Andy Preston's showcase - British SW memorabilia

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Website update today - I've added a few recent acquisitions as follows...

Accessories - Added Palitoy Jedi store display poster
Toys & Games - Added bootleg X-wing game
School Supplies - Added HCF Fancy Set, Panini Jedi stickers, and updated Factors stickers.
Household - Added Crown wallpaper section, House of Ratcliff blanket sample, and Penshiel UK pyjama top
Print Media - Added Marvel Collection, Child Education Quarterly magazine
Fan Club - Added Bantha Tracks tee-shirt
Sound & Vision - Added Meco single, Mattel Intellivision game, Lighting effects wheel
Production - Added R2-D2 Crew pin and Andor 'To The Set' sign

www.ukstarwars.com

Last edited:

morrid12

Padawan
Hi Andy,
New member of the forum. Love your Palitoy collection. Am connecting with the world of SW figures again after decades. Would love to work towards a Palitoy figure collection. How realistic or achievable that is these days I don't know but your collection is a great inspiration.

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Hi Andy,
New member of the forum. Love your Palitoy collection. Am connecting with the world of SW figures again after decades. Would love to work towards a Palitoy figure collection. How realistic or achievable that is these days I don't know but your collection is a great inspiration.
Hi morrid12, sorry, just seen your post. Thanks for the kind words!

You don't say whether you mean to collect loose or carded figures. In most cases loose Palitoy figures are generally the same as Kenner, and they are plentiful and, mostly, affordable. Carded unfortunately is another story nowadays - I was lucky to get most of my collection in the 90s and early 2000s when these things were cheaper. Unless you're a wealthy man, or prepared to build up a collection over a long time, a full carded run will be very hard. A lot of Palitoy collectors have instead gone for resealed figures, or ones with cut bubbles, or just the used cardbacks, which are a lot more affordable.

Good luck with it and don't forget to post your growing collection here!

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
It's a wet afternoon, so I've had a change around in my cabinet, this time to showcase my Palitoy playsets - Cantina, Droid Factory and Land of the Jawas. The bottom shelf holds the variant box for the Cantina (no special offer sticker) and the variant colour Droid Factory. Sadly no room for the Death Star!

75A16AFE-27E0-46BA-AE58-7359BBB0D85D.jpeg
9419A521-922F-4635-A91C-6ED4995EBAF2.jpeg
B0C09ADE-62DE-4C89-AC8A-EA1A5F7B191B.jpeg
9ABB2337-62CA-41D0-95E8-3EA997F0A58A.jpeg
FF00408C-2089-4C2B-9A83-975B81DA0F3C.jpeg

Palifan

Sith Lord
You've been holding out on us Andy!

That's a lovely new display of boxed items and the figures in front of them add an extra bit of punch :)

Ian

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
New Detolf display time! These are some of my bootleg British Star Wars items from the 70s and 80s - the other items, like mirrors, posters and laser swords, won't fit. I keep my collecting to items that were sold in Britain during the vintage period - there aren't many pieces that fit this description, but it's a fun area to collect.

Please let me know if you can think of any pieces that I'm missing, thanks.
BB1ED73D-573A-4EA3-80FF-364745AB8D95.jpeg
0CD3E0B6-A53F-4C1C-A3E3-0848BCDC8273.jpeg
AE2EED41-8A67-4026-B648-3B1727F8E47E.jpeg
E9C6AE97-75AF-4024-B33D-A106DB2E1598.jpeg
4F4DD381-286B-47C8-B6EF-B398B1D49AF4.jpeg

Palifan

Sith Lord
You always deliver Andy and this new display is no exception! Great idea for a focus and some really unique items you have in there.

Really great to see :)

Ian

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I've put up a small update to my website, as follows -

Toys & Games - Added Palitoy Playnts insert and plush Wicket with tag
School Supplies - Updated Thomas Salter, Factors and Fun Products images
Household - Added Factors and Bootleg tee-shirts
Print media - Added Punch Out & Make It and ESB Panorama books
Cinema - Added MTFBWY promo badge and Rank envelope with tickets
Production - Added Falcon Air Evac and Erik Kold Plast containers

The web address is www.ukstarwars.com

Thanks, Andy

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
It's been way too long since I had a cabinet reshuffle - a wet weekend was the perfect opportunity to get back in the loft and go through some boxes! This time I'm showcasing the various media for viewing Star Wars in your own home - Super 8, video, and laserdisc. All of these are British releases, or were sold in Britain.
Video (5).jpg
Video (1).jpg
Video (2).jpg
Video (3).jpg
Video (4).jpg

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I've added a few odds and ends to the website recently - www.ukstarwars.com

Accessories - added Palitoy 1981 and 1982 catalogues
Toys & Games - added Palitoy Poster Art colouring posters
School supplies - added Letraset large transfers full run
Food - added unused ESB Lyons Maid wrapper and 1980 Thermos SW lunchbox and flask set
Household - Added Penshiel UK pyjama top & carded C-3PO money bag
Print Media - added Sphere ESB press release, Lewis Meeson Xmas catalogue, hardback Splinter novel, Scandecor MTFBWY & 'pointy W' SW Heroes posters
Sound & Vision - added RSO ESB press release, and SW Super 8 reel with Newquay shop sticker
Cinema - added Rhodesian SW premiere programme and updated ROTJ cinema window stickers photo
Production- Added ESB press release folder, Andor Props Dept shirt and R2-D2 manipulator arm grabber

Last edited:

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
I've added a few odds and ends to the website recently - www.ukstarwars.com

Accessories - added Palitoy 1981 and 1982 catalogues
Toys & Games - added Palitoy Poster Art colouring posters
School supplies - added Letraset large transfers full run
Food - added unused ESB Lyons Maid wrapper and 1980 Thermos SW lunchbox and flask set
Household - Added Penshiel UK pyjama top & carded C-3PO money bag
Print Media - added Sphere ESB press release, hardback Splinter novel, Scandecor MTFBWY & 'pointy W' SW Heroes posters
Sound & Vision - added RSO ESB press release, and SW Super 8 reel with Newquay shop sticker
Cinema - added Lewis Meeson Xmas catalogue, Rhodesian SW premiere programme and updated ROTJ cinema window stickers photo
Production- Added ESB press release folder, Andor Props Dept shirt and R2-D2 manipulator arm grabber
Thats an amazing collection Andy !

Latest posts

Top Bottom