Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Bloody awesome,
Sculpting skills, build skills, even the photography is fantastic, a very talented man :D

Wonderful stuff :D

Joe

Grand Master
*Nerdgasm*

This is by far your best work to date Wolff, I never even knew about the Rancor sculpture and the Jabba orgy painting!!

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Amazing stuff, those cushions look comfortable enough to sleep on. I never knew about the orgy pic or Rancor either, I wonder if that Rancor figure is the actual stop motion puppet they used for filming the rancor vs Luke scene.

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Wowzers :shock: ...THANK YOU ALL!!! :mrgreen:

BlueDog said:
Amazing stuff, those cushions look comfortable enough to sleep on. I never knew about the orgy pic or Rancor either, I wonder if that Rancor figure is the actual stop motion puppet they used for filming the rancor vs Luke scene.

IMO it looks more "Alien" like and could be an "early" design. Hard to tell...no light in there at all, but the "ridge" on his back looks like he has two parallel ones...not one like in the movie?!?!?

Anyway...the Rancor and the relief was not spotted by myself the first time. Other people have spotted this too. Same of course goes for the Ishi Tib Gargoyles, but I guess I found sth totally new today!!! Thinking of building it...hmmmmmm

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Thank you....shall I make a rope for it so he can go for a walk with it??? :lol:

Update:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/#05july2013

First time all three parts (actually it is five parts) are screwed together. It doesnt fit 100% yet but I guess these smaller problems can be solved easily. And happy me: The windows are nearly done now! Only seven windows left from 42 in total (I am talking from the windows with the slits only...making them is pure pain...LOL).

khetanna_149.jpg

khetanna_150.jpg

khetanna_151.jpg

khetanna_152.jpg

Hope you like it. Have a great weekend! ;)

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Holly f***!

Imagine having this when you were a kid?

You would be taking it to bed with you.

This is seriously rocking!

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Hey all, thank you again for the overwhelming feedback guys :D :mrgreen:

I just updated some pictures:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/#19july2013

I decided to give the ship more lenght. In my opinion it looked way too stubby even for a toy. So I added 7,5 centimeters to the middle part and I think it looks way better now. Measurements are off I agree but without some changes Jabba wouldn't have fit inside.

khetanna_154.jpg

khetanna_155.jpg

Finally all windows are done...finally. I cannot tell you how happy I am right now because making all those windows was pure pain. Some facts (because I had fun counting those today):
It is 5 windows on the deck, 14 on the upper level and 28 on the level below, makes 47 windows with slits in total. 24 are fully movable.
To make those I needed to drill 938 holes, making 938 cuts and the needed to file and sand....and file and sand 469 slits.....it was really hard work.

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/wp-content/blogs.dir/3/files/khetanna/khetanna_103.jpg
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/wp-content/blogs.dir/3/files/khetanna/khetanna_104.jpg

I even found a way to improve the stability (was thinking long about this because it was already waaay too late as I noticed): high-grade steel wires glued to the windows. It is small enough to be not that distracting and it helps the windows not to bend while opening....or even worse: break into pieces. The construction of the windows is very thin (1,5 mm thick on the outside and the frame is about 1,5-2mm wide) and all the slits make it very instable.

khetanna_153.jpg

khetanna_156.jpg

...and now a beer for me...or make it two...:cheers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom