Danish Star Wars Stuff

Pomse2001

Grand Master

The toy store Nicki Legetøj or on english Nicki Toys :D I have not found any information about the store before 1983. But in 1983 a man called Jørgen or on english Joergen bought the toy store and named it Nicki Legetøj after his son Nicki :) Unfortunately it looks like after 30 years he closed the store, business was to slow :( I have tried to contact Jørgen about if he remembers anything about star wars toys from the 80s how it was selling it. How and where he bought it from to his store and if he has any pictures from his store with star wars on from the 80s. etc. etc. etc. I hope to hear from him but I do not expect it because his shop is closed. Here is a picture of Jørgen in his store, looks like he love toy :D

So far I have only found one star wars item from his store. The Ewok Combat Glider in a Kenner Box, but with a Palitoy sticker at the top of the box.

Pomse2001

Grand Master

The supermarket Netto. I have not found any information about the star wars toy have been sold before 1983 in Netto.
I have tried to contact Netto about star wars toys from the 80s. It could have been cool if they had old advertising with star wars from the 80s. Or if they could tell who and where they bought the star wars toy from in the 80s and when was the first time they sold star wars in Denmark. But I hit the brick wall again. Netto could not help me :( But so far I have found proof that Netto sold Clipper, Kenner and Tri-logo :D

It looks like they sold Clipper in Netto, There is Clipper stickers on the back on this 2 cardbacks 8)

It also looks like they sold Kenner ROTJ figures.

And Here is my first proof that Tri-logo also was sold in Denmark.

Pomse2001

Grand Master

BR, also known as Fætter BR, on English Cousin BR. BR is the biggest Toy Store in Denmark and have nearly 200 Toy Stores in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Faroe Island, Finland and Germany. I remember BR a lot from my childhood, many of my star wars childhood toys was bought in BR. Many of you may already know BR for their famous and cool price stickers. I have tried to contact BR about star wars toys from the 80s. Again it could have been cool if they had old advertising with star wars from the 80s. But they could tell me who and where they bought the star wars toy from in the 80s :shock: They told me they bought it from the producers Kenner, Palitoy, Meccano etc. etc. and not from importers :shock: So far I have found proof that BR sold Kenner, Palitoy, Canadian Kenner and Meccano stuff :D

Every Year BR made a Wish Book for christmas, so kids could see and tell mom and dad what they want for christmas. Here I have the Wish Book from 1984 with 2 pages of star wars toy :D

And here is a Donald Duck Comic from 1985 with a advertising from BR with Star Wars Toy :D

Another BR advertising cut out from a paper :D

Here is 3 POTF books from 3 different BR toy stores. They are stamped in the danish towns Esbjerg, Lyngby and Hvidovre :D

The earliest cardbacks I have found from BR is this ESB 45 Palitoy cardback.

This cardbacks is ROTJ Kenner cardbacks sold in BR.

Tri-logo was also sold in BR, here is a Wicket Tri-logo with a little part of the BR Stjerne Tilbud sticker from 1985, on english Star offer sticker.

Canadian cards was also sold in BR, here is a ROTJ Teebo on a canadian card with the famous star wars ckokpris sticker :D

The Palitoy ESB Millennium Falcon was sold in BR. BR used their own stickers on the boxes in which they wrote what types of batteries needed for the Millennium Falcon.

The SW Meccano X-Wing Fighter was sold in BR. Again BR used their own stickers on the boxes in which they wrote what types of batteries needed for the X-Wing Fighter. This is the first and only Meccano box I have ever seen with danish stickers on.

This is the ROTJ French/English Bilogo Scout Walker also with stickers from BR.

It looks like BR sold a lot of Palitoy here is the PDT-8 in a ESB Palitoy box.

Here are 2 AT-AT ROTJ bilogo boxes both with stickers from BR. Again BR used their own stickers on the boxes in which they wrote what types of batteries needed for the AT-AT.

BR also sold the Kenner Vehicle Maintenance Energizer :D

The Palitoy MTV-7 Multi-Terrain Vehicle was also sold in BR.

Here I have 2 European Bilogo Tie Interceptors both sold in BR, there is a sticker on both, that says it is moulded in France :D

The Kenner Ewok Village Action Playset was also sold in BR.

Tri-logo Sy Snootles And The Rebo Band with the famous star wars ckokpris sticker :D

Palitoy Tauntaun With Open Belly Rescue Feature was also sold in BR.

Bilogo Speeder Bikes sold in BR first with the famous star wars ckokpris sticker. Also one with a Barcode that was later sold for a very low price 4,95 DKR. This one must have been sold as one of the last star wars items in the shops before star wars was all gone in the late 80s.

Kenner Speeder Bikes was also sold in BR, those was much more expensive than the Bilogo so they must have been sold in the early ROTJ period.

Pomse2001

Grand Master

GK Legetøj, on English GK Toys. Is a Toy Store that I have never heard about in Denmark. I found out they have 11 stores today in Denmark. I will try
to contact them in the future. Maybe they can tell me more about star wars in the 80s.

Tri-logo was sold in GK Legetøj.

Here is a Bilogo Jabba the Hutt playset from GK Legetøj.

Pomse2001

Grand Master

A.B. Legetøj, on English A.B. Toys. I had never heard about this toystore before søren told me about it and helped me with some star wars stuff that he bought as a kid in the 80s in that toystore :D Maybe søren can tell us more about that store :wink: I will also try to contact them in the future. Maybe they can tell me more about star wars in the 80s.

2 Kenner ROTJ 77 back Star Destroyer commanders, this are the earliest cardbacks I have found from A.B. Legetøj.

2 Tri-logo Romba, both was sold in A.B. Legetøj.

2 Hybrid Tri-logo Snaggletooth cardbacks both sold in A.B. Legetøj :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master

Sct. Jørgen Boghandel, on English Sct. joergen bookstore. I had also never heard about this bookstore before. Unfortunately I learned it closed in 1995.
This is the first bookstore I have heard about selling star wars in the 80s :shock:

The Bilogo Speeder Bike was sold in Sct. Jørgen Boghandel.

Pomse2001

Grand Master

Bilka is a big hypermarket, with 17 stores in Denmark. My mom bought star wars toy with me in Bilka when I was a kid :D
I will also try to contact them in the future. Maybe they can tell me more about star wars in the 80s.

The earliest cardbacks I have found from Bilka is this Palitoy ROTJ 45 cardback.

This are the earliest Kenner cardbacks I have found from Bilka ROTJ 65 Kenner cardbacks.

Blika did also sell Kenner ROTJ 77 Cardbacks. Both Hammerhead cardbacks are made in Spain :D

Tri-logo was also sold in Bilka.

The Hybrid Tri-logo cards could also be found in Bilka.

Pomse2001

Grand Master

Kvickly is a Supermarket with 78 Stores in Denmark. In the 80s they sold Star Wars in Denmark.
They imported both Kenner and tri-logo to the stores in Denmark. I will also try to contact them in the future. Maybe they can tell me more about star wars in the 80s.

The earliest cardbacks I have found from Kvicky is this ROTJ 77 Kenner cardback.

Tri-logo was also sold in Kvickly.

Pomse2001

Grand Master

L T Legetøj, on English L T Toys. I do not know much about this store at the moment, but I will also contact them in the future.

The earliest cardbacks I have found from L T Legetøj is this ROTJ 77 Kenner cardback.

Pomse2001

Grand Master

I do not know where this cardbacks was sold. The stickers on them are Danish or seller have told me they were bought in Denmark but I can't ID which store they were sold in. Maybe I will learn more about them in the future :D

SW Palitoy Cardbacks.

ESB Palitoy cardbacks.

ROTJ Palitoy cardbacks.

ROTJ Kenner Cardbacks.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Thread have been updated, I have moved the danish stores from post 2 and given them each a post on page 6. I had no more room in post 2 :cry:

I have also added some more cardbacks that was sold in the stores Bilka, Metro and A.B. Legetøj :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom