Latest Acquisitions

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Love the Palitoy letter, take it to Vectis next month, some idiot will pay 10 grand for it :lol:

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Collected this little bad boy locally...Happy for a fiver! One of my personal favourite figures....Complete H.K COO, Gamorrean Guard..
IMG_20150214_152914.jpg

IMG_20150214_152927.jpg

IMG_20150214_152947.jpg

New reference guide started. Plenty of updates soon

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24130#p327295

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Kind of a latest acquisition.... Some nice acrylic cases courtesy of Christian.

Finally showing these figures some love after years of sitting in a carrier bag in the loft!

I opened the R2, Han carbonite and Luke stormy when I bought these as a nipper some 30 years ago but the rest are all still sealed.

C65109C2-5F31-435A-80C6-0E156298A806_zpsoohz6se6.jpg

x-pack

Grand Master
Lom said:

Finally showing these figures some love after years of sitting in a carrier bag in the loft!

I opened the R2, Han carbonite and Luke stormy when I bought these as a nipper some 30 years ago but the rest are all still sealed.

Wow cool! :eek:

Sorry if i'm late to the party but what's the story with these? Sounds like you bought them back in the day and put them away in the loft. I'm always intrigued by people who bought Star Wars in the mid 80's and then put it into storage. Were you thinking of value at the time or did you just forget about them or something ...or have I read it wrong :)

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
x-pack said:
Lom said:

Wow cool! :eek:

Sorry if i'm late to the party but what's the story with these? Sounds like you bought them back in the day and put them away in the loft. I'm always intrigued by people who bought Star Wars in the mid 80's and then put it into storage. Were you thinking of value at the time or did you just forget about them or something ...or have I read it wrong :)

I still remember buying these - I was probably 12 years old at Tescos with my Mum. My interest in Star Wars was starting to wane but I guess I had just enough left in me that I felt compelled to root through this huge shelf with all of these figures just dumped upon it until I had found one of each that was there. I also remember that I had around £5 burning a hole in my pocket but that I needed the princely sum of £6.86 to buy these 14 figures so Mum subbed me the balance. And now I've just spent around £150 to stick them acrylic boxes! So, to answer your question; no, there wasn't any consideration of value, I guess my 12 year old self just had a touch of nostalgia when I saw these and now my 42 year old self has had another one when I discovered them again!

Thanks All for the nice comments.

Palifan

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
Picked up some bits recently.
Here's a rare survivor, love the MTFBWY sign off!

I could have put money on the fact that it was you that picked up that Palitoy letter. :lol:

That's a great edition to your collection and can't wait to see all your Palitoy goodness put together in the collections thread at some point. Keep up the good work :D

Ian

itfciain

Grand Master
That could easily have been one of the best uses of £6.86 ever - I wish my 12 year onld self had been that smart rather thank buying fake moustaches and fart sweets from the joke shop

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
I could have put money on the fact that it was you that picked up that Palitoy letter. :lol:

That's a great edition to your collection and can't wait to see all your Palitoy goodness put together in the collections thread at some point. Keep up the good work :D

Ian

Cheers Ian :)
I'm getting there mate!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Always love seeing a childhood collection, but rarely see one that rivals a recent collection! 8)

PGowdy

Grand Master
Lom said:
I still remember buying these - I was probably 12 years old at Tescos with my Mum. My interest in Star Wars was starting to wane but I guess I had just enough left in me that I felt compelled to root through this huge shelf with all of these figures just dumped upon it until I had found one of each that was there. I also remember that I had around £5 burning a hole in my pocket but that I needed the princely sum of £6.86 to buy these 14 figures so Mum subbed me the balance. And now I've just spent around £150 to stick them acrylic boxes! So, to answer your question; no, there wasn't any consideration of value, I guess my 12 year old self just had a touch of nostalgia when I saw these and now my 42 year old self has had another one when I discovered them again!

Thanks All for the nice comments.

What a cool story. 8) Can't imagine what would have stopped a 12 year old me from opening all those given i'd have had no inkling that there was any point to keeping them sealed. And then to have kept them all these years. The odds are zero to minus-100. :lol:

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Every now and then, I'm reminded of the sheer joy of loose collecting! Having decided to put together a little minty loose run of 12 Back figures, I asked a few local collectors I had dealt with before had they any spare. Picked this fella up locally, arrived this morning. Absolutely beautiful, Mint condition, complete, 3 Line, Hong Kong Stormtrooper. The simple, iconic design just epitomises everything about Vintage Star Wars figures for me.
Genuinely, its the cleanest figure I've ever seen in hand. :D :D
IMG_20150217_090809.jpg

IMG_20150217_090825.jpg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
For obvious reasons I've been wary of posting limelights in recent years, but it would be a shame to never share my collection so here's a run I've been working on for the last few months. I'm collecting some of my favourite tri-logos, and trying to improve on the quality of my original set. Hope you enjoy :)

trilogos-2015.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom