Archived Going to be parting out case fresh mailer - names please

Palifan

Sith Lord
Good to hear from you and sorry that I missed you saying that you were away until now, oops! :oops:

All the best with your sales and I can see your thoughts with pricing after looking at the link you posted. Having something graded will always push the price up (which always comes as an extra cost to the person sending it off to be graded), so your price reflects that.

I'd still be interested in hearing if you have a different price for the split tape ones once you get the chance ( a 300 miles trip is never going to be the most energising thing to do).

Ian

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Nope, no intention of introducing any rules about what can and can't be said in sales posts, I'd like people to be allowed to exercise their common sense which I concede I did not do on this occasion :) so again for that I apologise. Perhaps a separate thread in the discussion forum about supply versus value would have been more appropriate. I still don't agree with those saying supply has no effect on value, of course it does, but this wasn't the place to discuss it.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
mr_palitoy said:
That u graded mailer adds no value to the piece in my opinion so that price is bs.

Jason

I agree 125 is way out there, thats why I put them up for what I have Jason.

@ Edd - thanks for agreeing this is not the place for all the speculation, I may have been wiser to post a discussion.

What I will do is post a seperate for sales post for clarity, but I will contact those on this thread also who have displayed an interest, so please do leave the thread open.

As to the whats & why's on this thread as to value & rarity/numbers etc, what's been said has been said, its here for anyone to judge for themselves & to make up their own minds, so I am happy for it to remain as is.

Fresh for sales thread here -

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24263

sith-smith

Grand Master
Nice find for sure.

No wonder mine never arrived as a kid.

I feel you should send me one to make up for Palitoy's mistakes :wink:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
PLEASE READ - URGENT!!

Huge problem, well hope its not that huge, but a massive bummer none the less - the emperor mailers I have, I thought about half were sealed & some (up to half) half were open , but on really close inspection with a magnifying glass I have just discovered that every single one is carefully razor sliced at the tape seal, the tape joins up so perfectly its not visible to the naked eye, no signs of tampering evident, no crumples or nail marks to the box at the flap, but its now obvious the previous owner has at some point in time very carefully opened each one up or at minimum sliced the tape on all of them, I presume to check there is not a fett of something grail hiding in the box (how stupid), I did check each one I have sent out really closely prior to sending & they looked perfect, it was not till I tried to pull the flap a tiny bit on them one at a time to confirm how many were open that I noticed this.

Obviously I have been duped, but it is what it is & I plan on keeping the shipping case as its what I bought it for.

They are still the world's only known examples of Palitoy Emperor mailers, so still a super rare item, but not what I thought & also not what I said, so I now have egg on my face big time.

Under the circumstances I can only wholeheartedly apologize & offer a couple of solutions -

1. return them to me for a full refund minus postage

2. I can do a partial refund of 15 pounds so they are going at the cost I have stated for opened ones.

Gutted I think it the term, really sorry about this, I had no idea & its a huge shock to the system, for me as well as you.

The Nien Nunb ones came from a different guy & are 100% factory sealed, so no worries with them.

LMK your thoughts.

I have pm'd everyone who has had one of the Emperor mailers with the above, I'm sure you guys know I would never have put these out as sealed had I of noticed.

ldr

Padawan
Newbie question, but what are the differences between a Palitoy and Kenner mail away Emperor and Nien Numb?

Is it just the missing catalogue or do they have different COOs?

Cheers

Frunkstar

Grand Master
No idea on the coo's as I don't yet have an open NN Palitoy to check & also don't yet own a Kenner NN mailer (the irony)

But no catalog is in any TT or Palitoy mailers like the Kenner counterpart, most Palitoy ones know are plain white box overstock, but those found with addres's on are a stcker similar to the Kenners, most but not all TT's mailers were printed.

HTH's

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom