A lucky escape?!!

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
I've been wanting to leave my job for a while as working back/night shift was doing my head in and on Monday I thought my luck was in !! :lol:

We were all summoned to the canteen to be informed they were going to shut down one of the food factories on site due to potential losses next year and that there would be some redundancies along with some staff going to other sites in the area.

I've been there for 8 years so I was starting to dream of a Ã'£2000+ pay off to escape and then today the gits tell me my job is one that is definitely safe !! :lol: The same thing happened 3 years ago and I'm beginning to think I'll never escape the place, although one good thing is I 'should' be on an earlier shift !! 8)

The only problem is I'm working in a team where all of the others won't know for a few weeks what is going to happen to them. :(

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
If you don't like them, that gives you a few weeks to wind the **** out of them then Craig!

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
craig i know how you feel.i worked in factory,s from leaving school and when i looked for another job it was just the same job different factory.then it got harder to leave as i knew at least the mortgage /bills were covers.then i got on at night college and now regret wasting 15 years off my life making some **** rich who at end of day didnt give a **** about me

lee gray

Sith Lord
Thats bad luck although you still got a job

i was mAde redundant from black and decker 6 years ago after working there 5 years and got just over Ã'£6000 one guy who had been there for over 20 years got Ã'£25000 the jammy **** and one guy who worked there over 35 years was retiring the year we were all made redundant and was excempt from getting any money the poor sod, if only he wasnt of retirement age till the following year

anyways i didnt work for two years afterwards as was a lazy **** and drained all my money away so had to get a job at tesco where i been nearly 4 years, just wish i could turn back clock and have that money again as there is some star wars stuff i would like i cant afford now

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom