do you think it looks legit

jayjedi

Sith Lord
wecome and sorry your first post is a bit of a downer. hope its ok but with slinky s track record dont hold your breath. at least you should be covered, hope it is real though .... karma :lol:

Lafos

Jedi Knight
Winning this auction is quite risky.

If the seller had so many incomming questions regarding the VCJ, it would be easy for him to take some close up shots of THIS figure and add these to the description.

A

Anonymous

Lafos said:
Winning this auction is quite risky.

If the seller had so many incomming questions regarding the VCJ, it would be easy for him to take some close up shots of THIS figure and add these to the description.

Or even sell individually and make more money!!

paulaura

Padawan
Yeah that was the biggest alarm bell for me.

Theres no way any collector doesnt know what that piece is, selling something like this separately is the only way to go ,(if its real)

For the buyers sake though I honestly hope Im wrong, and the seller really did have a vc jawa in his loft and didnt know what it was :shock: :roll:

A

Anonymous

ali smith said:
Hello thanks for letting me know about what you thought of the carded jawa, i must admit it is the only clear bubble in the batch's which did concern me, I should get it tomorrow and then be able to inspect the bubble, I hope it's not a fake but then there are so many on the market and its very easy to miss the tell tell signs, if there is a problem I've paid buy paypal so should be able to get my money back. Also if anybody can give me advices on how to tell if it is a fake I would appreciate it.
thanks a lot for the email ranger Jedi.
buy the way do you think i should change my forum name to something more appropriate like ripped of Jedi or something.
cheers ali

Hi Ali,

no pics yet, have you received them yet?

Cheers

Paul

mash

Sith Lord
It doesnt make sense that he sold the jawa as part of a job lot does it?

christ its like the holy grail of carded figs, Bloody lovely purchase if it is real though!

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
I know of scammers add sticker tears to the recards to dirty them up to make them look more genuine.

I also notice when pushed via the questions the seller said the item is authentic he didn't say genuine! there is a huge difference between these 2 words and paypal view thee terms differently as well.

I hope its real for the buyers sake but im 100% convinced it is fake. It looks like a well planned scammer auction.

The best thing you can do is get paypal on board as soon as you have recieved the item it sometimes helps to speak to there staff at the call centre as well in these situations.

plantman

Sith Lord
Yeah unfortunately it looks like onr of 'those' auctions, but on the slight chance it is genuine you would be laughing.

Under the sale of goods act he has not described the item fully so you would have no issues getting a refund, either through paypal or your card provider (credit card).
Trading standards also love these scammers who do these auctions so you can report him to them as well.

A

Anonymous

plantman said:
Yeah unfortunately it looks like onr of 'those' auctions, but on the slight chance it is genuine you would be laughing.

Under the sale of goods act he has not described the item fully so you would have no issues getting a refund, either through paypal or your card provider (credit card).
Trading standards also love these scammers who do these auctions so you can report him to them as well.

little bit worrying there has been no more communication from the buyer maybe the seller is getting the money out the paypal account

before sending? :evil:

plantman

Sith Lord
Yeah thats a possibility, but they have to register a card to use paypal, so they can recharge the card with that amount to recover it hopefully, i think he had high feedback if i remember rightly.

Lafos

Jedi Knight
ali smith said:
Hello thanks for letting me know about what you thought of the carded jawa, i must admit it is the only clear bubble in the batch's which did concern me, I should get it tomorrow and then be able to inspect the bubble, ...
And ... ?!

A

Anonymous

Lafos said:
jayjedi said:
still no feedback from buyer, i guess it didn't go to well. hope your getting your money back
The buyer is a member here, so he may chime in.

I see they have left feedback with no pictures listed on here!!

heres why, im calling shill bidder!!

A

Anonymous

gustie said:
im sure ive seen that account doing dogy things in the past..

If you won this and somebody mailed you to say you have probably been ripped off what would you do?
Then you realized you got it for about 600 cheaper and a real bargain!

You would post pics telling everybody about your bargain
shill bidding at its best!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom