Cool Childhood Photo - 2nd picture found.

SimpleSi

Youngling
Very nice collection. I only managed to get two figures - Han Solo and a Stormtrooper, which I still have. I kept them as they didn't take up much space 😅

sith-smith

Grand Master
Found another picture of my collection after I'd been hitting a few car boot sales in 92-94

90'S COLLECTION.jpg

sith-smith

Grand Master
Thanks guys.

That second photo was the result of some good finds at carboot sales. And really cheap finds. You should be able to spot the additional last 17 I managed to pick up. 50p each!

sith-smith

Grand Master
You did much better than me. My first mint loose Yak cost £25, and I miss those days too!
At the time, I had no real idea exactly how many figures existed. I only knew of 5 of last 17 (Lumat, Paploo, A-wing Pilot, Imperial Dignitary and Anakin). Recognised a few in the boxes of figures I saw, that looked like something in the films - that's how I got the Yak, Amanaman, Luke and Lando general (without a cape - though I didn't know he was meant to have one. It all came as a bit of a shock.

I also saw a luke endor minus the cape, 9D9 minus 1 arm, R2 minus the saber and a Barada which I initially thought wasn't a SW toy and someone else bought it!

I think back in those days, my initial focus was simply fulfilling childhood dream of having a massive stormtrooper/imperial army and finding a few pieces I never got as a kid, but really wanted, like a tie fighter

Latest posts

Top Bottom