Hello!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Nah Twofoot, as Jabba says you have to be a member to get into "Off topic" so most of them will get a shock when they do sign up! :D

James Simmonds

Padawan
:p Thanks for all the welcomes everyone.

I answer to your questions, I'm not sure where you might recognise my name from, although I have written regularly for 'Model & Collectors Mart' magazine over the past ten years about all things SW, so it could be from there. Before that, I used to write for the fan-run UK SW Fan Club that ran from about 1990 to 1995-ish (it was started by a bunch of us including Jason Joiner of Collectormania fame). Could be either of those I guess.

As to what I collect, well, mostly the original items that came out between 1977 and 1985 (a lot of which I've owned from when I was a kid at the time), but I have a few newer things from the new trilogy. I'm possibly one of the few old school fans that actually likes the three prequels (I might be putting myself up for a lot of abuse here, but I'm just being honest!). Growing up with the original films, I used to only wonder about what went on before 'A New Hope' and wished the first three films would be made. Thankfully, George Lucas completed the story and I think they're all great - with the possible exception of a certain Gungan character of course!

James.

sith-smith

Grand Master
James

I can understand what you're saying about the Prequels.

I do believe they could have done a lot better though.

For starters get rid of the gungans!!!! :twisted:

sith-smith

Grand Master
Same here.

Like James i longed to find out what happened before. In fact, i was more interested in finding out what went before than i was about what happened next. Though that would be cool too.

There are a number of things that annoyed me. (other than the gungans)

The over reliance on CGI for one. I really feel that some scenes would have been better with a simple guy in a suit approach.

That liam Neeson guy semed unnecessary.

The sometimes wooden/dull acting of Anakin.

The speed with which Anankin fell to the darkside.

Too many new species that were not seen in the OT.

I also think that the whole things was set too far before ANH

On the other hand, there were a number of really cool things.

Seeing the sith infiltrator from behind, looking like a tie fighter.

Seeing the clone troopers and various vehicles evolve

Seeing Vader 8)

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
sith-smith said:
Same here.

Like James i longed to find out what happened before. In fact, i was more interested in finding out what went before than i was about what happened next. Though that would be cool too.

There are a number of things that annoyed me. (other than the gungans)

The over reliance on CGI for one. I really feel that some scenes would have been better with a simple guy in a suit approach.

That liam Neeson guy semed unnecessary.

The sometimes wooden/dull acting of Anakin.

The speed with which Anankin fell to the darkside.

Too many new species that were not seen in the OT.

I also think that the whole things was set too far before ANH

On the other hand, there were a number of really cool things.

Seeing the sith infiltrator from behind, looking like a tie fighter.

Seeing the clone troopers and various vehicles evolve

Seeing Vader 8)

liam shows ben how to return from the dead though

sith-smith

Grand Master
Problem is, there's no mention of that Character in the OT. Plus ben said that Yoda was his teacher.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
sith-smith said:
Problem is, there's no mention of that Character in the OT. Plus ben said that Yoda was his teacher.

ok but yoda does tell him to learn from him at the end of sith.i agree with what you say though but more you watch them more ypou notice things that relate to to ot

sith-smith

Grand Master
Agreed, but that is too much that doesn't seem to quite relate. And I feel that we are left to fill in too many gaps ourselves. I wanted it to be much more explicit.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
That's true Gary, although at the end Yoda does give him some training to do so he can learn to speak to the dead liam.

Gotta agree about Anakins acting it was terrible!
He did just seem to turn to the darkside in 5 mins as well, have to say I laughed out loud when I saw it in the cinema. Not exactly well written that bit.
There were a few too many new species, but other than Gungans they were pretty minor. Whoever came up wth Gungans needs ****ing shot!

inzaman

Sith Lord
The biggest problem for me was the speed of Annakin transferring to the dark side. I would love to have seen it far more prolonged and indepth; like ROTJ where the Emporer is trying to sway Luke, i love that part of the movie. For me ROTS needed far more of that.

I would personally like to have seen quite a few scenes cut out of TPM and AOTC with beginning events of ROTS (i.e. the first half or even three quarters of the movie) taking place in AOTC then the final half of ROTS could have shown more of Annakin transferring and the Empire being created etc. In fact the jedi also seemed to be wiped out pretty quick again they should have shown them putting up more of a fight.

I also didnt know R2 had a rocket pack thing in his legs, they could have come in handy in the final (or first three made) three movies :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom