Latest Acquisitions

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Dam- forgot this.

I won it in an auction.

All my Ewok cartoons are on VHS.

Can any one find where this cell is from?........................................................no? :?

2013-09-02001245_zps974b717b.jpg

2013-09-02001226_zps0154b152.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Maulster79 said:
Dam- forgot this.

I won it in an auction.

All my Ewok cartoons are on VHS.

Can any one find where this cell is from?........................................................no? :?

2013-09-02001245_zps974b717b.jpg

2013-09-02001226_zps0154b152.jpg

Sorry I do not have it on DVD :(

But nice cell :shock:

TC-14

Sith Lord
Superb pick ups, chaps.

Bram, I'm always fascinated by the various logos that inhabit the vintage Star Wars world... good to hear of the history behind these latest acquisitions, and to see they've gone to another appreciative collector.

Cracking collection of autographs, Grant- I like the idea of you only acquiring them in person, gives them much more kudos. Even better when you can get a photo of the actual signing, great shot.

This substantial tome arrived today:

DSCN3956_zps6b4c38ee.jpg

I was first made aware of this fine publication when Jason posted a photo of his copy from CE2 (thanks for the order reservation link, mate).

240 printed pages, packed with photographs and information from 1977 to 1986... this will keep me occupied for many weeks to come. Nice to see my copy was signed by the author, too!

DSCN3957_zpsd07f348a.jpg

Square cardback vintage goodness:

DSCN3958_zps54d6739c.jpg

...and I didn't realise there was a first phase released in France on the standard sized card:

DSCN3960_zps5e9a42e1.jpg

Well worth the total cost (including priority shipping) of €40.

Martin

TC-14

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Nice book martin, may we see more pictures from that book ? it looks awesome :D
I think you'll agree with me that it wouldn't be right to post up anymore photos from the content, it's evident that a lot of research and hard work has gone into this and I wouldn't want to impinge on that by being so free with publishing a further selection of printed pages.

Take it from me Lars, it's well worth getting your hand in your pockets and forking out €40 :wink: go on, you know you want to buy it :D

You can make enquires to Stephane Farcourt about purchasing by contacting him here: [email protected]

Jez

Sith Lord
It was a pleasure to listen to Stephen give his presentation in one of the CE2 panels and have a beer with him and Jason on the Saturday night, he really is the total expert in his field.
I had a quick look at the book on his stall. It is fabulous, but I didn't buy it as I had just spunked all my money on Mark Hamill and some artwork.
I've since heard experienced folk describe it as the best vintage collecting book they've bought/read. I'm glad that you were able to get one for that price Martin, you've inspired me to get one myself.

skywalker

Jedi Master
@Pomse2001 - Some great variants there mate,, I love the Han Hoth... :D

@Maulster79 - Love the autographs mate especially the Freddy one,, and great Ewok art..

@TC-14 - That looks like a great book mate,, I am thinking of getting one,, what else is in there???

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Hey Martin- Im just ordering one of these. Had a brief look at it at CE2 and it looked amazing.

What do you think of it?

TC-14

Sith Lord
Jez said:
I've since heard experienced folk describe it as the best vintage collecting book they've bought/read. I'm glad that you were able to get one for that price Martin, you've inspired me to get one myself.
I've got to agree, Jez- it's a real feast for the eyes. Detailed photographs on every page, inspired descriptions... it's one to add to your list of future purchases mate, that's for sure.

For someone like me who revels in the various 'foreign' licensees that took on the General Mills product and attached their own unique spin on the marketing and merchandising... all I can say is: I'm in vintage heaven.

Pass on my regards next time you meet up with Steph for a beer, will you? :wink:

skywalker said:
@TC-14 - That looks like a great book mate,, I am thinking of getting one,, what else is in there???
I'm going to sound like Stephane Faucourt's number one fan here... but I can't extol the virtues of this mind boggling tome enough to do it justice...

Briefly: there are detailed sections on French press coverage right from the start, the action figures, vehicles and playsets all in their varying vintage glory, adverts and catalogues from Miro-Meccano (showing detailed photographs of every page)... the list goes on. Honestly mate, if you have the slightest bit of interest in how other companies marketed their Star Wars wares, then you won't be disappointed with this publication.

Forgive me, Stephane... but I'm sure you won't begrudge one last photo from your knowledgable book:

I love this montage of the vintage price stickers... in French Francs, naturally- long before the Euros made their mark. Utterly priceless, in my eyes :wink:

DSCN3961_zps4b67faf8.jpg

TC-14

Sith Lord
Maulster79 said:
Hey Martin- Im just ordering one of these. Had a brief look at it at CE2 and it looked amazing.

What do you think of it?
Hey Grant, at the risk of sounding like a Stephane Faucourt obsessive/stalker/weirdo admirer (*delete as appropriate), I think you'll get my general feelings on this publication in my post above :lol:

Money well spent, my friend- you'll enjoy it :wink:

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
Haven't been posting any new aquisitions for a few weeks now, got quite a bit in but been too busy after losing another member of the family.

Thought I would post up 2 of the Vectis pieces though - so here they are all looking pretty minty:

P1010025.jpg

P1010026.jpg

P1010027.jpg

P1010028.jpg

P1010029.jpg

Not quite sure what to do with them now I have them lol. Did I really need 48 AST5s?

Nick

TC-14

Sith Lord
Nick_IoW said:
Not quite sure what to do with them now I have them lol. Did I really need 48 AST5s?

Nick
Yes, you did. Glad to hear they are now in the hands of a fine curator.

Terribly sorry to hear of more family upset. My condolences to you and yours, Nick.

Martin

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
TC-14 said:
Superb pick ups, chaps.

Bram, I'm always fascinated by the various logos that inhabit the vintage Star Wars world... good to hear of the history behind these latest acquisitions, and to see they've gone to another appreciative collector.

Cracking collection of autographs, Grant- I like the idea of you only acquiring them in person, gives them much more kudos. Even better when you can get a photo of the actual signing, great shot.

This substantial tome arrived today:

DSCN3956_zps6b4c38ee.jpg

I was first made aware of this fine publication when Jason posted a photo of his copy from CE2 (thanks for the order reservation link, mate).

240 printed pages, packed with photographs and information from 1977 to 1986... this will keep me occupied for many weeks to come. Nice to see my copy was signed by the author, too!

DSCN3957_zpsd07f348a.jpg

Square cardback vintage goodness:

DSCN3958_zps54d6739c.jpg

...and I didn't realise there was a first phase released in France on the standard sized card:

DSCN3960_zps5e9a42e1.jpg

Well worth the total cost (including priority shipping) of €40.

Martin

Martin

Stop it.........Stop it!!!!................your giving me a Toygasm :lol:

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
TC-14 said:
Jez said:
I've got to agree, Jez- it's a real feast for the eyes. Detailed photographs on every page, inspired descriptions... it's one to add to your list of future purchases mate, that's for sure.

For someone like me who revels in the various 'foreign' licensees that took on the General Mills product and attached their own unique spin on the marketing and merchandising... all I can say is: I'm in vintage heaven.

Pass on my regards next time you meet up with Steph for a beer, will you? :wink:

skywalker said:
I'm going to sound like Stephane Faucourt's number one fan here... but I can't extol the virtues of this mind boggling tome enough to do it justice...

Briefly: there are detailed sections on French press coverage right from the start, the action figures, vehicles and playsets all in their varying vintage glory, adverts and catalogues from Miro-Meccano (showing detailed photographs of every page)... the list goes on. Honestly mate, if you have the slightest bit of interest in how other companies marketed their Star Wars wares, then you won't be disappointed with this publication.

Forgive me, Stephane... but I'm sure you won't begrudge one last photo from your knowledgable book:

I love this montage of the vintage price stickers... in French Francs, naturally- long before the Euros made their mark. Utterly priceless, in my eyes :wink:

DSCN3961_zps4b67faf8.jpg

Martin.......................!!!!

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
I am definitely going to have to get that book at sometime.

One of my Meccano's has an old price sticker in franc's - 14F00

Old Wally has come up on ebay a few times in the past, I wish i'd got him a few years as an AFA graded one went pretty cheap, now there an absolute fortune :(

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
That book looks great. I don't collect the meccano stuff but the book is so nice looking I will be dropping an email enquirey about grabbing one, just love those sort of books, could spend hours just looking through them :)

It isn't on the same scale but my wife baught me Star Wars Action Figure Archive back in 99, I still spend hours flicking through it now.

Top Bottom