champions league

jayjedi

Sith Lord
liverpool where the only team trying to win , they deserved it, kuyt's goal should have stood.
hope we get a dream final of liverpool versus man utd . if not good luck in the final

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
jayjedi said:
liverpool where the only team trying to win , they deserved it, kuyt's goal should have stood.
hope we get a dream final of liverpool versus man utd . if not good luck in the final

i think you wil turn milan over though with that final at stake its sods law you get beat.i dont think 2 of the biggest teams from one country has ever met in the euro final have they

jayjedi

Sith Lord
craignwo4life said:
If United do get through I just hope both sets of fans behave themselves....

as its in athens then it should put the wankers off travelling that far for a fight. if the italian police are anything to go by its them you should be worried about

boba frett

Jedi Master
Well done Liverpool! Was willing them on the whole match just to wipe that smug look off mourinho's face :D

United V Liverpool final would be great for English football. Lets hope Fergie plays O'shea, who seams to have a personal dislike for scousers this year :lol:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
thats cause he is a anfield reject ,

dont you think it just makes more sense to have the final here if its 2 english clubs

jayjedi

Sith Lord
oh well that has saved us all a load of hassle :lol: good luck the scousers in the final , i at least will be able to watch it without having sweaty hands, high blood pressure and the danger of wanting to smash the tv if we lost :lol: :lol:

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Well said Jay :?
First and last time for this, but good luck to the scousers against Milan :shock:
Milan played well, but liverpool have got the psycological advantage :wink:
Just start praying now for Gattuso, Kaka and Seedorf to get injured :D

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
roundster said:
Well said Jay :?
First and last time for this, but good luck to the scousers against Milan :shock:
Milan played well, but liverpool have got the psycological advantage :wink:
Just start praying now for Gattuso, Kaka and Seedorf to get injured :D

who :shock: your forgetting carra ,stevie and kuyt

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
I haven't seen Milan play since the 2005 final so I don't how how good they are but any team that scores 5 goals against United over 2 games is very dangerous.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I haven't seen any of the United AC game, I was away all day yesterday and missed the whole thing.

But, for what it's worth I reckon United have still had a bloody good season (and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way).
Considering the squad they have, and I'm looking beyond Rooney, Ronaldo and the ageing Giggs, Scholes, G Neville. I think if you had offered Fergy (or any United fan) a 5 point lead in the league with 2 games to play(ie, league won), an FA cup final and a defeat in the Champions league semi's they would probably have bitten your hand off!
The likes of O'shea (yes, he scores goals against Liverpool), Richardson, Saha, Park, and Fletcher are nothing more than competent/better than average Premiership players. None are Champions league standard and that is where United have fallen. They have been reasonably lucky all season with injuries and suspensions, until now! The lack of depth in the squad (and possibly Fergy's lack of rotation) has been exposed, I guess you could argue that the likes of Scholes, Giggs and Neville may be starting to feel their age (more than the AC players beacuse the Premiership is so much faster and more physical) but still to be (apparently) so comprehensively out played can't solely be blamed on United's DIRE away record in Europe over the last few seasons and a collective 'off' night.

Still, a great season for United, more so if Liverpool lose! :wink:

And, for the record I expect AC to win in Athens, they owe us one and Liverpool are due a bad game in Europe, I just feel it's gonna come in Athens! :? (But, then I am a pesimistic bastard! :lol: )

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Ohh and as for Chelsea, I've yet to hear a single person (Liverpool, United, Chelsea or other fan) agree with Mourinho, and I'm sure Abramovich won't either!

But, Mourinho was on his way out anyway so it's irrelevant. Hopefully whoever comes in can get Chelsea playing something other than Wimbledon style long-ball football!
For a Ã'£500 Million investment I'd be expecting at least a shred of entertainment when I watched my team play.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom