Latest Acquisitions

Johan_S

Padawan
Joe said:
søren said:
Joe said:
I didn't want to upset him but now you let the cat out of the bag I will pile on - Sorry Soren, faker than a fake thing!

IF those were real however they would all be very nice additions (especially that ESB Leia ;) )

Can ask why they should be fakes ? They come from a very trusted source .

:)

Late april fools :)

Danes have no humor! ;)

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi guys,

Im totally in love with my new piece.

This is a 1977 Star Wars Vintage 2 sided Display for the release of the LP.

On the 1 side is R2-D2 (Stunning) and on the other is Death Star and X-Wings. Im so happy- Enjoy :mrgreen:

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

itfciain

Grand Master
£30 seems like quite a bargain - I know a lot of the ex-display stuff sells well.

Bet that was a bit of an arse to put in the post and I bet you're glad it arrived intact

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
itfciain said:
£30 seems like quite a bargain - I know a lot of the ex-display stuff sells well.

Bet that was a bit of an arse to put in the post and I bet you're glad it arrived intact

Totally mate- i love it. I felt the seller didnt tag in well and didnt exspect to win it. I was the only bid. :shock:

I have another 10 vintage displays on route and im preying it all works out. (Inspired by Brams- 'i have a collecting problem thread) :lol:

I've been after some of these pieces for years. Spare room is gonna look great. :) :wink:

e30318is

Sith Lord
The display looks awesome!
I am speechless you got that for £30..... I would have thought it would have sold for 5 or 6 times that.

You did gooooood buddy :wink:

shawn_k

Sith Lord
Love that LP display with R2! It's pretty cool how they incorporated the dome/deathstar on each side.

These just came in and finally finish my production Droids coin set. Boba Fett and the POTF version of the Droids 3PO coin.

droidsfett.jpg

altdroids3po.jpg

e30318is

Sith Lord
Lovely coins Shawn!
I love the Fett, now is that version of C3PO much tougher to find that the regular one?

shawn_k

Sith Lord
e30318is said:
Lovely coins Shawn!
I love the Fett, now is that version of C3PO much tougher to find that the regular one?

Thanks Ed. Yes, this version does seem to not show up quite as much. My guess is this one was used for the earlier runs and then it was switched to the animated version. One interesting fact on it is the animated signed sample is marked to use both versions, so they even could have been done concurrently.

Maulster79 said:
How many more coins to go mate? Do you have one of those Kenner Exec frames to put the in? :)

I do have the POTF coins in a custom one I made. :) I'm not sure if I'm going to go that route on the others I've picked up. As of right now, I'm saying I'm done with the actual coins. I would still like to get one of the proto mail away albums and if it worked out some of the preproduction pieces (6ups, hobs, dies, etc)

Grant

Sith Lord
Congrats on the new pic ups everyone. That R2 shop display is stunning a £30 seems like a total bargain.

Regards

Grant.

Joe

Grand Master
That R2 is pretty cool! Sorry if I missed the info - when is it from? Vintage/dark ages or modern (greedy age)? :lol:

Shawn nice coins! I'd quite like to see you snag one of the proto albums too one day, perhaps one will come up :)

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Joe said:
That R2 is pretty cool! Sorry if I missed the info - when is it from? Vintage/dark ages or modern (greedy age)? :lol:

Summer 1977. It's for the Black double LP that came with the poster. No modern allowed here sir :wink:

Joe

Grand Master
Maulster79 said:
Joe said:

Summer 1977. It's for the Black double LP that came with the poster. No modern allowed here sir :wink:

Wow then for £30 you did great! I thought it was modern being that cheap :lol:

Top Bottom