do you think it looks legit

jayjedi

Sith Lord
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220393042344
amazing attic find :?: i have supersized the pics and i think it looks real. right colour to the card and i think right bubble. just cant tell if its a reseal. what do you guys think
bubble does look very clear ... maybe too clear for a figure that old. i have several star wars carded figs and although good clear bubbles they do have a slight tinge. :?

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I find it very odd that it is the only Star Wars carded there and the rest are Jedi. Bubble is extremely clear and almost looks like one of the repro blisters. I would stay away from it.

jayjedi

Sith Lord
he had 1 empire one but did seem a bit odd tfb. really need gary or palitoy to have a look at it,
i wasn't tempted at £750 burnsey :lol: my misses would have castrated me .
i did miss out on the 2 palitoy carded ones yesterday, snag and hammer, i went £151 but got out bid, they looked a bit beaten and had a bit of sticker damage but genuine enough .
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk:80/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320359745846&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBUAA:GB:1123

plantman

Sith Lord
Hmmm too odd and not enough pictures to convince me on those, it might have been worth the risk if you had the spare money as all credit card puchases are covered. It would be nice to find out from the buyer..

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
When I first started looking through the pictures I was wondering WTF you were talking about because all the bubbles were yellow, and then hey presto, the ONLY non yellow one is on a VC Jawa! And, from the angles the pictures are taken you can't really tell for sure.
IMO classic scammer tactics. It's thrown in there amongst the others as if to say "I don't know it's anything special" and the pictures are far from clear. He's trying to entice people to bid in the hope its a VC Jawa! I'd bet it's a fake/reseal!

A

Anonymous

Defo scammer remember this thread?

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4405

I managed to get the paypal claim in before they could take all the

money out of the account.

they tried to scam me on a vinyl jawa.

Looks like the buyer has already paid should we contact the buyer?

or do you think they have turned over a new leaf? :shock:

jayjedi

Sith Lord
thanks ranger, i think thats cleared that up then. feel sorry for the buyer but its difficult to judge when they have such good feedback and have sold vintage star wars before

A

Anonymous

jayjedi said:
thanks ranger, i think thats cleared that up then. feel sorry for the buyer but its difficult to judge when they have such good feedback and have sold vintage star wars before

Have a look at there feedback some of it is a bit metal lol

she will probably see this thread and thats why i got the neg feedback

he wont sell to a celtic supporter

the person i bought the figures from stays 15 mins away from the person who gave me negs

and they have been giving each other feedback for 1p sim cards

if you do read this slappy please try and be less obvious when listing rare items you might scam a bit more!

i hope the people they are scamming doesnt have kids to support i will send this thread to the buyer.

A

Anonymous

Hello thanks for letting me know about what you thought of the carded jawa, i must admit it is the only clear bubble in the batch's which did concern me, I should get it tomorrow and then be able to inspect the bubble, I hope it's not a fake but then there are so many on the market and its very easy to miss the tell tell signs, if there is a problem I've paid buy paypal so should be able to get my money back. Also if anybody can give me advices on how to tell if it is a fake I would appreciate it.
thanks a lot for the email ranger Jedi.
buy the way do you think i should change my forum name to something more appropriate like ripped of Jedi or something.
cheers ali

plantman

Sith Lord
post a couple of close up pics and ill tell you straight away if its a fake, hopefully it isnt and you have a bargain.
like you said, you are covered if it is a fake, you will need a written letter of proof if it is but the UKG can provide that for you and steve is a sound guy. even if paypal wont cover the full amount, your credit card is covered and you can claim through that if you paid via your credit card.

Andy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom