21 Back Stormtrooper Update Graded

JohnWalsh

Padawan
DarthStanley said:
I'm glad it turned out to be the real deal John! :D

Are you going to keep it or sell it on?

I am not sure. Probably keep it but if I do list it on the bay I will let you guys here know.

Dax responded over at rebelscum.
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=vintagedisplay&Number=4536890&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=2

I just can't believe that he isn't convinced. Do you really think if AFA had any, just the slightest doubt they would grade it and risk their reputation. I myself have had figures rejected in the past. I'm sure if any of you send in figures as frequently as I do it is bound to happen especially when you buy off ebay and don't get a chance to see the figure first hand. Just because my figure isn't the same as the others found doesn't make it fake, it just simply means it's an error. Errors do exist and we all have seen them in some shape or form. I know it is hard to believe especially on a figure this rare, but it's legit. Even the tape for the weapon was partially sealed in the bubble seal.

It is funny how they still deny. Even though they own graded figures themselves. Hypocrites.

DarthStanley

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yeah i saw Dax's reply,i didn't think you were ever gonna get any apologies even though AFA have confirmed its legit!

I don't know anything about MOC's but the only conclusion i can come up with regarding the missing cardboard footer is that they had run out in the factory when the figure was packaged(i'm probably wrong though!) :?:

dspair

Youngling
From RS

No humble pie to be eaten here...
AFA is definitely not infallible.
For example...like I mentioned earlier...I'm surprised they graded that Transition Luke X-wing of his...where there is obvious evidence of the sticker being peeled back and reapplied.
Again it comes down to probability based on evidence presented:
1. No provenance (which country still not answered...which seller still not answered)
2. No footer
3. Tape on the bubble
4. Creases not matching up front and back
Although AFA grading would lend more credibility to its legitimacy...I still wouldn't trust it unless I were able to have it in hand and examine it myself.

-Will

JohnWalsh

Padawan
dspair said:
From RS

No humble pie to be eaten here...
AFA is definitely not infallible.
For example...like I mentioned earlier...I'm surprised they graded that Transition Luke X-wing of his...where there is obvious evidence of the sticker being peeled back and reapplied.
Again it comes down to probability based on evidence presented:
1. No provenance (which country still not answered...which seller still not answered)
2. No footer
3. Tape on the bubble
4. Creases not matching up front and back
Although AFA grading would lend more credibility to its legitimacy...I still wouldn't trust it unless I were able to have it in hand and examine it myself.

-Will

Sorry that you are confused, but I examined the figure myself (Luke X-Wing Transition Canada) and there were no signs of pulling or lifting. I understand your bark, but just because it is unheard of doesn't make it fake. I examined the figure first hand, felt comfortable, sent it to be graded and toylove said if it was to come back rejected he would reimburse me. He made no profit as I can see selling it to me. He told me he really wasn't in it for higher expectations. As we all know, maybe only a few, he has sold some Guerre Stellari for under market, because he gets em for cheap. Everyone I know that has bought figures from him have been satisfied. So the seller is out the picture. Basically it's your word versus AFAs who has been dealing with over a million transactions or at least figures being graded. I believe them over you and I hope everyone else does too. I understand your frustration, but it is what it is. Grow up and except it. ITS REAL AS WELL AS THE STORMTROOPER.

dspair

Youngling
I'm not confused at all...nor am I barking...nor is it my 'word' vs AFA's...nor am I frustrated.
I'm just stating my opinion based upon evidence presented.

The reason why I question the Luke X-wing is because the picture you posted of the back of the Luke X-wing looks as though a portion of the sticker is discolored and a portion not...and the upper right corner of the sticker looks as though there are creases (unless that is some kind of reflection)...all suggesting that the sticker was removed and re-applied. Again...I would not trust it without examining it first hand.
And although I haven't examined 'over a million figures'...I have had around 1,000 vintage figures graded by them and I am well aware of their strengths and their shortcomings. Take for example '20-C' backs. Up until a couple years ago they were grading figures with the stickers removed and obvious card staining from the adhesive. Then recently they decided to change it to a '20-X'. My point being that they will still grade something with an alteration of the original packaging...and call it what they will. So even though AFA grades something, I personally don't equate that to mean that it is wholly legitimate or acceptable for my own collection.

And while I appreciate your advice for me to 'Grow up and except it'...perhaps before making such a statement, you should ensure that your spelling is more on par with your own age...as opposed to a 2nd grader.

-Will

JohnWalsh said:
Sorry that you are confused, but I examined the figure myself (Luke X-Wing Transition Canada) and there were no signs of pulling or lifting. I understand your bark, but just because it is unheard of doesn't make it fake. I examined the figure first hand, felt comfortable, sent it to be graded and toylove said if it was to come back rejected he would reimburse me. He made no profit as I can see selling it to me. He told me he really wasn't in it for higher expectations. As we all know, maybe only a few, he has sold some Guerre Stellari for under market, because he gets em for cheap. Everyone I know that has bought figures from him have been satisfied. So the seller is out the picture. Basically it's your word versus AFAs who has been dealing with over a million transactions or at least figures being graded. I believe them over you and I hope everyone else does too. I understand your frustration, but it is what it is. Grow up and except it. ITS REAL AS WELL AS THE STORMTROOPER.

PGowdy

Grand Master
People on RS seem to have forgotten a lot of the accusations seemed to suggest the "owner" of this piece was trying to pull a fast one.
Not seen many retractions of that theory.

itfciain

Grand Master
Nothing very civil about this !!

"Very obliging for our resident tool (now ex-resident I believe) to post that video. Categorically, 100%, that item is a fake. No doubt at all in my mind. Oh, and would anyone like to point me in the direction of this other forum he's currently squatting in so I can advise the good people there of what an ass-clown this individual is?"

aussiejames

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
Nothing very civil about this !!

"Very obliging for our resident tool (now ex-resident I believe) to post that video. Categorically, 100%, that item is a fake. No doubt at all in my mind. Oh, and would anyone like to point me in the direction of this other forum he's currently squatting in so I can advise the good people there of what an ass-clown this individual is?"
That did surprise me a lot because 99% of the time his posts are very civil & well written.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Josh said:
I did say "Most of the people questioning it" :D

Josh, most of the people were questioning the legiitimacy of the photo. ie; they were insinuating foul play on the part of Mr Walsh. Those accusations went on for like two pages with about 8 or 9 members all chiming in.
Now it's all "yeah AFA have got it wrong". Maybe but doesn't that make the original belief that the collector was lying/trying to pull the wool over people's eyes invalid?? And shouldn't all the people who suggested he was "clearly faking the photo" retract those statements and apologise?

JohnWalsh

Padawan
Josh said:
You will be holding it for a while. This could be a new world record :lol:

I think it has been confirmed. A new world record. **** heads are embarrassed. Idiots doubting me. Its real and legit. Thank you

olisuds

Sith Lord
I've only just started posting here but have been active on RS for a while. To be honest I'm a little surprised by the support you got here!

Granted there is a tendancy on RS to be over suspicious and sometimes call out honest people unfairly. I have certainly seen it a few times.

The evidence of the AFA grading does look convincing. It's most probably legit! But people have a right to be wary of you and I don't think you are getting anything otherthan what you deserve!

You are well known for your dishonesty and deception. You also have an extremely bad reputation on ebay. You have backed out on nearly a third of your sales (just look at all the Negs on eBay)! You have also backed out of nearly half of your purchases on ebay (look at all the bid retractions) - screwing over many sellers and other bidders by inflating the auction price before pulling out.

With a reputation like this I do not understand why you insists on picking up controversial items and flaunting them under our noses for our opinions!

So to sum it up.... It's probably real, but you're dishonest, so its not surprising people don't believe you and give you abuse.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom