November I'd forgotten all about

It's a German catalogue and competition and as an added bonus it came with a compliment slip from the filming of ESB. I hadn't realised that was included as I only saw the catalogue. Result! Would have paid the same just for the slip - a (small) bit of movie history

1F7BC815-103B-4E78-9BB7-EED25AEE5B54.jpeg
9715C05E-D313-4743-A029-6075658ECDA1.jpeg

quins

Padawan
Supporter
Thanks Spoons .
Bubble is great.Its a good photo as it seems to be hiding a bit of hanger tab damage and veining but really pleased with it.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
spoons said:
That's a great condition DV TIE quins, tough to find like that.

I had a nice surprise today, got a missed post card so popped to the Post Office to pick up a Vectis buy from November I'd forgotten all about

It's a German catalogue and competition and as an added bonus it came with a compliment slip from the filming of ESB. I hadn't realised that was included as I only saw the catalogue. Result! Would have paid the same just for the slip - a (small) bit of movie history

1F7BC815-103B-4E78-9BB7-EED25AEE5B54.jpeg9715C05E-D313-4743-A029-6075658ECDA1.jpeg
Very cool pick up..... 8)

coomber75

Sith Lord
quins said:
Great additions on here. Love this thread.
My latest 2 that arrived in the week.

E25C5E86-0A56-430C-9E2D-35642F1431F6.jpeg29E64581-6CAE-46EC-9136-04A2BB5B8611.jpeg

awesome tie bubble

Latest posts

Top Bottom