Imperial Shuttle confusion

beebop alula

Youngling
(Just registered for the forums so apologies if my first post is in the wrong place)

I've been pointed in the direction of a supposed Vintage Imperial Shuttle.
The bottom of it is stamped with; "LUCASFILM LTD (LFL) 1984 KENNER PROD. CINTI.. OHIO 45202 NO. 93850", which to me would suggest it is the Vintage ROTJ one which I'm after.

However in the accompanying photos the Shuttle itself has what I would describe as battle damaged colouring. i.e. although it is beige, it has black shading all over it.
I've not seen this colouring on any other Vintage Shuttles so would I be right in assuming it's actually a more modern version?
I know quite a bit about the Vintage lines, but not a lot after that so unsure what it could actually be.

Is there anything else to look for (or ask the seller) which would help confirm this?

Hope that all makes sense.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Hey dude, welcome. I've seen the same thing on ebay and was wondering the same thing. Either it's a modern version and they decided to keep it as original as poss i.e. the dates or someone got a vintage and decided to apply damage effects themselves :)

Ham

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Yes the FAO Shwartz special is 2002 but has 1984 on it. http://www.collectiondx.com/review/2002/imperial_shuttle_f_a_o_schwarz_exclusive
it does NOT have sound like a vintage one, yes is painted battle damaged, the front & rear guns are ever so slightly different in colour and 'cannon' length ......... So whenever you see one ask the seller if it has a battery compartment with terminals and sound button. I could go on & on about the slight differences because I got screwed on Ebay & have both here. EDIT sorry I just changed the bit "NOT have sound..." The vintage has sound, modern no sound

beebop alula

Youngling
Thanks for the quick replies.

So I guess the general advice would be to stay clear then. Usual story - if it seems too good to be true, it normally is.

Whilst I've got your attention I might as well ask some general advice; My collection is by no means immaculate, but there are a few bits and pieces I would like in order to complete it. i.e. it's ALL the loose versions as oppose to carded/boxed.
Until I came across this forum today I've just spent hours trawling eBay. Would it be worth me just sticking a post in the 'wanted' forum with what I'm after?

Can't bl*ody believe I've only now come across what seems to be a forum full of ppl in the know!

tigerham

Sith Lord
lol, don't worry, I've only been on here since April but yeh been a real help and people are honest on here as appose to Ebay :wink:

Def would stick a wanted list up and to be sure you'll get reply's :)

beebop alula

Youngling
tigerham said:
lol, don't worry, I've only been on here since April but yeh been a real help and people are honest on here as appose to Ebay :wink:

Ta. 289 replies since April is canny going mind!!

Paul-itoy

Jedi Knight
beebop alula said:
tigerham said:

Ha, ha, and 280 of those have been 'Biker Scout this, Biker Scout that' :lol: :wink:

tigerham

Sith Lord
Paul-itoy said:
beebop alula said:
tigerham said:

Ha, ha, and 280 of those have been 'Biker Scout this, Biker Scout that' :lol: :wink:

:p well it's obviously a great focus :wink: :D

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
That would also be 280 more SW posts than I've managed (and I've been around a tad longer).

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Ehh I can't saying anything mate. 95% of my posts have FA to do with SW.

I wouldn't worry about talking too much, no one on here is gonna have a go at you for it. Better to have lots of chat/banter flying about that no one posting at all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom