Vintage Kenner Star Wars Collecting research survey

AresJ2X

Youngling
Hello fellow collectors,

My name is Becky Nash and I am an associate professor at the School of Criminology and Criminal Justice at California State University, Long Beach (CSULB). I would like to invite you to participate in a research study using Social Network Analysis methods to 1) map the online network of vintage Kenner Star Wars collectors, 2) examine how collectors conduct due diligence, and 3) analyze fraud victimization within the online collecting network. All survey responses will be completely anonymous and no individual identifying information will be collected. The survey takes about 20 minutes to complete, and the decision to participate in this study is completely voluntary. As a show of appreciation for your participation in this study, you can voluntarily enter a raffle (not linked to your survey responses) at the end of the survey for a chance to win one of twenty, $25 Amazon gift cards, or one of three vintage Star Wars-related prizes (Carded Admiral Ackbar on beater card, carded Paploo on cut card, and a loose lot of vintage SW action figures, accessories not included). Prize winners will be chosen by a random number generator. Like many of you in the collecting community, collecting vintage Kenner Star Wars toys is a long-time passion of mine and I hope this will be a fun activity for you to participate in.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via email:
[email protected]

Link to the online survey:

https://csulb.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4JzKdcIDe9UWDR4

QR Code to the online survey is attached:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Interesting survey- alarm bells went off initially when I saw the QR, so have removed it, just to be sure. I did the survey using the link. Good survey though, apart from reproductions are actually known as repro, not repo grrrr! :ROFLMAO:

AresJ2X

Youngling
All done.
Interesting survey- alarm bells went off initially when I saw the QR, so have removed it, just to be sure. I did the survey using the link. Good survey though, apart from reproductions are actually known as repro, not repo grrrr! :ROFLMAO:
Done. Good luck with the research study (y)
Cannot thank you all enough! Feel free to pass it around to friends too. I'm really excited for this project, so I really appreciate you all so much! Holler if you have any questions!

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I did the survey also. It's quite interesting, gets you thinking about your collecting habits. The questions towards the end made me realise how much you learn over time and how to not get stung. Amazing how it's evolved over just the ## years I've been doing it. Those at it in the 90's must have seen huge changes.

AresJ2X

Youngling
I did the survey also. It's quite interesting, gets you thinking about your collecting habits. The questions towards the end made me realise how much you learn over time and how to not get stung. Amazing how it's evolved over just the ## years I've been doing it. Those at it in the 90's must have seen huge changes.
Wow, love your insight and feedback! Thank you so much for taking it! I took myself and it really does make you think. I often deal with strangers and do not always do the best due diligence and I've also been stung a few times. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me and most important, keep on collecting ;)

Mosh

Padawan
My "Yes, I want to participate" button turned red and I couldn't answer the survey. :(

AresJ2X

Youngling
My "Yes, I want to participate" button turned red and I couldn't answer the survey. :(
Hi Mosh,

It should turn red, then you'll need to click the "next" button. It does not automatically go to the next page...sorry my friend. Let me know if I can help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom