COO Guide 3.0

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Hey guys,

After years "in the making" the Coo Guide 3.0 will be published.

You can find the thread for the guide in the Reference Library here:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18176

Thanks for reading!

Wolff

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
The Coo Guide 3.0 is finally in the making!!! Working on all 21 ANH figures right now and I am sure I will deliver in a week or so (only ANH). :D

My main problem right now is: I cannot reach _ROG_. Dropped him a line but he is not answering. I need his okay for using some of his pics...hmmmmmm :p

I also need some other help, but people are working around the clock and trying to help! :D(i.e. Lee_M). Anyway: I also need some feedbacks from other guys I have lend a picture, so the process of "copyright" is just to be negotiated :p

I also have two figures in the mail that I need to complete the ANH line!

The Coo guide 3.0 will be huge IMO. It won't reach the "beauty" of the Coo guide 2.0 (that was never released), but I hope it will still be a usefull guide. It is "simple" (graphic wise) but very complete (I hope).

There will be tons of new Coos compared to the old Coo guide 1.0.

Enough with the talking, here is some previews. I really really hope you like it:

sw_benkenobi.jpg

sw_bobafett.jpg

I am sorry for the pictures (sometimes), but they were made over years. Starting all over would cost me too much time. I have a hard disk full of pictures made by by myself, and it is now up to finally get those sorted!!

Palifan

Sith Lord
These look great and really clear to follow. One thing I'm wondering though is are they in order of release? ( I'm talking about the way they are numbered one to three,)
Can't wait to see them all! * :D

Ian

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
This is fabulous news! I have used your older coo guide many times so can't wait for the latest reboot! On behalf of the collecting community at large many thanks for putting so much effort into this one!

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Palifan said:
These look great and really clear to follow. One thing I'm wondering though is are they in order of release? ( I'm talking about the way they are numbered one to three,)
Can't wait to see them all! * :D

Ian

Hey Ian,

The order of release.... it is not. :lol:
It would be impossible IMO to do so. As we know for example that we have HK and TW Luke already on SW 12back.

The numbers indicate the "coo families". That means all Coos that are assembeled to one number go together: Used together, were altered together...etc. That also indicates that they have a unique form/shape and mold.

So if you are looking at Fett i.e. there is three main molds. I will hopeully make additional sheets to each figure/character regarding the mold differences one day...LOL

jambobbyb said:
This is fabulous news! I have used your older coo guide many times so can't wait for the latest reboot! On behalf of the collecting community at large many thanks for putting so much effort into this one!

Thank you very much. I hope you will enjoy the new one ;)

Wolff

Joe

Grand Master
3.0- The complete COO guide coming to a forum near you..soon!

Looking forward to seeing this Wolff, will this be your final guide?

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Joe said:
3.0- The complete COO guide coming to a forum near you..soon!

Looking forward to seeing this Wolff, will this be your final guide?

Thanks Joe,

I guess so.....maybe I will ...in a future far far away...add the molding differences.... ;)

A complete "Variant guide" is simply not possible for me: too much time...too much pictures....too much stress.

I would like to at least leave sth. in the forums for all the years I promised guides and havent released one complete one...LOL

Cc4rhu said:
Wolff my girlfriend is asking for an apology for the many hours I'm now going to be spending looking at your guide. Thanks!

Huh??? :lol:

My wife is demanding an apology for the many hours I have spent to do this.....just for those freaks "out there"!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nevermind... an honest apology to you, "Cc4rhu's girlfriend"! :mrgreen:

How do you all like the progress on the two pics above??

After many many many emails, pms and so on I added:

- small numbers, so that you all can better refer to the pics. Doesn't really make sense IMO but I hope it helps to "talk" the guide

- I was really personally against "labeling" them again, but well....your wish....hope you like it :D

Wolff

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks for getting back to me about the COO order Wolff. It all makes sense to me and a big thanks for putting all the time into this amazing guide (even if it does me a lot of silent nights for our other halves!).

Ian

itfciain

Grand Master
Arrrgh - this is going to make my OCD even worse - I am going to end up with loads of each figure just because of a slight variation in COO length!!

Great work mate - looking forward to seeing this up and running

Jedi_june

Sith Lord
Wow Wolff can't wait to see this guide :shock: you are the man! Thank yo for all the hard work and dedication you put into these guides.

Oh and how's the Jabba sail barge going? Are you done, I was away for awhile and just wondering on your progress.

Thanks & cheers,
June

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Palifan said:
Thanks for getting back to me about the COO order Wolff. It all makes sense to me and a big thanks for putting all the time into this amazing guide (even if it does me a lot of silent nights for our other halves!).

Ian

No problem at all Ian...you're welcome!

A lot of things need to be reworked....the guys nuke me with help and suggestions....I thought I would be done by tonight besides a few, but well..all needs to be reworked now...

need a shower, a beer (lets make it six), and well....a massage...LOL

itfciain said:
Arrrgh - this is going to make my OCD even worse - I am going to end up with loads of each figure just because of a slight variation in COO length!!

Great work mate - looking forward to seeing this up and running

LOOOOOOL. Nahh...you not need to. Even I have still to lend pictures ;)

The aim will be to get things "sorted". No need to have everything...believe me ;)

Jedi_june said:
Wow Wolff can't wait to see this guide :shock: you are the man! Thank yo for all the hard work and dedication you put into these guides.

Oh and how's the Jabba sail barge going? Are you done, I was away for awhile and just wondering on your progress.

Thanks & cheers,
June

Hey June,

great you are back!!!!

Sadly there wasn't much progress on the Sailbarge.... :/

Will do my best, but at the moment I have not the nerves for "practical" work :lol:

Best

Wolff

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
So...again an enhanced version....

(damn...I could have called the new coo guide on ANH: Coo guide ANHanced :lol: :lol: :lol: )

I hope you like the changes! I am personally thinking now everthing is better klooking and easier to understand?!?!? I tried to take the suggestions that were made serious.

I hope you like were this is going??

sw_benkeno.jpg

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Thank you!! Framboy is done already...you will love it once published ;)

Okay, this is going well:

- 15 sheets are done (about 200 Coos)
- 2 more will be finished today!

Then we 17 that needs to be reviewed by my team ...LOL...we are actually two guys! And I am happy Lee is helping me so much!!! :cheers:

So what is left??
4 more sheets:
- Leia
- R5
- R2
- Luke Pilot.

Okay...these 4 troublemakers will last I guess, but I think the rest could go online on Monday! :cheers:

Wolff

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
jackabina said:
Where on line can I view these Wolff?
Awesome work BTW :mrgreen:

They will published soon!! (Monday I guess)

20 sheets finished...need a last reading, but they look good!

The last sheet I will try to make tomorrow!

You can then click on the SW (ANH) symbol on my first post OR go directly to:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/a-guide-to-loose-figures/introduction-coos/coo-guide-3-0/anh/#ANH

As said: not up yet.... ;)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Wolff, this is an amazing effort and as has been said a massive thank you, for all us Freaks out there :lol: :lol:
Whenever I buy a figure, out comes the magnifying glass and I always check the coo and use your guide as the reference, it's invaluable, so the new version will be fantastic, and used by many people.

Big thank you to you ( and Lee)

Outstanding :D :D

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Looking good Wolf, I can appreciate a little just how much work & endless hours have gone in to making the new guide, I for one would like to throw you a huge thanks for putting all the effort in for the community & to further understanding on coo's.

I know you don't want any requests as its a headache which I fully appreciate, but (there's always a but) is there any way of adding more details as to which coo's you think belong to each manufacturer like you have done with the ledy's as I think it would be invaluable, well to me it would for one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom