Latest Acquisitions

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Nice Trilogo mate- you got me hunting them down now.

Big thanks to Ed (e30318is)

IMG_0383.jpg

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
WOW A Day away from the board and this thread is unbelaible! 8)

Bram - Love that Fett! Nice Vader too! :)
ODB - Rare to see the minirigs in such good conditon loose.
Grant - Awesome Haul! Love the ATAT and White Bespin Guard MOC - What back is it?
Ed - OBD? I throught you meant OCD! :mrgreen:
Timbo - Nice Luke
Bluedog-ToltoyTastic 8)
Tastie- I love PoTF MOCs be it Ewoks or not! :)
Tundra - Nice stormie! :)
Trilogoman - Nice Trilogos! Love that Ben!8)
Grant - More great acquistions there :)

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
ODB said:
Never heard them called Bodyrigs before.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Body-Rig

And from the archive:

Kenner's line of "Single Body Transport Vehicles" ("Body Rigs" for short) made even the earlier mini-rigs look large. Indeed, the three of them (the One-Man Sand Skimmer, Imperial Sniper and Security Scout) were composed of little more than a few thin pieces of plastic, which, when assembled, served as mere seats or platforms for action figures. But, despite their slightness, I think the body rigs made for pretty nifty low price point toys. This is primarily due to their design, which suceeded in avoiding the awkwardness that marred some of the mini-rigs. Most of the body rigs were both visually interesting and in line with the established Star Wars aesthetic.

The One-Man Sand Skimmer was sort of like the Star Wars equivalent of the Razor Scooter; or that's what its design suggests to me at any rate. The look of it is similar to the larger Sail Skiff and Tatooine Skiff toys, which I suppose is appropriate. I personally like the stylized sail and forward trident thingie; they imbue the toy with a certain Flash Gordon quality that's more-or-less in line with the look of Jabba's environment.

Loose, the Sand Skimmer can usually be found more readily than can its two body rig counterparts; but all three of the items can be considered tough to locate in comparison to most Star Wars toys. This is because the Power of the Force line of which they were a part was cancelled rather quickly, and thus the body rigs were not on the market long and were not produced in great quantities. Unfortunately, the body rigs were released in the States on blister cards, and today it is nearly impossible to find a packaged example that does not have a yellow bubble. Collectors can avoid this problem by seeking out the European versions of the toys, which came in tri-lingual POTF boxes.

First Issued: 1985 (POTF packaging)
Re-issues: None

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Tatsie, is the ****ing ewok a variant? Never heard of that one? Nice.

Tundra: Cool 12 inch stormie mate well done.

Trilogoman: Nice Trilogos man!

Maulster: Sweet MOC's dude.

Timbo: Some more nice loosies mate.

This lot arrived today:

The MOC's are all opened bubbles but in very nice condition, especially like the 20 back Leia.

100_6621.jpg

100_6620.jpg

This Will probably be the last lot for me for a while. Mortgage got me by the nuts now.

Cheers Ryan.

itfciain

Grand Master
Loving those MOCs Ryan - they look amazing and it is hard to tell they are open (apart from the price I guess !)

Top Bottom