Clumsy star wars mishaps

lee gray

Sith Lord
With all this Toytoni talk, it reminded me of a few clumsy moments i have had.
I am a pretty clumsy person, one of the reasons i like my figures protected in Acrylic.
When I lived with my parents i got a carded POTF Emperor from David Oliver shop the twilight zone and would take it everywhere in the house with me, went to sit down to watch the TV and sat on it, at first no damage seemed to appear until i looked at the back of the card where there was now a huge crease where the bubble was.

then i got a carded trilogo yak face from brianstoys, when it arrived in a star case i noticed a bit of dust on the bubble so went to open it up to wipe the dust off and after such a struggle it finally opened for my hand to fall straight onto the card and crease it...I can still remember now how depressed I was after that.

and just a few years ago i got a carded fett from toytoni , put it on my bed and forgot about it and sat on it and crushed the bubble, rang Toni up to tell him what happened and I ordered another fett from him and sold the damaged bubble one for a bit cheaper, at no point did Toni say send the card back and I will put a new bubble on it for me :)

Anyone else been clumsy ?

Richard_H

Grand Master
Not me exactly but my kids are terrible. I've lost 3 endor black blasters. They're somewhere in my house or up the hoover.
A 12" Chewie I recently purchased when I took it out the box the leg came off in my hands. :( Bought another to replace it though as it was well packaged and I think it was just bad luck.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I dropped a ROTJ Leia Poncho once and a piece of the bubble came off. Thankfully not the most expensive figure to replace!

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
I am Mr Clumsy, it's in my genes I'm afraid :lol:

However, collecting low grade mocs etc, this doesn't become to serious a problem.

Was gutted however on finding an early bird LFB in a local antiques shop, mixed in with other loose figs, think I paid a fiver, complete with original saber with tip...result :D I was reall chuffed, then my daughter and wife conspired for me and my sons bday to put the Luke and Vader on top of the cake :shock: , they changed their minds and bought black series for the cake, but the LFB returned to me 2 weeks later with a repro saber :? ( daughter in law went online and thought that'll do :roll: ) anyway she found the original saber a few days later in the bottom of her handbag. MINUS the tip FFS :!:

Therein lies a lesson, lock up you loosies :roll:

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
when i was growing up, i swapped my thunderpunch he-man for a walrusman, was gutted weeks later because i loved thunderpunch, it was great fun.

non star wars i left my optimus prime on a bench outside the british museum, we went back 10 minutes later and it was gone, i cried all the way home :(

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
pizzathehutt said:
when i was growing up, i swapped my thunderpunch he-man for a walrusman, was gutted weeks later because i loved thunderpunch, it was great fun.

non star wars i left my optimus prime on a bench outside the british museum, we went back 10 minutes later and it was gone, i cried all the way home :(

He probably transformed to protect the museum against decepticons, the rest is history :lol:

Btw thunderpunch for Wally is a good swap in my book 8) eh?....Jnr C :D

itfciain

Grand Master
I've had a couple - nothing very serious but I dropped a Bib Fortuna that I had sold to Matt, just as I was packing him up - cost me £12.50 as a refund !

The other one, more gutting was when I got my POTF Skiff through from the States - I'd always wanted to own one of these and as I busily set about putting it together, I pressed a bit too hard on one of the railing and broke off one of the support pieces - I was really annoyed - the thing had survived minty mint until I got my grubby hands on it - think I packed it away and haven't ever looked at it again :(

x-pack

Grand Master
Nothing really. Once dropped a Hoth Stormtrooper gun down a crack in the floor boards at our old house. It was there for years and I could see the damn thing. Eventually I had pissed about trying to fish it out so much that the damned thing disappeared from view :evil: These days I would probably take up a floor board for one of those :roll:

jackabina

Sith Lord
About 18 months ago, a fire extiguisher went off under our bed. At the time, ALL my MOC's were being stored. Everything got covered!!

lee gray

Sith Lord
darthsatan said:
I've snapped a Vader inner DT saber part. Genuine.
Then I superglued it to my finger.
Beat that. :p

lol

itfciain said:
when I got my POTF Skiff through from the States - I'd always wanted to own one of these and as I busily set about putting it together, I pressed a bit too hard on one of the railing and broke off one of the support pieces - I was really annoyed - the thing had survived minty mint until I got my grubby hands on it - think I packed it away and haven't ever looked at it again :(

lol

jay4

Jedi Knight
i had a bad time about 2 summers ago . i decided to an inventory of sorts so i knew what i had moc wise so got the boxes out, i opend one and started to lay them on the floor behind me so i could hover above with a pen and paper , anyway long story short my misses came up the stairs opened the room door to see what i was upto inturn the door hit my arse as i was bent over so i fell forward onto around the 12 cards i had laid side by side i tryed my best as i was going down to place my hands as good as i could but sadly my right hand landed over a leia bespin esb card which slid along the carpet forcing me to basicly tombstone the rest of the cards with my upper body .ended in completely smashing an imp dghtry potf card bubble , cracking 2 jedi card bubbles and crushing/smashing open a 21bk stormtrooper , needlesly to say i blamed the other half :shock: :lol: :lol: one good thing the leia bespin survived it with no damage at all . now i keep my moc behind 8mm shower wall safety glass so i cant wreck em

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
darthsatan said:
I've snapped a Vader inner DT saber part. Genuine.
Then I superglued it to my finger.
Beat that. :p

Fantastic stuff!! I'm both laughing and crying at the same time :lol:

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
Btw thunderpunch for Wally is a good swap in my book 8) eh?....Jnr C :D

Deal of the ****in' century :wink:

Love your LFB story Michael. Some other crackers in this thread too.

DT Saber and super glue, ouch :shock:

poncho

Grand Master
bought a lando general or ebay it came in a jiffy bag the gun(black palace blaster) fell on the floor, never seen it since! :cry:

lee gray

Sith Lord
jay4 said:
i had a bad time about 2 summers ago . i decided to an inventory of sorts so i knew what i had moc wise so got the boxes out, i opend one and started to lay them on the floor behind me so i could hover above with a pen and paper , anyway long story short my misses came up the stairs opened the room door to see what i was upto inturn the door hit my arse as i was bent over so i fell forward onto around the 12 cards i had laid side by side i tryed my best as i was going down to place my hands as good as i could but sadly my right hand landed over a leia bespin esb card which slid along the carpet forcing me to basicly tombstone the rest of the cards with my upper body .ended in completely smashing an imp dghtry potf card bubble , cracking 2 jedi card bubbles and crushing/smashing open a 21bk stormtrooper , needlesly to say i blamed the other half :shock: :lol: :lol: one good thing the leia bespin survived it with no damage at all . now i keep my moc behind 8mm shower wall safety glass so i cant wreck em

I did laugh at bold

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great idea for a thread, like everyone else I'm laughing but saying "oh no" at the same time :lol:

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
I am sure i told this On here allready, but this fits in this thread. So i'll keep it short for this story.

I bought a 20 Back R5-D4 in like C8 condition. I wanted to put it in an acrylic case to put it On display. Now Whilst i wanted to insert it in the case, the edge off the Card scratched along the guide rail in the case leaving some edgewear, so took the Card and held it as straight as possible Whilst i pushed it further in (dumb move i know). At a certain point i got stuck and changed my minded, so i startted pulling the Card out again, offcourse i could not help the Card in the case, causing it to scrape badly along the guide rail now causing the whole left Side edge off the Card to be damaged/scraped.

I just ruined a nice moc, **** i felt bad.
Since then i came up with the paper guider idea to insert a moc in an acrylic case.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom