Clearing out my parents' house...

PGowdy

Grand Master
I've read what you've said and i get your points about not low balling or giving dishonest valuations. That just wasn't the point at the beginning here. It also wasn't what happened here so again, the relevance of that argument to this thread and the point of expressing interest in someone's good is a little lost on me. That's all.

Joe

Grand Master
PGowdy said:
I thought the one that sold for $150 sold after the valuations were given. It was my belief that valuation are given on known past sales... i'm not sure where else numbers can be got from.
I don't know about this Jawa cardback as i've personally not seen any for sale but if indeed they were the finishing prices and valuations were given based on that then that's all people can do. If people are giving low, false valuations then that's a different matter.

Here it is again Pete and for anyone else that missed it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220787553610#ht_500wt_1156

As I said and stand by, if the highest I had seen one sell for was £54 which works out less than 50 after ebay+paypal fee's - how on earth is 30-40 quid cash an insulting offer? (and a starting offer at that!!) Sure it sold for more after all was said and done but no-one offered him a fiver or told him it was worthless.

We can't predict what will happen on ebay at any given time, we saw a Trilogo Ree Yees sell for over £200 the other month for no apparent reason and we KNOW his value is between £25-40 max! We also know people on ebay OVERPAY or get caught in bidding wars. Well done to Shane for his sale, it is now the highest sale price which now puts a card value on a trilogo jawa between 50-100 if you wan't to go that route but that doesn't mean tomorrow one won't sell for less on ebay or anywhere else.

Joe

Grand Master
What I think might be an idea for the future, so we can just stop the arguing is:

If you see something come up for valuation that you are interested in, post to say you are interested on the thread + PM the seller to notify them so they can get back to you but not value it yourself, I would be cool with that.

Just a simple - "once you have worked out the price for ____ let me know as I am interested" then buyer + seller can discuss it from there.

Is that some kind of accepted middle ground so we can move on now? I still think it's worth remembering that no-one here who offered prices or values for any items they were interested in really tried to **** anyone, all the offers and values were reasonable considering the items go into collectors hands and the sellers pay no fees to a site like ebay.. Peace?

jimmymindtricks

Jedi Master
an item is only worth as much as someo,e is willing to pay

imo its eazy to say , its worth this or it should be sold for this ............

even tho some things just dont make sence , for example , yak of blue snag loose , is going for more then a macoa bikerscout

and if you check ebay theres always a twenty something for sale , but look for a macoa scout and there's none

anyway like i said items are oly worth what the higest bidders is willing to pay

and if you really want a valueation , the put it on ebay , then post a link in ebay sections on all the vintage forums

plain and simple ,

and on a site note , i think 75 procent of the topics in valuation threads gets offers specialy , if you start with saying looking to sell

just my two cents

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom