How long has every 1 been collecting for

elliott

Padawan
been collecting over 30 years now,
first piece I had was a bootleg badge, before the film came out here, dont recall if the film had been released in america, but due to the advertising and merchandise climate of the period, I would imagine so.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
elliott said:
first piece I had was a bootleg badge, before the film came out here, dont recall if the film had been released in america, but due to the advertising and merchandise climate of the period, I would imagine so.

who old are you
have you just collected from start and carried on,your collection must be huge .is it just vintage you collect

Ron

Sith Lord
If its from the start jabba i think most off us had collections when we where younger. Only thing i got left from when i was younger is a chewbacca and darthvader both loose

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
kerry1977 said:
If its from the start jabba i think most off us had collections when we where younger. Only thing i got left from when i was younger is a chewbacca and darthvader both loose

i wish i stil had mine .i looked after them and had all weapons in one of them big matchboxes :cry: :cry:

Ron

Sith Lord
I found them 2 in loft about 10 years ago had a big fight with older bro who owed them proper rolling about bedroom scrapping worked out they where his as the date stamp on them where 1978 i was only born then. But i got all his old toys so they where mine :D

elliott

Padawan
jabbawokkie said:
elliott said:

who old are you
have you just collected from start and carried on,your collection must be huge .is it just vintage you collect

at one point my collection was spread over 4 houses, most of the vintage stuff was from when I was a child, I picked up a huge amount of stuff between 85- 95 for next to nothing.
I had every carded variation of potf2 and early ep 1 stuff, then I decided to start honing it all down to just the really cool stuff, once I had it all in one room, I decided to just have two cabinets worth of star wars stuff, Im almost down to that now ( a set of bookshelves of star wars related books can stay, as they are technically work reference :wink: ) I am very much into the mindset of quality over quantity now. and pieces dont have to be worth a lot to be cool in my mind ( I do like the thrill of tracking down a rarety though!) completing a set of helix vinyl pencil cases was far more exciting than owning triple packs or carded vc jawas, or 21 back fetts

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
At the end of the day, it's your money so it's whatever your happied doing!
Not like anyone on here is gonna have a go at you either way.

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
weasel said:

That's one of the good things on here, there's no Star Wars snobbery. Anyway everyone knows my collection is the best. :D

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
Fitzy said:
weasel said:

That's one of the good things on here, there's no Star Wars snobbery. Anyway everyone knows my collection is the best. :D

not you modern as your seling it all to me for little lad to destroy ...(with me helping him ,got to teach them :lol:

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
jabbawokkie said:
Fitzy said:
weasel said:

not you modern as your seling it all to me for little lad to destroy ...(with me helping him ,got to teach them :lol:

...always two there are..

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
not you modern as your seling it all to me for little lad to destroy ...(with me helping him ,got to teach them :lol:[/quote]

...always two there are..[/quote]

:lol: :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Warning old thread.

I do not understand how this thread could not have received any post for so many years :shock:

Great thread, I started to collect in 2001, so I have been collecting vintage star wars for 12 years.

I started to collect star wars comics and play star wars roleplaying games in summer 1993 so if that counts then it would be 20 years :lol:

x-pack

Grand Master
Wow yeh! Cool thread ...so it's you who's digging these up :wink:

Don't think i've ever not collected Star Wars in some way. Had them as a kid and then gave my collection to my bro who displayed them in his room. Started seriously collecting around 1990 and that continued for around 10 years and then died down until around two years ago. Now it's gone mental again :p Always had a Star Wars collection knocking around.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Indy strikes again :D
Cool Lars top thread raid :D

I've been collecting indiscriminately for years, had some original loosies and bit s and bobs
Bought loads for my son in early eighties, but they disappeared over the years
Last year we decided to start again, and I joined this forum in March
Since then have been able to listen look and learn, and began to be able to focus on vintage, long road to go but enjoy every minute of it :D :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Thanks x-pack and michael :lol:

Todd do you know where most of the old crew is today ? do they not collect anymore ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom