Ahsoka

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I've lost the plot, the series has lost the plot and so has Disney.
This is just not my "thing".🙄, to be fair, nor was BoBF, the Ben Show or for that matter the last couple of series of Mando.
I really don't care anymore, not that I did much to start with in all honesty, but I will watch it to the bitter end.😔

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I really like the last episode. I was surprised that thrawn got so many min. on the screen :oops:

I also like the star destroyer and the stormies :cool: Any idea what the storie about the star destroyer are ? are it still under construction since it does look unfinished or damaged and maybe under repair :unsure:

lejackal

Grand Master
I don't like Thrawn and I don't like the Stormtroopers with bondage tape, and as for the gold bot 300 trooper it can get ****ed.

Its rare I get particularly pissy with Star Wars, but this latest episode was a nonsense.

Thrawn in Rebels was fine, it was before ROTJ so didn't really screw too much, this abomination of the character is basically Thrawn Cosplay.

Anyway, enjoy it if you like it, stick with it if you can in the hope of a step up and decent last couple of episodes. Stick it in the bin and move on if you hate it to piss boiling levels 🖖

BabyAckbar

Padawan
Another great episode- goosebumps when Thrawn's Star Destroyer arrived. Great Stormtroopers, too. Enjoyed Sabine's encounters on her trek across Scotland :ROFLMAO:

Will be interesting to see what Ezra brings to the party in the next couple of episodes.
Another great episode.

I got those goosebumps for the star destroyer too (especially when seeing the gold playing on the hull where the ship was damaged in REBELS.

Got even more goosebumps when see ing the battered and worn stormtrooper armour and the awesome Captain Enoch.

I had hoped for a battered ship and beat up troopers but this was better than hoped.

Strangely though Thrawn's intro was a bit "off" - I don't know how to describe but it didn't get the reaction out of me that I would have expected. I don't why though.

However, Mikkelson is very good as usual. And hearing him speak gives me the wiggans and a sense of dread why he talks to Sabine about how she has sacrificed the Galaxy for this trip.

However, Ezra and Sabine's reunion (something I had been really looking forward to) was a massive disappointment. And that I can explain.

After ten years he is reunited with one of the most important people in his life and he just nonchalantly leans against a hut with "what took you so long?" Sabine has put the fate of the galaxy on the line and she just puts hands on hips and rolls her eyes.

No big emotional moment. No tears. No joy.

I had thought the "power" Baylin Schol had thought of was to be with Thrawn but it didn't seem to fit the character. Now we know he had his own reasons for hitching a ride with Elsbeth.

He is searching for the origins of the Force to bring an end to the chaos. A noble cause but no doubt doing so would cause disaster.

I wonder if James Mangold's movie will tie into this.

Looking forward to next week.

BabyAckbar

Padawan
I really like the last episode. I was surprised that thrawn got so many min. on the screen :oops:

I also like the star destroyer and the stormies :cool: Any idea what the storie about the star destroyer are ? are it still under construction since it does look unfinished or damaged and maybe under repair :unsure:

Thrawn's Star Destroyer was heavily damaged in the last episode of REBELS. The gold parts are repairs made over the last few years.

BabyAckbar

Padawan
Hmmm... I thought this series got off to a good start and I initially enjoyed it. It was fun to see the 'Rebels' characters and locations brought to life convincingly, and I also gave it a pass on its massive female bias since the characters were at least true to 'Rebels'. I have commented on the slow pace of the storytelling and also my misgivings over some of the choices made in episode 4, but I was hoping things would pick up, however....

My liking of the series has taken a hit in episodes 5 and especially 6. The whole edifice is starting to creak for me. If you manage to still love it then good for you, but I'm really starting to question how much this feels like Star Wars for me. Yes, it was nice to see Hayden and glimpses of what a live action Clone Wars series would have been like, but that hardly advances the plot in this series, and since we aren't getting a live action Clone Wars, that amounts to teasing the audience with memberberries. And that aside, what else happened in that episode? Hera was ignored and then effectively slapped down by the Government; despite being a trustworthy General her reports were instantly dismissed! I'm struggling to find Elsbeth even remotely threatening, Ahsoka spent god-knows how long underwater and yet didn't drown (and because a woman simply cannot be saved by a man in modern Hollywood, did you notice she was fished from the water by a short female pilot when there was a much larger and stronger male pilot standing right on the ramp next to her like a big useless lump, when she emerged from the sea?). Ahsoka suddenly wearing white like she's the new Gandalf after being rescued and then standing on the exterior of a fast moving, extremely high flying space craft to Force-talk to the whales stretched credulity to breaking point for me, and the hyperspace whales themselves were a ridiculous idea in 'Rebels' and they look even more ludicrous in live action (they need baleen why exactly? Do they eat air plankton?).

As I say, this really isn't feeling much like Star Wars to me any longer.

And then we come to episode 6... Well, at least we finally got to see Ezra and Grand Admiral Paunch / Wig. We certainly didn't get to see much of Ahsoka in a show supposedly about her, but we did get to see Sabine ride a wolf-bat-horse that she was instantly able to communicate with without any difficulty whatsoever, have both of her blasters shot out of her hands by sharp-shooters who then sportingly stopped using their own blasters as soon as she switched to her lightsaber, enabling her to suddenly win a fight she was very much losing. We got to see Muppet tortoises who seem to spend a large portion of their lives pretending to be rocks miles from their homes for some reason, but we did finally get to see some stormtroopers.... this time complete with painted armour just like we never saw at any stage in the original trilogy, plus 1980's style post-apocalyptic leg-warmers / rags which served no obvious purpose that I could see other than to allow Hasbro to pump out a billion tweaked reissues. And as for the one with the ridiculous golden face... SMH!

As I say, if you're enjoying this, then well done, but for me this series fell off a cliff when Ahsoka did. It doesn't look like Star Wars and doesn't feel like Star Wars to me. What it worryingly does feel like to me is Disney Lucasfilm setting the stage to completely undermine everything we know and love about Star Wars. The rumours about them 'killing' the Force and shifting the action to the other galaxy where only women can wield the Force's replacement (unless you're a villain, in which case men can... of course [must smash that nasty imaginary patriarchy with a load of hateful misandry]), sounds only too plausible...

I've come this far, so I'll finish the series and hope against hope for an improvement, but after this I genuinely think I may be done with Disney Star Wars... :(
I was interrupted when scrolling the page and when I looked back to the screen your post was on the screen. I assume (like the Nightsisters) that the thread of Fate put me there for a reason.

Ahsoka didn't drown because she wasn't in the water long enough to drown because she had been in the World Between Worlds.

That was a very large portion of the episode. How did you miss it?

You mention "stretching credibility"? Space wizards and robots and teddy bears. A giant slug is the big name is organised crime. Armoured Soldiers that die with one shoot and can be knocked out with a punch. But a space whale is going too far?

And then the hogwash about misandry. No one said men can't use the Force in this new galaxy. That is nowhere in the episode. And the drivel about the woman diving in to rescue Ahsoka - maybe she was just the better swimmer. Maybe the goosed a coin. Maybe the other guy can't swim.

This fear of women is just bizarre. I don't understand how it all came about.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Well, I enjoyed it. Was it great...in places, for sure. But I've come to accept that SW films/series aren't being made for me and my own specific wishes and that nothing will ever match the OT in my mind.

There are plenty of things I wished they'd done and things I could have done without. To be honest I can find plenty of things like that in the OT.

I would have expected more in the Ezra/Sabine reunion. Also a bit odd she found him so easily.

Not sure on the new trooper style. Though part of me wonders if they are just reanimated dead troopers, courtesy of the witches!

I do like the Thrawn character and wish we had gotten the Zahn Trilogy as the sequels to the OT. So I do have a sense of feeling cheated of something that would have been incredible, but grateful I am at least getting something of what could have been.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Agree with most of this...

I loved the new troopers- I was thinking they were brought back from the dead, with their armour being held together with the red nightsister cloth. There was a creepiness about them. Also loved Enoch- all very gladiator/Roman/Samurai.

Sabine did indeed find Ezra all too easily, but was this all by Thrawn's design? The reunion was also a little subdued, considering.

Last edited:

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
I was interrupted when scrolling the page and when I looked back to the screen your post was on the screen. I assume (like the Nightsisters) that the thread of Fate put me there for a reason.

Ahsoka didn't drown because she wasn't in the water long enough to drown because she had been in the World Between Worlds.

You mention "stretching credibility"? Space wizards and robots and teddy bears. A giant slug is the big name is organised crime. Armoured Soldiers that die with one shoot and can be knocked out with a punch. But a space whale is going too far?

And then the hogwash about misandry. No one said men can't use the Force in this new galaxy. That is nowhere in the episode. And the drivel about the woman diving in to rescue Ahsoka - maybe she was just the better swimmer. Maybe the goosed a coin. Maybe the other guy can't swim.

I agree with this and find the 'hateful misandry' stuff very strange and a bit too conspiracy theory for my liking. Jeremy, WTF are you on about? :ROFLMAO:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Thrawn's Star Destroyer was heavily damaged in the last episode of REBELS. The gold parts are repairs made over the last few years.
I have forgot all about that, it has been a long time since I saw that tv series. But are rebels not a tv series before a new hope ? :unsure: so the star destroyer should have been repaired 100% since the empire had nearly full control of the galaxy an unlimited resources at that time :ROFLMAO:

BabyAckbar

Padawan
I have forgot all about that, it has been a long time since I saw that tv series. But are rebels not a tv series before a new hope ? :unsure: so the star destroyer should have been repaired 100% since the empire had nearly full control of the galaxy an unlimited resources at that time :ROFLMAO:
No, they've been stranded in this other galaxy all those years.

BabyAckbar

Padawan
Well, I enjoyed it. Was it great...in places, for sure. But I've come to accept that SW films/series aren't being made for me and my own specific wishes and that nothing will ever match the OT in my mind.

There are plenty of things I wished they'd done and things I could have done without. To be honest I can find plenty of things like that in the OT.

I would have expected more in the Ezra/Sabine reunion. Also a bit odd she found him so easily.

Not sure on the new trooper style. Though part of me wonders if they are just reanimated dead troopers, courtesy of the witches!

I do like the Thrawn character and wish we had gotten the Zahn Trilogy as the sequels to the OT. So I do have a sense of feeling cheated of something that would have been incredible, but grateful I am at least getting something of what could have been.
I believe that Filoni is trying to give
Agree with most of this...

I loved the new troopers- I was thinking they were brought back from the dead, with their armour being held together with the red nightsister cloth. There was a creepiness about them. Also loved Enoch- all very gladiator/Roman/Samurai.

Sabine did indeed find Ezra all too easily, but was this all by Thrawn's design? The reunion was also a little subdued, considering.
i thought that was some kind of electrical tape 😣

I couldn't be that guy - not even the performer. I'd be arguing with Filoni about the best way to wrap it all. :p

I don't think any of the troopers are for zombies - Thrawn would want a force he can't control on his ship. However, I do believe we will be seeing a lot of resurrections. They are loading something from catacombs on the the ship - catacombs are burial sites.

I think Filoni is bringing back the Nightsisters.

BabyAckbar

Padawan
Are Dathomirians human?

I had thought that Ventress and the Nightsisters were just human like.

And I had thought that Elsbeth wasn't a Dathomirian but human heiress who had somehow fallen in with the Nightsister in her youth. Or is Elsbeth not human?

BabyAckbar

Padawan
Also, I think next weeks episodes might be a difficult watch. Filoni may not have delivered a satisfactory reunion scene but the man knows how to craft a death and I think a few Perfills are going horribly.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter

There is actually quite a bit of debate about what exactly happened to Ahsoka after falling off the cliff, not least because it absolutely is not explained in the episode. Did she dream her visit to what we presume was the World Between Worlds? Was she hallucinating? Having a Force vision? Or was she actually there? We don't know. If she was actually there, how did this happen, since it certainly wasn't via the same method Ezra used in 'Rebels'? Until this is definitively answered by Filoni, my observation is valid; we don't know how long she spent underwater.

As far as stretching credulity, every work of fiction asks us to suspend our disbelief to a greater or lesser extent. The better the work, the more easily this is achieved. However, once the 'rules' of the fictional world / universe and its canon have been well established over a period of several decades, anything that's wildly different or greatly deviates from that requires extra skill and talent on the part of the creators to bring their audience along with them for the ride or risk them crashing out of the experience. Since we have never seen anything even remotely similar to the hyperspace whales in any of the live action Star Wars canon (creatures that float in the air rather than fly, as though possessing built-in natural repulsorlifts, which can also somehow 'fly' though the vacuum of space under their own power, and which can also access and traverse hyperspace 'naturally'), once again my observation is an entirely valid one. Additionally, and as I made very clear in my post, the views I was expressing about the episodes were my own opinions and thoughts on them. I'm allowed to do that, just as you're allowed to hold different opinions. However, observe that I don't do it by making patronising or insulting comments (you generously implied that I'm a misogynist without knowing the first thing about me) whose sole purpose can only be an attempt to demean or belittle a differing view point. I have no problem with you holding a different opinion to mine or in expressing that, but it would be nice if you extended the same courtesy to me that I am extending to you, and not simply assume that just because you don't agree with me that you must be correct and have a right to patronise and insult me.

I would also ask that if you are going to criticise something that I wrote, that you do in fact criticise what I actually wrote and not something that I didn't. I never claimed there was anything about men not being able to use the Force in this episode. What I actually said was that:

'the rumours about them 'killing' the Force and shifting the action to the other galaxy where only women can wield the Force's replacement (unless you're a villain, in which case men can... of course [must smash that nasty imaginary patriarchy with a load of hateful misandry]), sounds only too plausible...'

That would be 'rumours', not episodic content. And those rumours are currently making the rounds in alleged leaks from inside Disney / Lucasfilm, regardless of whether or not you are aware of them. Kathleen Kennedy's Lucasfilm has by this point got a very long and unpleasant history of misandry, and if you are not aware of it then you haven't been paying attention. Of course a woman could save another drowning person, but when your entire show comprises an unrealistic and wholly disproportionate number of women in all positions of power, in all major hero roles, and in which all of the adult men are relegated to either very secondary characters or villains (we can hardly count Ezra in the first 6 episodes since he's barely been in them), then I think we can safely say we're starting to see a pattern.

And for you to conclude that pointing out yet more Lucasfilm / KK misandry somehow equates to (by implication me having) a 'fear of women' is as insulting as it is wholly inaccurate. I hate bigotry in all its forms, including both misogyny and misandry. Star Wars, whilst predominantly a male brand when it comes to the toys, always was made for everyone when George was in charge of it. KK however pinned her colours firmly to the mast with her 'The Force is Female' nonsense, and she has successfully transformed a multi-billion dollar IP into a multi-million dollar one as the audience has been driven away in their droves (the latest evidence? The ratings for 'Ahsoka' are in and in its first 6 days it performed worse than 'The Book of Boba Fett', 'Obi-Wan Kenobi' and 'The Mandalorian' season 3).

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Whilst 'misandry' may be a strong word (depending on your viewpoint), I don't think anyone can deny the franchise has been infiltrated by an overt feminist agenda.
If it wasn't obvious before, the upcoming 'The Acolyte' will more than drive that point home.

For good or bad, Star Wars has always been a predominately boys brand, and Disney allegedly purchased Star Wars to get a slice of that lucrative boys market.
Yet, they thought it would make brilliant business sense to spurn the traditional male fanbase and try to turn it into a more female-centric brand.
A truly bizarre decision.

That decision (amongst others) is now bearing fruit. Viewing figures are in the toilet and the latest rumour is that the Golden Goose of merchandising is now egg-bound.
SW merchandising sales have allegedly dropped an eye-watering 65% under Disneys stewardship.

As for Ep6. It was OK.
Great effects and music.
Thrawn was a bit cosplay. His hairpiece was truly awful, I couldn't take my eyes off the ****ing thing on his head.
Sabine and Ezras reunion was strangely underwhelming.
Ray Stevenson RIP is still the best thing in it.
Still feels like a two hour movie script, stretched over six hours (which to be fair, it probably is).

F6c4Tv_bQAAdxyH.jpg

Last edited:

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Still not getting the mysandry stuff at all. I'm part of the traditional male fanbase and don't feel spurned at all. I think they definitely want more girls getting into SW, so there are way more women in prominent roles now, which is surely a good thing? It's great to see loads of girls dressing up as Rey for World Book Day every year- a nice alternative to Hermione! With Ashoka, we all knew it would be female heavy, due to the Rebels storyline, created by Dave Filoni (a man!). This story is his baby and I don't believe for a moment that he has mysandry in his agenda, neither do I believe any of the KK conspiracy theories, where she waterboarded him into doing it.
Just for reference, the leads in the SW TV shows:
Mando 1- male
Mando 2- male
Mando 3- male
BBF- male
Obi-wan- male
Andor- male
Ashoka- female

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Whilst 'misandry' may be a strong word (depending on your viewpoint), I don't think anyone can deny the franchise has been infiltrated by an overt feminist agenda.
If it wasn't obvious before, the upcoming 'The Acolyte' will more than drive that point home.

For good or bad, Star Wars has always been a predominately boys brand, and Disney allegedly purchased Star Wars to get a slice of that lucrative boys market.
Yet, they thought it would make brilliant business sense to spurn the traditional male fanbase and try to turn it into a more female-centric brand.
A truly bizarre decision.

That decision (amongst others) is now bearing fruit. Viewing figures are in the toilet and the latest rumour is that the Golden Goose of merchandising is now egg-bound.
SW merchandising sales have allegedly dropped an eye-watering 65% under Disneys stewardship.

As for Ep6. It was OK.
Great effects and music.
Thrawn was a bit cosplay. His hairpiece was truly awful, I couldn't take my eyes off the ****ing thing on his head.
Sabine and Ezras reunion was strangely underwhelming.
Ray Stevenson RIP is still the best thing in it.
Still feels like a two hour movie script, stretched over six hours (which to be fair, it probably is).

View attachment 185392
Love the comparison pic- he's clearly hit his 40's :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Top Bottom