Ahsoka

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Love the comparison pic- he's clearly hit his 40's :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, it did make me laugh.
Think he's supposed to be in 60s isn't he?
If so, I think we can forgive him a Dad bod at this point 🤣

As for the 'female agenda' thing, I personally have nothing against prominent female roles.
The Ahsoka series has its flaws. Having prominent female roles is NOT one of them.

I'm just questioning the business decision of pushing female characters to the forefront (usually at the expense of legacy male characters), of an IP that traditionally appealed to a male audience.

The piles of Holdo, Tico, Reva and Rey figures currently warming pegs, should be an indicator that all is not well.

My two nephews love SW.
From what I can see, none of the female characters resonate with them. They naturally gravitate towards the male characters (Poe and Anakin respectively) and the respective toys.

Disney can push the female characters all they want, it wont appeal to boys (the main audience demographic).
Not misogyny, just the way of the world.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Still not getting the mysandry stuff at all. I'm part of the traditional male fanbase and don't feel spurned at all. I think they definitely want more girls getting into SW, so there are way more women in prominent roles now, which is surely a good thing? It's great to see loads of girls dressing up as Rey for World Book Day every year- a nice alternative to Hermione! With Ashoka, we all knew it would be female heavy, due to the Rebels storyline, created by Dave Filoni (a man!). This story is his baby and I don't believe for a moment that he has mysandry in his agenda, neither do I believe any of the KK conspiracy theories, where she waterboarded him into doing it.
Just for reference, the leads in the SW TV shows:
Mando 1- male
Mando 2- male
Mando 3- male
BBF- male
Obi-wan- male
Andor- male
Ashoka- female
It's not the main characters that are the issue, it's what they do to them, although if we're doing a count:

The Farce Awakens - female
Rogue One - female
The Last Insult - female
Solo - male
The Rise of Palpatine - female

The problem stems from how they treat each gender's characters. Rey for example was instantly brilliant at everything; she could fly the Falcon at the first attempt, she was superb with a lightsaber the very first time she used one defeating the far more experienced and trained Kylo, and then ludicrously, also Luke at the first attempt too. She could wield the Force without a single second of training right from the word go manipulating Stormtroopers to do her bidding, etc. She had no hero's journey because she didn't need to make one; she was perfect straight out of the box.

Finn by contrast was treated pretty shabbily (as was poor John Boyega by Disney). He started out mostly OK in TFA, but was then instantly turned into a coward, relegated to a side character and sent on a pointless side-quest in TLJ, just so he could be upstaged by the phenomenally irritating Rose Tico. Poe Dameron likewise started reasonably well, only to be treated like an utter imbecile and insulted to boot by the god-awful Holdo, even though he was in the right.

Luke was so despised by KK she wouldn't even have him in TFA until his 'blink and you'll miss it' cameo at the end, and then we all know the disgusting character and actual assassination of him in TLJ, completely reversing and overturning absolutely everything we know about his character prior to that dreadful film.

Han Solo was turned into a deadbeat bad dad and an idiot who isn't even competent enough to hang onto his own spaceship, before being killed off in TFA.

Lando was held in such utter contempt they didn't even bother including him in the first 2 films, and only wheeled him out for the 3rd one to appease angry fans when they realised they'd done away with Luke and Han.

By all accounts, KK's main focus seems to have been on the sequel trilogy and her self-insert, the amazing wonder Rey, and hence Rogue One and Solo (with another pair of self-insert petite, white brunette leading ladies) were farmed out to others who were more or less left to their own devices (look at how far Lord and Miller progressed on Solo before their work was noticed, deemed unsatisfactory, and Ron Howard brought in). Rogue One was excellent (the only truly good SW film Disney have made, IMHO, albeit a film definitely saved in the edit by all accounts) and is a great example of a strong, likeable female lead character that works well and isn't an irritating Mary Sue. That film was so good we didn't even notice or care at the time that none of the heroes, but all of the villains were white men. With hindsight, KK's influence on the casting is obvious. Solo however worked much less well, in part doubtless due to the troubled production issues, but also idiotic choices like making Phoebe Waller Bridge into a super-annoying robot to upstage Han.

As for the TV stuff, Jon Favreau was reportedly initially left to his own devices for Mando, and succeeded admirably for 2 seasons, even thrilling fans with the return of Luke Skywalker as a hero (something KK and her crowd utterly despised by all accounts. They famously even had a picture of Luke with a red 'X' drawn across his face in the Lucasfilm offices).

1695473019748.png

Capture.JPG

Jon included the brilliant Cara Dune, another excellent, believable and likeable female character that the fans quickly embraced. But Gina Carano was right-wing, and hence had to go as she didn't fit KK's woke agenda or her bullshit narrative about fans hating strong female characters (which has never been true), and so they did a hatchet job on poor Gina, seriously slandering her into the process and lying that she was transphobic when she very clearly was not. KK's jealousy of Favreau's success didn't stop there however, since, having crippled the story Jon had prepared beyond season 2 of Mando by removing Gina Carano, the 'Rangers of the New Republic' show that was to star Gina had to be canned, and Mando season 3 and The Book of Boba Fett both needed drastic overhauling, resulting in the messes we were given. Filoni also seems to have been given far more input / control over Mando season 3, which is why we saw Mando pushed aside in his own show and Bo Katan elevated in his place. Paz Viszla (the character played by Favreau) was even killed off, a decision viewed by many as Favreau's coded way of saying he lost his battle to save Star Wars.

The Obi-Wan Kenobi show was originally due to centre on Obi-Wan, Anakin/Vader and a threat to Luke, however KK's Lucasfilm apparently deemed this far too male, and so they invented the unlikeable character of Reva (and bated the fans by calling them racists ahead of the show even airing into the bargain!) and switched Luke to Leia, a move which made no sense at all. Obi-Wan was of course also character assassinated, turning him into weak and feeble loser who's buried his lightsaber and can barely even use the Force any longer. His one and only remaining purpose in life, to watch over and protect Luke, is happily tossed aside when he is ludicrously asked by Bail Organa to track down his missing daughter Leia (because a member of the Alderaan Royal Family would have no security guards of his own to competently protect or track down his kidnapped daughter). And to make matters worse, they made Leia into a super-annoying miniature girl-boss... because of course they did.

Elsewhere, Warwick Davies wasted his time in the 'Willow' TV series, where he too was relegated to a poor secondary character in his own show, and was upstaged by all the brilliant, capable and competent girl-bosses surrounding him (the other male characters featured were all weak and or idiots and or killed off). That show was so dreadful, after its piss-poor ratings Disney removed it from Disney+ as a tax write-off.

And then we come to the 'Indiana Jones and the Dire Dysentery' debacle. KK was so hellbent on destroying Indy's character, portraying him as a weak and feeble old man upstaged at every turn by yet another self-insert in the shape of the phenomenally annoying Phoebe Waller-Bridge's character, multiple very credible sources report that for the longest time KK wanted to kill off Indy and have Phoebe Waller-Bridge's character actually BECOME Indiana Jones. KK is even on record after the film was released, still insisting that Phoebe could yet take over the role.... except that the film was an atomic bomb, which is estimated to lose Disney somewhere in the region of $300 million and hence (thank god) there will be no further Indy with Phoebe.

To sum up, most of the cinema-going and TV watching audience (myself included) have no problem with female lead characters (some of my very favourite film and TV characters are female - Ripley, Sarah Connor, Beatrix Kiddo, Leia, Ahsoka) or in equality. But in KK's world she doesn't want equality; women must always be better than men, who themselves must be torn down and put in their place. She did it with Luke, Han, Finn, Poe, Lando, Obi-Wan, Mando, Willow and Indy. Yes, she absolutely is a misandrist.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this. I don't believe for one moment that KK hates Luke and sabotaged him and the other leading males because of some mysandrist agenda. There's so much conspiracy theory stuff flying around and downright unpleasant, nasty, completely fabricated, hearsay stuff from a bunch of people who don't like the choices Disney have made. A few years ago, i used to find myself watching this sort of stuff on Youtube, but realised that literally none of it was based in substantiated facts and never, ever came true. There's probably a little truth here and there, but most of it seems to be exaggerated or just plain old make believe to me. There's very little to no proper, factual evidence about most of this stuff.

I respect that some people don't like the choices Disney (absolutely not just KK) have made (I don't like some, myself), but what I don't like is the mega-toxic stuff, that is just blatantly made up.

Got a feeling we'll never agree on this, Jeremy! :ROFLMAO:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this. I don't believe for one moment that KK hates Luke and sabotaged him and the other leading males because of some mysandrist agenda. There's so much conspiracy theory stuff flying around and downright unpleasant, nasty, completely fabricated, hearsay stuff from a bunch of people who don't like the choices Disney have made. A few years ago, i used to find myself watching this sort of stuff on Youtube, but realised that literally none of it was based in substantiated facts and never, ever came true. There's probably a little truth here and there, but most of it seems to be exaggerated or just plain old make believe to me. There's very little to no proper, factual evidence about most of this stuff.

I respect that some people don't like the choices Disney (absolutely not just KK) have made (I don't like some, myself), but what I don't like is the mega-toxic stuff, that is just blatantly made up.

Got a feeling we'll never agree on this, Jeremy! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the reply, and I agree, we probably won't ever agree on this Andy, but I still enjoy talking about it :). And of course, it's also nice to discuss / debate something slightly controversial / contentious, with someone who doesn't agree with you, without either side resorting to name calling or insults! Thank you sir. You are, as ever, a complete gentleman!

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Quite an enjoyable episode, pace could have been a bit quicker in parts, but faster than some episodes.

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
I found it predictable, seeing OT plot points rehashed again. Debris field = Asteroid Field, Little turtle people = Ewoks.

Also I don't really follow Thrawn's decision making, but that may be me not being the military genius he reportedly is.

Those witches are also not scary at all.

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
What's with Disney's SW male protagonists rejecting their lightsabres??

I'm confused....
Is it some sort of Freudian subliminal message we're getting here?
Could it be the phallic symbol that KK wants us to spurn?
Has my dinkle been consigned to the dustbin of history?
Does it mean I have to give up golf and take up knitting?
Am I talking utter bollocks?
Who cares anymore.....

Harrumph!

Roll on Skeleton Crew The Acolyte Andor S2

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I found it predictable, seeing OT plot points rehashed again. Debris field = Asteroid Field, Little turtle people = Ewoks.

Also I don't really follow Thrawn's decision making, but that may be me not being the military genius he reportedly is.

Those witches are also not scary at all.
I agree Thrawn's decision making is a little bit strange, he should leave the galaxy fast and then ashoka, sabine and ezra are stranded in another galaxy since the whales only fly to that planet to die 😂 I think they need thrawns ship to get back to the other galaxy :unsure: the episode was a little short.

BabyAckbar

Padawan
@Snaketibe

At first I was amused by your rant but then I had to stop reading because it made me sad (genuinely) that this is going through some guy's mind.

There is no conspiracy and Kennedy doesn't hate Luke Skywalker. She simply made a bad decision in hiring Abrams and green lighting the Force Awakens. Sam the man at Disney that likewise approved it.

Any feminist agenda on the Force Awakens in regards to Rey's skills and abilities were committed by men.

And it was all men that wrote the sequels and two spin-offs - and Abrams had absolute creative control. He even bent Disney to his will on moving the release date.

take off the tin foil hat.

And to Holdo and Poe, you were clearly not watching the same LAST JEDI as the rest of us because Poe is completely in the wrong. He gets a load of pilots killed at the start and shows not a hint of regret that they died (for which Leia slaps him down) and he leads a mutiny against the commander that is trying to save everyone. Plus, all the people who died on the cloaked transports died because of him.

He is a pointless character and Oscar Isaac has no respect for either the franchise or the fans. In his own words.

Last edited:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
@Snaketibe

At first I was amused by your rant but then I had to stop reading because it made me sad (genuinely) that this is going through some guy's mind.

There is no conspiracy and Kennedy doesn't hate Luke Skywalker. She simply made a bad decision in hiring Abrams and green lighting the Force Awakens. Sam the man at Disney that likewise approved it.

Any feminist agenda on the Force Awakens in regards to Rey's skills and abilities were committed by men.

And it was all men that wrote the sequels and two spin-offs - and Abrams had absolute creative control. He even bent Disney to his will on moving the release date.

take off the tin foil hat.

And to Holdo and Poe, you were clearly not watching the same LAST JEDI as the rest of us because Poe is completely in the wrong. He gets a load of pilots killed at the start and shows not a hint of regret that they died (for which Leia slaps him down) and he leads a mutiny against the commander that is trying to save everyone. Plus, all the people who died on the cloaked transports died because of him.

He is a pointless character and Oscar Isaac has no respect for either the franchise or the fans. In his own words.
Thank you for another rude, patronising, and ignorant response. This will be the last time I ever communicate with you as I refuse to feed trolls.

BabyAckbar

Padawan
Another great episode with some top class action.

Finally we get to see a Jedi brawl with the Force.

The heroes don't have much time to try to sneak aboard the ring ship (I'm curious as to how the Star Destroyer is going to be attached) so it seems like Skoll is going to have no obstacles or distractions in his own quest.

I'm worried though Thrawn is not going to get the time in the sun that he deserves. He needs to bring the galaxy to its knees and be shown as an ultimate threat. Appearances in MANDO season 4 or SKELETON CREW are not enough and neither is one movie that is going to be packed to the rafters with heroes.

I think changing the crossover from series to film is nothing more than money saving.

Last edited:

BabyAckbar

Padawan
Thank you for another rude, patronising, and ignorant response. This will be the last time I ever communicate with you as I refuse to feed trolls.
Oh dear God, what have I done???

Imagine a rolling eyes emoji here.

Also, what do you mean by another? Don't think I've encountered you here before.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Is this the worst Star Wars content so far?
I'm not really a naysayer of Star Wars, more someone that thinks all Star Wars is good as it's good for someone, but I'm struggling even more than normal with this show.
For context, many may know already of course:
- I love The Last Jedi, the alternate and clever way to portray Luke compared to the obvious sycophantic option is perfect for me.
- I can't watch The Rise of Skywalker
- I would prefer to not watch The Force Awakens
- Book of Boba Fett is a fine cartoon, 1980's Sunday afternoon show, like knight rider or street hawk.. complete nonsense with terrible acting and unbelievable storyline.
- Mandalorian is fine… some killer episode, some utter gash.
- Andor, so good it makes everything else look quite painful at times
- Rogue One, very good, but overly put on a pedestal as greatness.
- Solo, almost as underrated as Rogue one is over rated.
Then we have Ashoka… it's so slow, and so stuffed with fan service nonsense I'm no longer watching it on release day, it's become more of a 'when I remember' show. I find that conceptually quite sad as I loved Rebels and love her character. 3-P0 was kinda the last nail for me, I've not groaned out load so loudly when watching a show or a film in years… why?!? Totally not needed, almost as sickly sweet and vomit inducing as 'Chewie we're home'….
These are just my thoughts, not looking for an argument or asking anyone to adjust their beliefs… more curious if folk are loving it and if so, why?

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
It's Star Wars, it's star wars of today, nothing stays the same , as Yoda says the future is in motion.

we will never get what we had originally, we have to make concessions, for me Ashoka is extremely watchable as a part of the Star Wars progression, another SWseries to watch and enjoy FOR WHAT IT IS no pre conceptions, enjoy for what it is as I am doing.enjoy a SW series for what it is without pre conception, or wether it fits canon wise … enjoy the story line an d the progression

you cannot beat the OT full stop, but what we can do is enjoy what is produced and put forwrd SW. wise , the alternative is that SW is consigned to history and we do not get any more new productions …we need to stop wearing rose tinted glasses … things change. Embrace it and watch and enjoy, or if you don't like it then don't watch it and if you don't like it don't spoil it for those that do like it.

I personally am loving Ashoka and the fact that it extends the Rebels series, " ohh Thrawn is paunchy" I'm sixty and I'm paunchy !
give us more is what I say and hang the consequences

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
you cannot beat the OT full stop, but what we can do is enjoy what is produced and put forwrd SW. wise , the alternative is that SW is consigned to history and we do not get any more new productions …we need to stop wearing rose tinted glasses … things change. Embrace it and watch and enjoy, or if you don't like it then don't watch it and if you don't like it don't spoil it for those that do like it.

Star Wars has changed (for good or bad), but that doesn't mean it should be above criticism.
How can it hope to improve if there is no quality control?

With respect, just blindly accepting what Disney produces (in the fear of it disappearing if you don't), is surely unhealthy.
If Disney keeps producing sub-standard content, you'll lose the audience and it'll disappear anyway.
I'm afraid we may be too far down that road already.

Ultimately, the market will decide.
As Disney found out with the Galactic Starcruiser, if standards aren't maintained, you'll eventually fall on your arse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom