Latest Acquisitions

Joe

Grand Master
You are doing well Iain mate! Glad you got the Snag as well, great start to finishing the set :)

Jedi534

Jedi Knight
aussiejames said:
Jedi534 said:
olisuds said:
I thought the Made In Mexico Short Mouth Biker Scout mainly came with the light grey Kenner blaster??
Mine came with the Dark Gray LL version.
yep, finding a dark grey version MIM is the exception not the rule. ( & knowing Bryan it probably cost him 50 cents :) :wink: )
It was in a lot so it cost me $17 on the average... 8)

Clone Collector

Padawan
Hey guys, been away again for a bit, lost the bookmark for the site and just noticed it was missing!

Going for trawl through the latest buys in a bit but thought I would post this little guy, off Ed on Collectors Cantina.
DroidsR2.jpg

Clone Collector

Padawan
Oh, had one of these too, a Jedi carded Lili Ledy Vader, MIM with hole in the rear of the card and fat tip saber..
Vaders004.jpg

Vaders008-1.jpg

Vaders007-1.jpg

Can't remember if I posted this too..
DarthVader003.jpg

deathstar003.jpg

Clone Collector

Padawan
Ledi made their own figures for the Mexican market with the Ledi logo but the factory also made them for the kenner market to, Kenner logo's have a thinner card, shiny front and a matt textured, colour rear. There is a small hole that is usually present in the O of the word OF in Return OF the Jedi..the bubbles are usually sharper edges, closer fitting and missing the cross hatched glue pattern under the edges.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Hi Guys, as some of you may be aware I have recently been selling off a large part of my carded collection. Not selling up but in fact, changing focus slightly.

After a long wait and a huge hold up at customs yesterday I received my latest purchase which will mark the beginnings of a new focus.

What you see below is a Former Kenner Employee's Prototype Android 3 Pack. Although looking very similar to the production version of the Series 1 Android set, this particular pack is rather unique. You should be able to notice the difference in the Punch style (single round hole rather than a regular hanger tab) The other main difference is the black cardboard bar at the top of the window which is quite prominent.

This bar was removed before before production in order to allow better visbility for the writing on the blue background as this is clearly obscured on this version.

As far as I know, this set was only ever available from the Kenner Employee store in Cincinatti and I believe only 2 examples have surfaced so far. This set and one other which sits in the collection of Joe Barr (who also has the Heroes set and Villains set in the same prototype format)

More info can be found below at the SWCA website. You should also notice that this is the exact same set pictured on the website.

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=48695

I have also included a pic of the set next to my White ESB Test Packaging Heroes Set.

I am obviously ecstatic to own such a fantastic piece and although I have sold off a large part of what I had I dont regret it in the slightest. This marks the start of a 3 pack focus for me. I have a couple of things in the pipeline and hope to update my limelight thread in the near future.

5947318736_70d9010a7a.jpg

034 by Caswell2009, on Flickr
5946766027_61a679da64.jpg

035 by Caswell2009, on Flickr
5946767023_b3015e00d4.jpg

036 by Caswell2009, on Flickr
5947323408_6e1ccea4d3.jpg

037 by Caswell2009, on Flickr
5946770539_8737ee8cb6.jpg

038 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

All the best!

Chris. 8)

itfciain

Grand Master
Wowzers Chris

That looks amazing - you are really getting you hands on some great (and very very rare pieces)

Chewie

Jedi Master
Oh Hell Yeah!!!! I've been waiting to see what you were upto :D
and it was very much worth the wait!!!!!!

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!!!!! You must be well chuffed 8)
Congrats Chris

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Thanks Iain and Neil. I am totally over the moon as you can imagine. Havent stopped smiling since I picked it up. Well worth the wait and all the hard work. :mrgreen:

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
That is an unbeliable Piece Chris :shock: 8) Congrats mate. Good luck with your new focus and keep us posted. I would love to see similar pieces to this. Liam

Latest posts

Top Bottom