Latest Acquisitions

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Love the keyrings Chipsteak, pure tacky 70s goodness!

I'm interested to know whether the R2 is part of this set? I recall the picture of the carded keyrings that you've mentioned, and I thought it was just the 4 other characters. Is R2 plastic like the others, or metal, please?

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
AndyPreston said:
Love the keyrings Chipsteak, pure tacky 70s goodness!

I'm interested to know whether the R2 is part of this set? I recall the picture of the carded keyrings that you've mentioned, and I thought it was just the 4 other characters. Is R2 plastic like the others, or metal, please?

I double-checked that picture and Artoo is definitely part of a set of five, although the two examples there were gold as opposed to silver but otherwise look the very same. He's lightweight plastic like the others.

Funny you mention alloy, as I did pick up an Japanese alloy Artoo along the way because he caught my eye.

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
chipsteak said:
I double-checked that picture and Artoo is definitely part of a set of five, although the two examples there were gold as opposed to silver but otherwise look the very same. He's lightweight plastic like the others.

Thank you! I haven't got the pic so was going by memory - not very reliable at the best of times. I have the other 4 so will have to look out for the R2.

poncho

Grand Master
chipsteak said:
Here's a silly sideline I've been trying to complete for some years and have finally done so: a set of five knock-off keyrings. Ages ago a poster, I think here, acquired an unused shop hanger full of them which was my guidance. The character choice suggests they're from the 70s. I remember psychadelic Vader, and psychadelic Vader only, appearing in a local shop in abundance circa 1984 though.

2mxr1l.jpg
That was me i bought 2 unused hangers :) they came from closed tobbaco/sweet shop in blackpool. Ive since sold one to simon. Regards chris

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
poncho said:
chipsteak said:
Here's a silly sideline I've been trying to complete for some years and have finally done so: a set of five knock-off keyrings. Ages ago a poster, I think here, acquired an unused shop hanger full of them which was my guidance. The character choice suggests they're from the 70s. I remember psychadelic Vader, and psychadelic Vader only, appearing in a local shop in abundance circa 1984 though.
That was me i bought 2 unused hangers :) they came from closed tobbaco/sweet shop in blackpool. Ive since sold one to simon. Regards chris

Thanks Poncho! You awoke an obscure memory of mine with that purchase. I see you're on the podcast's pictures repost list, so I'll take a punt that you wont mind this reposted here for those who've shown interest in the range.

2uzp5j6.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
The iridescence on Vader really shows up in that picture.
Vader and R2 really don't look like they are made of plastic.
Amazing that the hang tag has stayed in such great condition after all these years and still has all the key rings attached.

coomber75

Sith Lord
chipsteak said:
poncho said:
chipsteak said:

Thanks Poncho! You awoke an obscure memory of mine with that purchase. I see you're on the podcast's pictures repost list, so I'll take a punt that you wont mind this reposted here for those who've shown interest in the range.

2uzp5j6.jpg

these are awesome grouped together on the hanger

lejackal

Grand Master
Here are my latest pick ups.
Palitoy 65 back Han Hoth
2B1B3461-3FF4-46B7-AFCD-E7E5F888D0ED.jpeg

Return of the Jedi notebook
4F5A48A3-7376-4A3F-8B01-DD20C6DB6409.jpeg

Palitoy overstock Ackbar mailer
0585CD8D-498B-4795-89D0-B2BECB46C5DB.jpeg

And finally a removable limbs 3PO baggie
90C56BA3-E269-4CD1-A0FA-6A1AB52E99C9.jpeg

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
lejackal said:
Here are my latest pick ups.
Palitoy 65 back Han Hoth
2B1B3461-3FF4-46B7-AFCD-E7E5F888D0ED.jpeg
Return of the Jedi notebook
4F5A48A3-7376-4A3F-8B01-DD20C6DB6409.jpeg
Palitoy overstock Ackbar mailer
0585CD8D-498B-4795-89D0-B2BECB46C5DB.jpeg
And finally a removable limbs 3PO baggie
90C56BA3-E269-4CD1-A0FA-6A1AB52E99C9.jpeg

Love this, Ham Hoth on a Jedi card is as good as it gets for me. 8)

lejackal

Grand Master
Thanks chaps, it's been a good few weeks, especially considering I'm not supposed to be buying anything :lol:

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Some Amazing stuff on show. I've got a few bits to add later, but thought I'd show this first.

This isn't vintage as such although it's nearly 20 years old. I've been after one of these since they were released in 2000 or so. It is absolutely gorgeous and I'm so happy I finally have it. It's a pewter Boba Fett statue standing around 34", they don't make them like this anymore. The range finder is missing but I'm going to make another.

I know all you guys would love this so am putting it here

Attachments

• 20190604_180430.jpg
    20190604_180430.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 832

spoons

Grand Master
Some varied and interesting pieces on the last few pages. Love what Michael Smith is doing with that four pack, and Steve's Meccano Yan is superb. Congrats Edd - great achievement and Scott too on your grails.

This Zetca TIE and R2D2 arrived today to compliment my X Wing. Still can't get over how diddy they are

B7C6DE25-3D8A-4C30-B4AF-EF57B1CEE6D2.jpeg

Palifan

Sith Lord
spoons said:
Some varied and interesting pieces on the last few pages. Love what Michael Smith is doing with that four pack, and Steve's Meccano Yan is superb. Congrats Edd - great achievement and Scott too on your grails.

This Zetca TIE and R2D2 arrived today to compliment my X Wing. Still can't get over how diddy they are

B7C6DE25-3D8A-4C30-B4AF-EF57B1CEE6D2.jpeg

I've seen pictures of these before but they look even better in your collection :D

Great pick ups and love card art spoons.

Ian

spoons

Grand Master
Cheers Ian, I'm thinking of bringing some of my weirder stuff to FF one of these days. Be good if people did a bit of show and tell

Latest posts

Top Bottom