Latest Acquisitions

theslider

Sith Lord
More nice loosies Pomse!

I've slowed down a bit with Christmas coming up and all the associated costs, but I got this lovely Bib Fortuna off Vin3po:
DSC09504.jpg

I got this off eBay after a heads up from Ian - can't remember his user name - it's one of the many Palitoy derived usernames!
DSC09505.jpg

The latter is obviously to go with my nice Palitoy cardback - all I need now is a weapon, and he's all set to be resealed (it's not a perfect fit, but it's not too bad!)
DSC09506.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi theslider, thanks for the kind words mate :D

I love your new bib fortuna moc, it is really beautiful 8)

And the jawa card with bubble and figure is also beautiful, I have always loved the Palitoy Logo :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
I got this off eBay after a heads up from Ian - can't remember his user name - it's one of the many Palitoy derived usernames!

No worries for the tip off about the bubble. It looks a pretty good fit and I know you don't feel you have quite the skills to put this together perfectly but with a bit of patience I'm sure you can get it close. Maybe gluing one side at a time might be the way to go so you can match all the printed lines on the card back up with the bubble and also you can make a footer by cutting out some yellow from another Jawa card back (if you have a spare scrap one). I've used this method in the past and then pealed the black backing off the back of the card so that it just shows cardboard on the underside of the yellow. It's the next best thing to having the original footer although I've been lucky enough to source mainly original ones for my collection.

Let me know if you need any more help with it and I'll see what I can do, it's a shame I can't do it for you as I quite enjoy doing them . Keep on Keeping on with the collection - Ian.

flycasual

Jedi Master
Nice loose figures Pomse2001. Have you got all the variations for any figure? Which is your favourite figure variation?

Great Bib, theslider.

Got these 3 recently. They aren't going to win any beauty contests though:
Poch Rebel Soldier - PBP Bossk - Dark Brown Rebel Soldier
Poch_RS_PBP_Bossk_DBRS_zps7bf1531e.jpg

theslider

Sith Lord
flycasual said:
Nice loose figures Pomse2001. Have you got all the variations for any figure? Which is your favourite figure variation?

Great Bib, theslider.

Got these 3 recently. They aren't going to win any beauty contests though:
Poch Rebel Soldier - PBP Bossk - Dark Brown Rebel Soldier
Poch_RS_PBP_Bossk_DBRS.jpg

Bloody hell, the expression on the Rebel Soldiers face says it all!

theslider

Sith Lord
Palifan said:

No worries for the tip off about the bubble. It looks a pretty good fit and I know you don't feel you have quite the skills to put this together perfectly but with a bit of patience I'm sure you can get it close. Maybe gluing one side at a time might be the way to go so you can match all the printed lines on the card back up with the bubble and also you can make a footer by cutting out some yellow from another Jawa card back (if you have a spare scrap one). I've used this method in the past and then pealed the black backing off the back of the card so that it just shows cardboard on the underside of the yellow. It's the next best thing to having the original footer although I've been lucky enough to source mainly original ones for my collection.

Let me know if you need any more help with it and I'll see what I can do, it's a shame I can't do it for you as I quite enjoy doing them . Keep on Keeping on with the collection - Ian.

It's ever so slightly off on the rips on the card, therefore it lines up on one side, but then not the other! But it's not a bad fit at all. I assumed that you could make the footers that way, but I'd be wary of destroying a card (even a beater!)

Palifan

Sith Lord
theslider said:
Palifan said:

It's ever so slightly off on the rips on the card, therefore it lines up on one side, but then not the other! But it's not a bad fit at all. I assumed that you could make the footers that way, but I'd be wary of destroying a card (even a beater!)

Shame it doesn't quite fit although it doesn't sound far off so it should make the card back look nice with the bubble and figure on there. I know what you mean about destroying a card although I've had kenner cards in such bad shape that it almost gives them a better resting place to use them this way. Make sure you drop the reseal into this thread once you do it as it would be nice to see it and also i'd love to see the Pali Lando when you get the chance.

theslider

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
theslider said:
Palifan said:

Shame it doesn't quite fit although it doesn't sound far off so it should make the card back look nice with the bubble and figure on there. I know what you mean about destroying a card although I've had kenner cards in such bad shape that it almost gives them a better resting place to use them this way. Make sure you drop the reseal into this thread once you do it as it would be nice to see it and also i'd love to see the Pali Lando when you get the chance.

I've got a knackered Kenner Lobot card which I used to repair my Palitoy 30 back, but I am loathe to cut it even though it is creased to ****!.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi, flycasual thanks for the kind words, Maybe I have all the variants of some of the POTF figures. Because some of them I do not know about any variants. But I don't think I have all the variants for any figure at the moment. Mostly because I do not know all the variants there is out there. This week I found a vader with a coo I have never seen before. I hope to get that one with the mail soon.

That is some cool POCH and PBP figures you have there, sorry that they are not perfect. But not everybody have such figures. I am still waiting for my first POCH rebel soldier, PBP bossk and PBP rebel soldier :D

Hi Jeff, thanks for the kind words mate 8)

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Lots more nice pick ups- especially the foreign loose.

I'm finding it hard to find Poch/PBP in decent condition.

From FF2- Thanks to Iain, Gary, Chris (GW Acrylic), Dave, Gus, Duncan and Jamie.

photo.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom