Share your childhood collection

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I don't think we have done such a thread before, please correct me if I am wrong :unsure:

All members are welcome to share pictures of your childhood star wars vintage collection. If you do not have it anymore but can recreate it then you are also welcome to share it here in this thread.

In 2001 I did something very bad, I mixed my childhood stuff with vintage star wars that I have bought on ebay and from other collectors :rolleyes: So I only have a few items I know for sure that is from my childhood. But lucky me I can recreate my childhood collection from the good old 80s. On the picture I only know for sure that farmer luke with the bespin saber is from my childhood and the Y-Wing in the box. I have a few more figures from my childhood that I can ID but I did not want to use the time to look for them, so I replaced them with some others that look the same.

So here is the picture, this is what I had in the 80s of vintage star wars, not much if you ask me 😂

barndom ny.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I think this is a great idea for a thread, but speaking for myself, sadly I have none of my childhood Star Wars toys as I foolishly sold them all in the 80's, before seeing the error of my ways in the 90's :) . Recreating what I did have would also be difficult as I was fortunate to own quite a lot (most, but not all, of the Star Wars and Empire toys available here in the UK. I stopped collecting before Jedi came out! 😧), and everything I now have is safely displayed in various cabinets. However, I hope some other members will be able to contribute to the thread.

lejackal

Grand Master
This is mine (no pics sadly, although I have got one or two somewhere and have posted them before)

Vehicle wise I had an X Wing, Y Wing, Interceptor, AT-ST, Speederbike, MTV-7 and CAP-2.
Figures I had Luke FB, Vader, Leia Bespin, R2 Sensorscope, RL limbs Threepio, IG-88 with a bowcaster despite never owning Chewy, Stormtrooper, Dengar, Han Hoth, Luke Hoth, Wicket, Chirpa, Logray, Teebo, Lando Bespin, Luke X Wing, B Wing Pilot, General Madine, Ugnaught, AT-AT Commander, Lando Skiff, Ree Yees and an AT-ST driver. Pretty sure that's it, definitely didn't have anything fancy figure wise (in terms of loose value today) but was pretty lucky with the vehicles (in terms of cost back then)

I do occasionally consider getting the band back together but am yet to do it.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I think this is a great idea for a thread, but speaking for myself, sadly I have none of my childhood Star Wars toys as I foolishly sold them all in the 80's, before seeing the error of my ways in the 90's :) . Recreating what I did have would also be difficult as I was fortunate to own quite a lot (most, but not all, of the Star Wars and Empire toys available here in the UK. I stopped collecting before Jedi came out! 😧), and everything I now have is safely displayed in various cabinets. However, I hope some other members will be able to contribute to the thread.
Looks like I am not the only one who made an error. Maybe in the future you will get the items for your collection to recreate your childhood lot ;) Sounds like you had a huge and cool childhood collection before you sold it, I would have loved to see pictures of it :cool:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
This is mine (no pics sadly, although I have got one or two somewhere and have posted them before)

Vehicle wise I had an X Wing, Y Wing, Interceptor, AT-ST, Speederbike, MTV-7 and CAP-2.
Figures I had Luke FB, Vader, Leia Bespin, R2 Sensorscope, RL limbs Threepio, IG-88 with a bowcaster despite never owning Chewy, Stormtrooper, Dengar, Han Hoth, Luke Hoth, Wicket, Chirpa, Logray, Teebo, Lando Bespin, Luke X Wing, B Wing Pilot, General Madine, Ugnaught, AT-AT Commander, Lando Skiff, Ree Yees and an AT-ST driver. Pretty sure that's it, definitely didn't have anything fancy figure wise (in terms of loose value today) but was pretty lucky with the vehicles (in terms of cost back then)

I do occasionally consider getting the band back together but am yet to do it.
Thanks mate for sharing all this with us :) sounds like you also had a great childhood collection. If you ever put them together again or find the pictures then you are welcome to share them in the thread :cool:

I recently found some of my old Star Wars Collection in the loft. Most are well played with apart from Boba Fett. Think I was the only kid who didn't really like him? I have an AT-AT with the box but its missing its front canons. Hoping to be able to pick some up at some point but focusing on collecting the figures first. Also have a Rebo Band in the box but missing the microphones :(

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I recently found some of my old Star Wars Collection in the loft. Most are well played with apart from Boba Fett. Think I was the only kid who didn't really like him? I have an AT-AT with the box but its missing its front canons. Hoping to be able to pick some up at some point but focusing on collecting the figures first. Also have a Rebo Band in the box but missing the microphones :(
Congratulations mate, you are welcome to share pictures of your childhood lot ;) I never had Boba as you can see on my picture and I never saw him for sale in the stores where my mom and dad bought star wars for me. Yes maybe you were the only one who did not like him 😂

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Good idea for a thread, Lars! I kept most of mine (never had that much), but did the same as you and mixed them up with more recent purchases. After some careful detective work, I think I managed to sort them out. Most were obvious, but some took a little working out. I've put a little tape under the foot of all my childhood figures (Action Force as well), so they never get mixed again. Here's my childhood shelf in my display and a link to my Childhood Gallery thread ;) https://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/threads/my-childhood-focus.29864/

Attachments

• 20220817_135909.jpg
    20220817_135909.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 40

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Good idea for a thread, Lars! I kept most of mine (never had that much), but did the same as you and mixed them up with more recent purchases. After some careful detective work, I think I managed to sort them out. Most were obvious, but some took a little working out. I've put a little tape under the foot of all my childhood figures (Action Force as well), so they never get mixed again. Here's my childhood shelf in my display and a link to my Childhood Gallery thread ;) https://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/threads/my-childhood-focus.29864/
It is still a cool collection that you have, thanks for sharing it ;) Sounds like a good idea with the tape, I am not sure about if I can find more of them in my collection, I have to many figures. Also cool to see you have your childhood box for the snowspeeder :cool: I also had most of my cardbacks and boxes when I was kid. But my dad like to clean and one day when I came home from school he had thrown out all my cardbacks and boxes :mad:

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Luckily my childhood ones got kept. I didn't keep much else apart from the star wars stuff. These pictures are from a few years ago when I first got them out again with my son. Glad to still have them.
20151108_175652__01.jpg
20151107_161607__01.jpg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Good idea for a thread! I also don't have my full childhood collection, but a few figures survived amongst a box of die cast cars. So here's photos of my 'collection' sprawled all over the garden in the late 80s, and the five I still have left. I think it's cool that a couple of the ones I still have can be seen in the old photo, I think I can see Luke Jedi and Chewie :cool:

starwars2.jpg

childhood-figures.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Luckily my childhood ones got kept. I didn't keep much else apart from the star wars stuff. These pictures are from a few years ago when I first got them out again with my son. Glad to still have them.

Thanks for sharing your childhood lot with us (y) Cool that you still have it and also great to see that you still have the box for the rebel transporter :cool: Looks like your son is happy with your childhood lot ;) You have many cool things from your childhood and a huge collection, not many kids had the AT-AT :cool:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Good idea for a thread! I also don't have my full childhood collection, but a few figures survived amongst a box of die cast cars. So here's photos of my 'collection' sprawled all over the garden in the late 80s, and the five I still have left. I think it's cool that a couple of the ones I still have can be seen in the old photo, I think I can see Luke Jedi and Chewie :cool:

View attachment 176967

View attachment 176966
Thanks edd for sharing your childhood collection and a picture from your childhood with your star wars toy. What the **** did happen to the falcon ? did it crash in a space battle ? 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom