is this moc legit

FLETCH

Padawan
hello im a little paranoid i might have bought a fake im very new to moc card collecting and am not sure how good the fakes are that are out there its a 65d palitoy stormtrooper it has no waffle pattern seal and the card dosent seem be as glossy as my other kenner and palitoy cards i have this is the only 65d i have so i have nothing to compare it to hope you guys help me out on this one thanks in advance Tom

DSCF2598.jpg

DSCF2600.jpg

DSCF2602.jpg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Looks fine to me mate, I've had several of those exact figures in the past. Very nice looking piece :)

FLETCH

Padawan
thanks guys its just the condition of the bubble thats got me wondering this is my best moc ive picked up so far

thanks again Tom

Joe

Grand Master
Yeah it is ok FLETCH, you can also find double stemmed bubbles on Pal ROTJ's but these bubbles are ok too.

The punch on these ROTJ Palitoys looks incredibly like the recard punches on the market (well the other way around, they look like Pal punches!) but its fine IMO :)

FLETCH

Padawan
cheers joe with i didnt relies how many different variations of bubble and cardbacks there are on these rotj cards

tigerham

Sith Lord
Is there a slight shine to the cardback dude as repro ones are Matt normally and the pics shows a quite matt finish tho could be just the light?

tigerham

Sith Lord
Maybe it's legit then. Looks good fromt he pics just a tad on the matt side. Is it on Ebay and has the seller got a good rep?

Btw don't show the link here dude. PM me it if you want. ;)

FLETCH

Padawan
no ham ive already bought it i bought from a guy on the tig who was selling his collection i bought 6 from him the rest were kenner cards they are legit the main reason i had my doubts about this one is because of the slick bubble seal ,condition of bubble and card and i dont have any others to compare it to

tigerham

Sith Lord
Ah ok, well in that case dude I'm sure it's all good and you've a great MOC. Look forward to seeing pics up in the Latest thread. :D

lee gray

Sith Lord
As stated the palitoy cards dont have the waffle pattern and I purchased one with the same type of bubble from jim stevenson a few years ago.

FLETCH

Padawan
thanks to everyone who commented i have no doubts about this card now and geordie is a top person to deal with thanks again

Tom

lee gray

Sith Lord
FLETCH said:
hello lee what about the matt finish is this common on these cards as well

it depends, I once had 2 palitoy 65 back leah boushh with the long bubble.. helmet on head, one was a shiny card and other was dull.
funny thing is I got them both from toytoni......top quality items

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom