21 Back Stormtrooper Update Graded

JohnWalsh

Padawan
I am sorry I have to make a new thread for this but I have too. Over at rebelscum.com they are chewing me up and just banned me . They think that this is a fake that I picked up. They actually think that I am using 2 different figures and just lining them up so it looks like a 21 back in a reflection like I'm making it look as if I'm using a mirror.The only other 2 examples I know of have a loose gun with no tape and a foot plate. The one I recently picked up doesn't have a foot plate and has the gun taped, the gun is no longer held by tape but rather floating around. The tape was partially sealed with the bubble seal. It has a authentic bubble seal and shows no sign of being faked. The card isn't in great condition and has the number 8 on the cardback circled in pen. The cardback is original and not fake as well. It isn't 2 cardbacks glued together. The punch is a little different as well. I have included the photos they are freaking out about and a new one of me holding it in hand against a mirror. Please let me know your opinion.

My new picture of me holding it. The black out on my shirt is where I work so I blocked it.

001-8-1.jpg

Here is another picture of it against different mirror

003-7.jpg

Here is a picture of the case That has glass shelves, 3 glass paines on three sides and a mirror in the back.

004-4.jpg

Here are the original pictures that were posted on RS

005-5.jpg

006-3.jpg

007-2.jpg

tigerham

Sith Lord
Dude, why are you putting this up, for valuation or for sale or just for opinions?

As it's in the 'Showcase' section I would say you're just showing your piece and nothing else as there are threads for the appropriate situation.

JohnWalsh

Padawan
tigerham said:
Dude, why are you putting this up, for valuation or for sale or just for opinions?

As it's in the 'Showcase' section I would say you're just showing your piece and nothing else as there are threads for the appropriate situation.

Just opinions.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Fair enough. Have you ever heard of a 21bk with tape in the bubble or just the weapon in hand?

PGowdy

Grand Master
People on rebelscum are ever so quick to run their mouths. The amount of innocent valuation or "real/genuine" type posts i've seen met with hostility, unfounded accusations and general rudeness can be quite shocking at times. I'm not talking specifically about your case as i don't know anything about it. I'm just speaking generally.
Having said that i have no idea about this piece as it's not within my area of expertise but the reflection is obviously real... unless the logo on your t-shirt says "Dreamworks". :lol:
Have you thought about AFA/UKGing it? That'd sort it out once and for all.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Yeah well put Pete also agree on the grading it for authenticity etc etc. UKG are not that expensive and have got a reasonable turnaround. Just a thought. :)

JohnWalsh

Padawan
Yes guys I plan on getting it graded. Thanks for the kind words.

It happened with the Luke 41 back Kenner Canada Transition piece I own as well. They clearly thought that was fake as well.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Yeah what happened with that??

Also, can't you just film yourself turning the card round and post the clip... would be pretty convincing and stop the "fake reflection" chatter. That's what i'd have done already. Just a thought.

JohnWalsh

Padawan
PGowdy said:
Yeah what happened with that??

Also, can't you just film yourself turning the card round and post the clip... would be pretty convincing and stop the "fake reflection" chatter. That's what i'd have done already. Just a thought.

I think I will just send it in to get graded. That should stop all of it. I will probably send out tomorrow. Believe me I will have an update within a month on its legitimacy. Weather fake or real.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Also, would it be possible to post a picture of the card reflecting where the whole card can be seen from this side?
In all the reflecting pics the card bleeds off which creates a neat line of separation and would just make the pictures too easy to doctor and a different reflection attached.
This might be one of the things raising suspicions is all. A picture of the whole card and it's reflection would easy enough to do and be far less open to speculation.

001-8-1-1.jpg

tigerham

Sith Lord
Nice on the Luke John and again look forward to seeing the results of the Stormy. Good luck dude. :)

Vaders_Child

Padawan
Nice 21 stormie John,this may be a rare factory error card regarding the tape and footer.
Do you have a few close up pics of the bubble from all sides,it would be nice to see it close up.

Nice canadian transition luke xw also.

benbob

Padawan
I personally wouldnt be interested in buying this piece without first knowing more about the no footer, taped weapon senario but not to say for 1 second I think its fake just I dont know enough to make a decision. However it turns out when you get it graded will help make that decision. Personally I would send it to the AFA rather than

On the RS situation I feel for you John, just becuase your listing something that no-one knows much about they're jumping all over everything you do and syaing that its all fake! **** em buddy (sorry if any1 hear is ofended) they have far too much time on their hands and need to wind their necks in. I can understand questioning the legitimacy of your piece (I know I do) but to jump all over you and say you've been faking pictures is nothing short of ridiculous.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom