Latest Acquisitions

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
My newest acquisition is a complete with box Dagobah Playset. I got this one off Ebay and much to my surprise, included 2 sealed parts baggies (one of which is the crates and cylinder). It also has the insert and for some reason 2 instruction manuals. The only negative is the foam is mostly disintegrated. I was planning on setting it up, but no way I'm gonna open up those sealed baggies. :) Very excited about this one.

Dabobah1.JPG

Dabobah2.JPG

Dabobah3.JPG

scarfaceone

Padawan
Alltooeasy said:
scarfaceone said:
Alltooeasy said:
Damn there's my dream right there!!! Still need 7 of the 12 :(

Thank you mate!!! Thats was also my dream for a Long time before I started to collect Star Wars. Having them graded loose now, I am thinking to buy them all carded lol :lol: But I can still resist to the Dark Moc Force :lol:

I cant help but notice the c3po looks like the removable limbs one! The sold limbs one was part of the original 12. Removable limbs c3po came with the empire strikes back line

Yes it is the removable Limbs C3po, but he is U85 and was cheapy cheap, therefore he will be ok for me till I get the other one :D

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
scarfaceone said:
Yes it is the removable Limbs C3po, but he is U85 and was cheapy cheap, therefore he will be ok for me till I get the other one :D

You aren't collecting u grades are you? You do realise how destructive to our hobby that practice is.

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Mr-shifter said:
scarfaceone said:

You aren't collecting u grades are you? You do realise how destructive to our hobby that practice is.

Looks like the black sack for the limbs are still in wrapping but c3po himself is not..

scarfaceone

Padawan
Mr-shifter said:
scarfaceone said:

No, as I said it was cheap so I bought this :D

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
scarfaceone said:
Mr-shifter said:
scarfaceone said:

"I didn't do it so it's ok"

how would that apply to the ivory trade? Or stolen goods?

It's not good to buy or sell, no matter how cheap it is.

Matthieu

Padawan
Mr-shifter said:
scarfaceone said:
Mr-shifter said:

"I didn't do it so it's ok"

how would that apply to the ivory trade? Or stolen goods?

It's not good to buy or sell, no matter how cheap it is.

Mr-shifter I see where you come from, as I am anti U-grade myself like many of the other collectors who are active on the forums or the serious FB groups. However I find it a bit extreme to compare the buying of a U-graded figure (I understand scarfaceone is not the one who had the figure U-graded) with illegal activities like the ivory or stolen goods trade.
U-grading figures is not illegal, let alone buying or selling U-graded figures.
I think we should try and educate our fellow collectors with the appropriate arguments instead of judging them and making wrong comparisons.
-Matth

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Matthieu said:
Mr-shifter I see where you come from, as I am anti U-grade myself like many of the other collectors who are active on the forums or the serious FB groups. However I find it a bit extreme to compare the buying of a U-graded figure (I understand scarfaceone is not the one who had the figure U-graded) with illegal activities like the ivory or stolen goods trade.
U-grading figures is not illegal, let alone buying or selling U-graded figures.
I think we should try and educate our fellow collectors with the appropriate arguments instead of judging them and making wrong comparisons.
-Matth

It was the only comparison I could think of on the train home.

But the sentiment is effectively the same. Ok, perhaps the ivory trade is not a good example, but the stolen goods analogy is perfect. imagine buying knock off razor blades from the pub. I use this example because there used to be a guy who came into my local and sold 12 packs of Gillette fusion razor blades for a fiver each. He was stealing boxes to support his drug habit, but it didn't matter to most people, as they were getting their razor blades cheap. As it was a relatively small value item, it somehow made it more ok.

I do agree education is the way forward. I just hate hearing the whole "I didn't do it so it doesn't matter". Almost as bad as "it's mine, I will do what I want". I don't want to break out my dog skin shoes analogy ;).

poncho

Grand Master
had a good look awesome pieces usual

Ross - nice misscard and tri dsd a tough one to get
adampbooth - 99p bargain for some soap - im amazed the box hasnt fell apart
jezz - a LXW MT wowsers :eek: there are 3 variants of MT LXW you know! there really heavy arnt they?
bruce - amazing piece. you had me going there ha ha
andy spoons - great find :)
chipsteak - what a reseal! looks amazing 8)
Matthieu - bousch is a real conversation piece. love the yan solo miscard too - nice
gary - lfb/rs mis card! awesome
Shaky_BobaFett - nice grey xwing
palitoyjunky - the yoda box looks fantastic - nice
iain - i had that pali han clipper in my watch list though it was gonna go under the rader, glad you got won it buddy
edd - great baggie haul. i love the lfb baggie and atst driver moc
rob - what a haul of mocs, r2 you got of rich is my fav :)
Grant - a piece of history right there. looks fragile how you gonna preserve it? display it?
LOM - toptoys!lovely :) show us the feet! (top toy figures have no foot holes if someone is wandering ha ha)
Darth Bobby - lovely snag congrats
Vinyl Jawa - love the postage box! joking aside the bespin luke is awesome is it a 90s bootleg?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Nice Jedi Luke Bespin, remember ripping one of them open as a kid. Now I want a MOC one as well.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Wow that's a nice Luke Bespin, every time I see one of the damn things I want to do a focus again :)

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
NEC toy fair today - not a huge amount for me but the one thing I did find was this Palitoy dark trousers Han Hoth with 'short pour' leg. Along with the club foot the loop on his holster is missing too.

DSCN2947.jpg

ace

Jedi Knight
Good seeing you there mate

I picked up a few nice things today, upgrading mostly but some nice things including this Speeder which has no copyright on it so i think this might be a prototype ? or first shot ? thoughts anyway ?

14238293_10157530127920294_6376364755845658228_n.jpg

14199555_10157530128145294_2245846989254429388_n.jpg

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
And you Jason, always learn something new when we speak, and you looked like a one man band carrying that Muppets drum kit! :D

I have a feeling that is a first shot...will send you a PM as I know someone else who has something similar ;)

Top Bottom