Latest Acquisitions

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Here's my Celebration Europe pick ups from yesterday! My first ever Blue Snaggletooth, have never owned one before in 20+ years of collecting. Very pleased to finally add one to my loose collection, and he also came from the famous "room sales" so a bit of personal history attached to him now too :)

Plus two of the four coins they gave out yesterday, hopefully get a few more on Sunday.

snag.jpg

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Congrats on that Blue Snag Edd, looks great 8)
Been chatting with my lad he's down at CE and loving it

Hope you guys are having a ball :D

decipher28

Padawan
some great pickups.

Love the transformation of the WBSG must be great to see a quality piece emerging from a crusty old carcass so to speak.

my recent pickups nothing spectacular

pickups_zpsxdqnvakp.jpg

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
Here's my Celebration Europe pick ups from yesterday! My first ever Blue Snaggletooth, have never owned one before in 20+ years of collecting. Very pleased to finally add one to my loose collection, and he also came from the famous "room sales" so a bit of personal history attached to him now too :)

Plus two of the four coins they gave out yesterday, hopefully get a few more on Sunday.

snag.jpg

Got to have the snag ! Or the collection wil not be complete Edd !

MarkG

Jedi Master
Sweet pickups guys..

Here's my latest courtesy of CE3.

20160717_205821_zpslvithute.jpg

Bubble has separated from the card in the lower 3rd but still displays very nicely. It's my 2nd 12back but 1st Palitoy logo'd card..

JimboUK1979

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Here's what I picked up from CE3:

DEE95433-87F8-46F8-A00C-9E0536929548_zpsp3lsbaii.jpg

This is a vintage Palitoy Dengar Baggie sealed in a QVC Jiffy since 1997. The story behind this is the shopping channel QVC had bought 500 vintage Palitoy Dengar baggies from a toy wholesaler (who had bought a lot of vintage SW on clearance), they then ran a sale on their TV shopping channel.

I was being a bit slow on the uptake as Dave Tree explained this back story so he drew me a picture lol!!

FD9D7FE0-2BC1-4CCF-AFB6-A6424F9D4BE0_zpszpvlg4bl.jpg

Hungarian bootleg Luke FB - very kindly acquired for my focus by Walkie:

6C622E69-D48B-414C-ADBA-8F085EEE1507_zpsnmn9bzpe.jpg

Clipper Vader Mailer from the room sales:

70F73758-5709-44A9-B0D9-45EE2E562F97_zpsvovo620d.jpg

A 'revenge' flyer to go with my 'return' one:

17E898EC-74FF-4F37-98FB-A551E32B77ED_zpsv3hhkopu.jpg

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
jimbo, that Dengar baggie in the envelope present a quandary. On the one hand you have a sealed item which has some history to the piece, but on the other hand it doesn't display great in the envelope and it was sealed in it fairly recently (1997). Curious what are you planning to do with it?

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great CE3 pick ups all round! Amazing Leia, regardless of separation, Mark.

Jim, I've never heard thats QVC story, fascinating. I'm also interested in hearing what you'll do with it. I think I know what I'd do. Love the Hungarian bootleg, too!

Edd, you dark horse! Didnt realise you picked up a Blue Snag! And what a beauty, too.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I managed to pick up a few bits and pieces on my wanderings around Celebration. I was actually surprised at the amount of vintage available and although an awful lot of it was priced to offset the premium the stall holders had to recoup for the cost of their stalls, IMO there were still some very good priced things out there.

D14D3DBF-F60E-487F-AA8C-80FD5B5D5171_zpsm3u8qitd.jpg

So starting on the left..

Photo box Sand Skimmer; I've always avoided the POTF mini-rigs before due to the carded ones always being very yellow bubble and I like to at least handle the mini-rig contents.

Micro tins in a display unit; chap was selling the tins from the unit and it was looking quite sparse... I offered him the value of his remaining tins and he threw in the box, a bargain at £40 in my mind. Lot of packing under that top layer of tins, but I think I'll enjoy the challenge of filling this one as I have the scented erasers from HCF :D

After the Lyons Maid SW wrappers, it seemed daft not to try and put together the ESB run, first up - Lando!

Few flyers and (another) Han cardback, a China raise bar LXW

Finally, inspired by Craig Spivey's Nuneaton exhibition, a Trebor chew wrapper.. such cool graphics, possibly my favourite pickup!

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
Looked like I'd only be spending my money on copious amounts of booze and terrible food at CE3, until Grant came up to me and told me to see Stéphane.

So thank you both for the opportunity to get this lovely chap. It is also the same example from Stéphane's book.

_20160719_130943_1.jpg

Joe

Grand Master
Absolutely amazing purchases guys, never heard of that QVC Dengar baggie Jimbo! Love Dave's diagram :lol: Well done on the Tusken Nick, you deserved it after keeping everyone pissed for 4 days in a row!

I've (hopefully) thanked everyone involved in getting the following bits to me individually on Facebook but if I missed anyone - THANK YOU! Really happy with everything I came back from CE with and actually quite shocked I managed it (although I almost forgot the modern POTF proofs on one of my trains!)

First up my Trilogo variant grail, Spanish GMJ:

IMG_20160718_193018.jpg

Next is a super mint Palitoy Trilogo 8D8 with Italian General Mills sticker on the back:

IMG_20160718_192754.jpg
IMG_20160718_192854.jpg

Got another QC sticker 8D8 cardback so I now have two, one on the front and one on the back!

IMG_20160719_111939.jpg

Picked up some cool slides too, this group of three make up the ROTJ logo and are possibly from one of the Kenner toy commercials:

IMG_20160719_115904.jpg

Finally, a few modern proof cards (sorry for cheating):

IMG_20160719_112823.jpg

JimboUK1979

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
jimbo, that Dengar baggie in the envelope present a quandary. On the one hand you have a sealed item which has some history to the piece, but on the other hand it doesn't display great in the envelope and it was sealed in it fairly recently (1997). Curious what are you planning to do with it?

I've very carefully removed it mate so I haven't torn the jiffy. Had it been sealed in the 'golden age' and not in 'the dark times' I'd have left it sealed

B2E2B55A-A3C6-458D-AF0E-A85031F8D6F7_zpscqax02ti.jpg

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Nice one Jimbo - the last thing you need for that piece now is to somehow track down the video clip of them selling it on the shopping channel!

Latest posts

Top Bottom