Haslab strikes again

lejackal

Grand Master
F5DE5E09-7BE6-42FF-BED4-6D36655D1C3A.jpeg

Now don't get me
wrong the saber IS pretty awesome but I don't think it's £460 awesome. Look at the 6" scale GI Joe tank fly by comparison.
They did an early bird offer to get the numbers early and it's something that's not been seen before.

Surely Star Wars fans would be more tempted to splash the cash on a 6" scale X-Wing, A-Wing or better yet a ship we've not had before - the Ghost for example.

The only pity is they might just stop bothering with SW altogether thinking the market isn't there rather than understanding that they're picking the wrong products.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
WTF - did they learn nothing from the Rancor debacle.
How are they getting this right with other IP's but getting it soooo very wrong with SW.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
WTF - did they learn nothing from the Rancor debacle.
How are they getting this right with other IP's but getting it soooo very wrong with SW.
I suspect they (Hasbro) are being heavily 'influenced' by Lucasfilm. Lucasfilm loves Reva, therefore Hasbro must offer her lightsaber... It's a real shame too as I'm sure there are plenty of potential Haslab offerings Star Wars fans would get behind, just not this one (or the Rancor before it, which to be fair was also horrendously mismanaged by Hasbro).

Let's hope whoever is making the SW Haslab decisions sees the error of their ways and chooses a much better project for the next offering.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
If Lucasfilm is pushing Reva (and they are) - then a 49.99 saber that can be enjoyed by all fans is a better angle - target the young/new fans that can connect with the character rather than the set in their ways older fan, who don't seem to - I have no issue with the Reva character as such, just not very exciting and if i'm going to splash the cash on a saber then it needs to be a iconic at that price.

Haslab is for big spending fans and like it or not we tend to lean towards the OT and some PT stuff. A new Ewok Village? The Ghost (as mentioned above)?, an updated Royal Naboo Starship?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom