How does a DT saber get an 85?

thejettasetta

Padawan
Morning folks, this is not aimed at getting at UKG in any way whatsoever, it is a genuine how the hell do you get an 85 sub with a DT saber?

I got my DT circle type Luke back. The saber got an 80 sub grade. I thought it may get an 85:

2016-05-07%2009.26.24_zpsqpnmoock.jpg

2016-05-07%2009.26.45_zps3yi9cjdz.jpg

2016-05-07%2009.26.58_zpsgxprdirk.jpg

2016-05-07%2009.51.13_zpsx4vk0e1c.jpg

2016-05-07%2009.50.52_zpsla9supos.jpg

2016-05-07%2009.50.40_zpsp6mz4rb4.jpg

2016-05-07%2009.50.18_zpsuf5ynqz2.jpg

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Don't collect numbers!

And yes your DT saber is uber straight and minty. The inner on my Luke DT looks like Mr. Tickles arm.

thejettasetta

Padawan
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Don't collect numbers!

And yes your DT saber is uber straight and minty. The inner on my Luke DT looks like Mr. Tickles arm.

I know, it's a number, it's subjective & a very few people's viewpoint but I thought this one was pretty much perfect. The figure isn't granted, but the saber?

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
What you have there is a beautifully straight, perfect dt sabre. But because someone else hasn't given it the thumbs up you now seem dissapointed. Don't be, it's a great piece. Anyone can see that. Smash it out and enjoy it for what it is.

Joe

Grand Master
Looks awesome to me to as it is, 80 or 85..who cares unless you are selling? :lol:

thejettasetta

Padawan
This is one of only 4 figures I ever got graded. One got refused, the others I wanted them custom cased for display.

I guess this thread is pointless really, it is what it is. Suppose I am disappointed though, I just don't get why, to me it looks almost perfect.

yoda

Sith Lord
I know you must feel disappointed with the outcome. At the start I bought a few graded figures but have come to realise what the guys are saying. I was only ever buying a number and someone's opinion. I know this doesn't make you feel any better but you still have a mint figure and you know what you have.
It looks fantastic :)

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Why I don't understand grading and the number chasing that goes with it. Lovely straight piece that should be a highlight of any collection and a joy to own, but someone else's unqualified opinion appears to have tainted the pleasure of owning it... and paying for that opinion too.. :roll:

yoda

Sith Lord
SAVORY100 said:
Why I don't understand grading and the number chasing that goes with it. Lovely straight piece that should be a highlight of any collection and a joy to own, but someone else's unqualified opinion appears to have tainted the pleasure of owning it... and paying for that opinion too.. :roll:

That's it in a nutshell very well put.
That's what I have now come to understand.

itfciain

Grand Master
SAVORY100 said:

100% this

Plus - what is the point in having something like that graded - he looks loads better with the sabre in hand as he was meant to be - it's the same as having ships U graded (like the falcon on eBay) - it's not displayed as we all remember then - it is just a load of parts that came of a production line stuck in an acrylic case

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
This threads not pointless I love the number crunching.

Lovely graded example you have. :wink: :)

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
SAVORY100 said:

Totally.

You've got an amazing condition Luke DT there. Enjoy it knowing that.

Of course, now it's only an 80 it means it's got to be well cheap when you sell it. Would have paid more had it been an 85 :wink:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Richard_H said:
80, 85.. totally meaningless numbers.

As Rich says. My biggest gripe with AFA and UKG grading is that perfect/mint means 85. You never seen 90, 95 or 100 grades, even on things removed straight from shipping cartons. I much prefer the "C" scale which is much more realistic, and relates generally to a percentage score. The idea that a 3mm spider vein on an otherwise perfect card can knock it down to an 80 is moronic.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
What makes up the wanted grade,
Is it the near perfect paint, or how it's made,
Is it the stiffest joints you've ever seen,
Or DT Saber perfectly straight and lines so clean,
All of the above come into the deal,
But the most important part of owning this piece......is how it makes you Feel 8) 8)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I have never, nor will I ever have anything graded. If it floats someone's boat to have a piece graded then I have no particular objection to them doing it, but it does annoy me when that piece then commands a completely disproportionate price tag on the secondary market simply because some self-appointed 'expert' has unilaterally declared his or her opinion regarding the condition of it, when I can much more easily do that myself with my own eyes and brain for free.

I haven't yet, but if I ever buy a graded 'loose' (NOT carded) figure (for a reasonable price, of course) I will happily free it from its plastic prison and let it take its rightful place alongside the rest of my loose collection. I'll even photograph the event and post the before and after pictures here for all to enjoy :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom